My little "life report"

Steve1005

Original Poster
so, I haven't been able to be on the forums for a couple months now because of house hunting, packing, and moving. But I'm in my new house now. And it does feel good to be a home owner finally. :)
As far as how we got there is a different story. House hunting was actually kinda fun, but once it got to the real life part of it not only was it not fun anymore but it was a complete fight.
The bank was a complete nightmare to deal with. (I won't name the bank but, there is two numbers in its name. They are both bigger than 2 but less than 6)
And the day we went to sign the HUD we were surprised to see that our "home loan expert" screwed up all of our taxes on the property so the payments are $200 more a month than what we were quoted! And since we had already given our 30day notice to our apartment building, it was either, 1) deal with the higher payment or 2) walk away and be homeless in the next 48 hours. So of course we signed.
Now all of our money that we planned saving for another Disney trip along with part of our Xmas budget are now going towards paying extra for our house.
So going on vacation just got put off for a few more years. But oh well. I'll survive.
Anyway, hopefully I can get back on here a little more now and once I get all the boxes unpacked I can really get on again and meet up with all my old friends from the site!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Although I've never owned a house, I know many people who have. The buying process was a nightmare for all of them, and sad to hear that you also had a negative experience.. Yet, once people can get past that, they all seem to be really happy about owning a home. Reminds me a little bit about an old Chinese proverb, that goes something like this: When one door is shut, another one will open. Moving forward, I wish you many positive experiences.

Steve1005

Original Poster
Although I've never owned a house, I know many people who have. The buying process was a nightmare for all of them, and sad to hear that you also had a negative experience.. Yet, once people can get past that, they all seem to be really happy about owning a home. Reminds me a little bit about an old Chinese proverb, that goes something like this: When one door is shut, another one will open. Moving forward, I wish you many positive experiences.
Thank you!! It is a very good feeling being able to look around and say "this is mine" now. And yea, my wife and I will have to cut some corners for a little while to make it all work, but I know we'll get through it. I know it'll all be worth it in the end. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom