Pre-Trip My groom agreed on a Disneymoon, but will he love it?

Hi there! You may have seen me around, but this will be my first pre-trip report. I am beyond thrilled that it will be my DISNEYMOON!! Before I get started, let me properly introduce myself.

This is me, Heather, on my last trip to WDW back in 2012. (Far too long ago!)
Disney World 024.jpg

I took that trip with my mom and niece after going through a year long divorce. :( But life has changed so much in the last 5 years. Just around the time that I took that trip, I began dating someone. That someone just so happened to be a guy that I had met 13 years prior when I started working at the local Piggly Wiggly while in college. It was my first day on the cash register and he was a stock boy/bag boy. He asked me on a date that very day, BUT I had a boyfriend (who I ended up marrying) so I declined and he went on to get married years later as well. Fast forward to 2012 and we reconnected through Facebook. Come to find out he had went through a divorce at the same time as me and so we started hanging out. As much as I tried to not get "serious" it was only a matter of time before he swept me off of my feet.

My Prince Charming, Josh.
image.jpeg

Now BOTH of us had tried for many years to have children with our ex-spouses and BOTH of us were told by the medical professionals that it was us that had an "issue" that prevented us from ever having any children. So imagine our surprise when a year later.....

Our miracle arrived!
Picture 010.jpg

Cameron is 3 now!
IMG_1844.JPG

Oh wait, that's Catboy! Here is Cameron!
IMG_2264.JPG

Our family :inlove:
tailgate.JPG

So like I said, a lot has happened in the last 5 years. We both decided that we didn't want to rush into marriage, having been through what we had. We got engaged 2 years ago and we've finally decided that now is the right time. On April 22, 2017, we will finally become husband and wife in a very small ceremony underneath the oak trees at my aunt's house.

Now, we have went back and forth on where we wanted to honeymoon or if we should even take one at all. Would it be just the two of us, or would we go somewhere with our son? At the end of the day, we decided we'd take a honeymoon, just the two of us. With so much happening over the last 5 years and so early on in our relationship, we have never been on a long vacation together. And let's face it...Mommy and Daddy need a break! But the where was still up for debate. Of course, my first choice was Disney. I've been many times, but he's never been. His argument was that he wanted his first time at Disney to be with his son. My argument was that he needed to experience it first as an adult without a child because when we bring our son it will be a very different trip. Finally he agreed because he knew it would make me happy! :inlove::happy:

Mommy and Daddy are going to Disney! (Shhhh...we aren't telling Cam where we are going.)
IMG_2369.JPG

I hope I did not bore you with our lengthy backstory. o_O I've been super nervous about the planning process. My only wish is that Josh will have a great time and love Disney at least half as much as I do! (He does love Disney movies, so that's a bonus.)

Next: Trip details!!!!

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I had dinner there last weekend. My wife and I shared the 32oz Porterhouse for 2 and my 12 yr old some had Rack of Lamb. My 9 yr old daughter had French Onion Soup, bites of everything, and dessert. We also had a cheese board and a Caesar salad (salad is huge). Bread is made on-site (only GF and Yacht have their own bakeries) and comes with roasted garlic bulbs that spread like better, which they also bring out. It is the only signature I have been to 3 times and twice paid OOP. It is our favorite, enjoy!

Oh my that sounds delicious and now my stomach is rumbling! I can't wait!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Reservation Detail
vxtMQvrzrkk2-vQpgWw7n31h2Ihi9kl6HAPcRwTH4kt1Ez6NZNNRMYW0Onr_du2UfOvJhmI3qAmRDsB5QrJJtjewDXKaV9MK6qsDN1Gg1BJpE26oew6Yquc-WFoQIgpofaffcDPL99sCoe5MiZeWhP1KLheq=s0-d-e1-ft

Reservation for 2 Guests on Friday May 5, 2017
Tiffins Restaurant Dinner -ROL 1st Viewing
5:00 PM - Dinner
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Eeeek! Excited but nervous about this dinner all at the same time!:p
Woohoo!! I don't think my mom is adventurous enough to try Tiffins, but I hear it's Amazing! So I settled for Tusker House, where I've been before and the food is pretty good. So excited for ROL!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Woohoo!! I don't think my mom is adventurous enough to try Tiffins, but I hear it's Amazing! So I settled for Tusker House, where I've been before and the food is pretty good. So excited for ROL!

I don't know if we are either, but we will sure find out, ha-ha! I went and looked at some photos and it does look good!

amjt660

Premium Member
Reservation Detail
vxtMQvrzrkk2-vQpgWw7n31h2Ihi9kl6HAPcRwTH4kt1Ez6NZNNRMYW0Onr_du2UfOvJhmI3qAmRDsB5QrJJtjewDXKaV9MK6qsDN1Gg1BJpE26oew6Yquc-WFoQIgpofaffcDPL99sCoe5MiZeWhP1KLheq=s0-d-e1-ft

Reservation for 2 Guests on Friday May 5, 2017
Tiffins Restaurant Dinner -ROL 1st Viewing
5:00 PM - Dinner
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park

Eeeek! Excited but nervous about this dinner all at the same time!:p
You are going love Tiffins
Get there early to enjoy a drink in the Nomad lounge
Go outside and sit on the comfy couches on the deck that will face pandora
We looked at the wall in Dec - you will get to see the real thing!!!
So excited for you

Max

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
You are going love Tiffins
Get there early to enjoy a drink in the Nomad lounge
Go outside and sit on the comfy couches on the deck that will face pandora
We looked at the wall in Dec - you will get to see the real thing!!!
So excited for you

Max

Thanks for the tip! I def want to check out the Nomad Lounge!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Not too much to report on.
8 days til FP selections!
60 days til the wedding!
68 days til we leave for Disney!
A friend did get me these cool pool towels for our trip.
towels.jpg

I haven't done the first thing for the wedding except for order a small cake. I'm not that concerned since it's not a big thing, but I probably should at least start finding something to wear!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Love the towels! :) You better get to planning! I would be a total mess if I didn't have everything planned right down to the color of underwear I have on that day.. I envy your attitude about it. :rolleyes:

Hah, well I've already been there, done that with the whole big wedding thing. I was adamant about not wanting that kind of stress. Planning a Disney trip is so much more fun.

dmatt87

We went to WDW in 2011 for our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it. We stayed at Coronado Springs, we didn't want to splurge on AKL at the time (and boy do I regret it LOL), and it was quiet and wonderful.

We went late August, so that parks weren't too busy and we enjoyed our trip to the fullest. The only down side is we missed about half of our ADR's - we were Disney virgins and we tried to stay in the parks all day, but couldn't and it wrecked our schedule.

We are going back in May for our boy's 4th birthday and first visit, and we planned (I did in all honesty) properly this time around!

Congratulations :)

kaitertot5249

OH.MY.GOODNESS. Your story is so sweet! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and your DISNEYMOON! Your plans sound amazing and I can't wait to read all about your trip. Your ADRs are at all of the places I've been dying to try so I can't wait to experience them all vicariously through you :rolleyes:

tractor tipper

Current wife (only) and I also honeymooned at WDW, stayed at Poly (it was expensive $75 a night) had our own little private beach.
No magic band cardboard room card you could then bill to your room. Still have a C ticket left in ticket coupon book and the room card.
Ate at Kona Cafe (don't remember if it was called that back then) every morning; we try to make it our last breakfast stop before leaving.
He will have a great time, after all he is with you.

amjt660

Premium Member
Current wife (only) and I also honeymooned at WDW, stayed at Poly (it was expensive $75 a night) had our own little private beach.
No magic band cardboard room card you could then bill to your room. Still have a C ticket left in ticket coupon book and the room card.
Ate at Kona Cafe (don't remember if it was called that back then) every morning; we try to make it our last breakfast stop before leaving.
He will have a great time, after all he is with you.
If you can find it you should take a picture of the remaining C ticket and post it here
My first trip was in 1979 to MK only and we had a 2 day pass ( I was 13 at the time)

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom