My Master Plan- Epcot

Chad

Original Poster
This one is gonna be long....
Epcot. A great park, that I believe is having a mid-life crisis. It is asking the question,"Where do i go from here?" and the Imagineers and Management are running into quite a problem..."How do we present educational material in an entertaining and exciting way, while keeping things low-paced for non-thrillseekers, and theme things properly?"
Well, I don't have the answers to any of those questions, but as always, I have some suggestions.
I figure the easiest way to do this is break it into two posts, one for future world, and the other for world showcase, so, here goes.

Spaceship Earth.
Right now it is up-to-date and still heart warming and inspiring, don't change, but remove that goofy looking hand thing..

Universe of Energy

I have mixed feeling here. I sort of feel like I'm gettting to much movie for my money, but it's still a good ride. The AA need some updates. And maybe turning that scene where they show the progresion of man could be turned into an actual ride segment, and maybe a motion-based floor for the cars to pull onto that moves slightly, not too much, could be an improvement. But other then that, I can't think of much.

Wonders Of life.

It is CLEAR that we need an update here. But, despite pthers who suggest a complete wipeout of this pavillion, I think that it should just be reworked. Get rid of the 80's styled colors and designs, and just reorganize things. DON"T touch cranium command, lest I go postal. We won't say much more there.
Body Wars needs a removal. It needs to go. Out, gone, bye-bye.
But then, I get struck with the thought,"What can replace it?" I'm not sure. I have come up with, what I think is the best Idea that I have heard or come up with yet. Carrousel of the Human Body. Yes, it will use a system similar to the Carrousel of Progress. "What? That ride is on it's last leg? It barely works!" I know, I know, i can hear you all saying that now. As far as I've heard, the majority of its problem center around inaccessabilty to the motors and difficult to replace parts, So I thought up a new system, it would be similar to a train, with each 'car' actually being a theater. The cars could be removed, replaced, repaired on simply by switching the track and pulling into a repair area outside the pavillion. The inside of the ride would be PACKED with special effects. It would need a host, and for some reason, ben stiller keeps coming to mind. It would be best to have a comedian, Makes it funnier. <duh.> SO anyways, it would go through different scenes, each explaining different things, Different systems, The cardiovascular (where the seats would rise up and down in tune with the heart beats) , respiratory (where air would be blown over the theater in tune with breaths),
And also disorders, cancer where a 3-d tumor would grow and spread throughout the theater) , AIDS (where guests would watch as a T-cell is infected and explodes with many new viruses, which they would feel along their bottoms) etc, etc..Id would be a comedic journey through the body. Suggestions would be VERY helpful here

SPace
Time will tell

Test Track

The only suggestion I have here is to put the standby line inside. I can't figure out WHY they haven't done this yet! Other then that, GREAT job!

IMagination
Here, I see promise. After what has seemed to eb the dark ages, it looks like the Figment family may come back into power, and rule supreme! However, they can screw this up royally, if not careful. I would still like to see the theme of the Imagination Institute hold out. I think it's great way too tie thigns together. And as I have heard, they Monsters Ride will center around monsters collecting energy from laughs....So I have an easy way to tie the two together. Simple, Say that the imagination institute has quite a few electric devices that need powering, scanners, gravity machines, etc..etc..And they have a unique way of powering the institute, wuth some help form figments band of monsters, they need your laughter to power their facilities...Easy! Then you enter the fanciful world of figment. Time, once again will tell on this ride.

The land
My suggestions are posted..look for em'

Changing Skies
look for my ride ideas on my page
http://imagineeringmagic.homestead.com
I think this ride would be great, bringing lots of new crowds to this side of the park..

Living seas
I personally love this ride and attraction. The ride could be enchanced by making the tubes completely see-through, and maybe making it a little bit longer by double backing in a new tube, featurign more scary critters. ALong with maybe some more interactive stuff in seabase alpha

Those are my ideas for Future world, more to come for WS

HorizonsMan

There are some very good ideas on what to do in epcot, i do have to say that cranium needs to stay but some of your ideas i think would take some time on, what we really need to do in this forum is to get a professional imagineer to come in and read the ideas and tell us truthfully what we need to do to sucessfully make a good ride. Thats my opinion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom