My husband was hired but..........

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Don L Duck
Why is that ?does Disney have something against Human Resources.I mean isn't it bad enough that the so called "union" is in Disney's back pocket:lookaroun

it's unfair when someone gets recommended by a friend/relative for a job they aren't qualified to do... so Disney eliminated that. Obviously, there are ways around it (namely CM's who get terminated and reinstated by friends in management) but for the most part, unless your last name is either Disney or Eisner, it doesn't matter who you know or are.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

Wellllll... for some positions, true... However, for Busses, we had to go through an extensive background check, criminal check, driving record check, residence check, employment check (all 10 yrs), plus a physical, and a drug test. Of course, I think all that has to do with getting the CDL.

I have a CDL w/ a Passenger Endorsement as an Entertainment Coordinator, and I never had any of those checks performed on me.

Don L Duck

OK One more question when Disney does it's rehab's to rides and the park's ,is it by people who are in specific trades such as painter's and carpet installer's or is it done by a crew of specialty people.I know of some people who would be considered handymen.They are experienced in a lot of different field's such as painting carpet and maintenence.:eek:

mkt

Premium Member
OK One more question when Disney does it's rehab's to rides and the park's ,is it by people who are in specific trades such as painter's and carpet installer's or is it done by a crew of specialty people.I know of some people who would be considered handymen.They are experienced in a lot of different field's such as painting carpet and maintenence.:eek:

they use Buena Vista Construction Co, WDI, and/or WDW Engineering depending on what the rehab consists of.

Don L Duck

Originally posted by mktiggerman

they use Buena Vista Construction Co, WDI, and/or WDW Engineering depending on what the rehab consists of.
Do you have to go thru Disney to get a job with Buena Vista Constrution? If so what do you have to do,and are they entitled to the same benefits?

mkt

Premium Member
Do you have to go thru Disney to get a job with Buena Vista Constrution? If so what do you have to do,and are they entitled to the same benefits?

I have no clue.. call 407-828-1000 for more info

Talsonic

Account Suspended
The Mouse has a contract on you.

Disney has learned over the years that it is far less expensive to contract out most trade work (i.e. painting, plumbing, etc.). Years ago visitors NEVER saw workers painting exhibits in the various parks. All that work was done after normal visitor hours by Disney staff. Now it is rather common to see work crews painting and performing other trades during the normal visitor hours. This is the labor force of contract workers. In the MK last year at 11 AM I saw a crew painting the old TimeKeeper exhibit and they all wore shirts that said, "Mike's Painting Service". Disney is going more toward this trend because it saves them lots of money and long term benefits. As current labor agreements start to expire, I'm sure you'll see more contract employees.

Don L Duck

I always wondered if Disney had it's own postal service or mailroom, if so how do you get work there? and what's the pay like?:veryconfu Sorry about all the questions,just trying to cover all the bases and I figured why not go to the source or a reasonable facsimile:lol:

2much2do

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disney4648
I have a question to ask. Was the job full time or part time? Maybe higher pay w/full time?:confused:

My husband was offered a full time position. I think they said they would only guarantee 30 hours a week. But that is considered full time. Also, he was not hired seasonal. It was to have been a permanent job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom