Trip Report My "It's still raining in EPCOT?" July 2014 family vacation

Hello All!

Just got back from Disney World and I would love to report on all that happened while we were there. I am going to do this in 8 posts. This is the first post. We were there for 6 days, so those will be the next six, and finally I will have an 8th post with a reflection and some tips that I think could be helpful.

Our trip was from July 7-12. The vacation party included myself (24 yrs old), my GF (24 y/o), my mom (49), my dad (49), two sisters (19 and 12) and my brother (16). This was the fourth trip for my parents and I, the third for my siblings, and the first for my GF. We went through months of planning and reading articles and forums to hopefully have the best vacation possible!

We stayed at the All Star Music resort, which is where we have stayed previously. It isn’t the nicest, but it does the job and it is still a better experience than an off site resort (in my opinion). We were in the Country Fair section of the resort. The décor and theme of this part of the resort is not great, it lacks a certain flair/Disney Magic. But that’s ok. It was a great place to stay. Each member of our party got the refillable mugs, which we utilized to its fullest. Its really nice to have after a long day in the parks.

My remaining posts will include what we did for the day, including the fastpasses that we chose.

I will say that I am a very positive person, and I know a lot of Disney diehards on this forum can easily point out negative aspects of WDW, but that wont be me. I will have a few things that could be better, but for the most part, I will focus on the positive (which is what our trip was)

I will try to include photos as well.

Please feel free to ask questions/comment!

DisSplash

Fun trip report! Your selfies with the characters is hilarious!! Sorry to hear about the rain, but it doesn't sound like it dampened your Disney magic at all.

mrdrift

Great report, thanks for sharing with us. The interaction with the characters were really cute. Always can use trip tips, thanks for sharing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom