My First Trip to Universal Orlando - Review

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
First, let me say that I was extremely impressed with what we saw from Universal Orlando. I have been a Disney geek for about 25 years now and never thought about going here and never did until a few weeks ago. I want to thank you all so very much for the recommendations that were given to me the last few months, which proved to be very helpful on our trip.

Sapphire Falls-

Brand new hotel that was perfectly situated to the parks, and an easy boat ride to CityWalk. There was a mix up here (an error with Universal not the hotel) but they upgraded me and gave me 1 day of free unlimited express passes, so that was awesome. I would recommend staying here, and its reasonably priced, I think we paid $125 a night. (Keep in mind, self parking is $22 a night)

Universal Studios-

This was a great first park to visit. We really enjoyed all the attractions, expect The Simpsons Ride which basically made me sick for most of the morning. Escape from Gringotts is by far the most stunning and exciting ride I have ever experienced. Me and my wife just kept going in the Single Rider line and rode it at least 15 times. We would come back to the park for this ride along along with Diagon Alley which is stunning in its own right. We loved the Leaky Cauldron and of course the Butter Beer. Another highlight here was Transformers. We were lucky enough to be here during Marti Gras, so the parades were awesome as well as the free concert (we saw Ne-Yo).

Islands of Adventure -

This was our favorite overall park, themactically and attraction wise. While it was a bit chilly we still rode 2 of the 3 water rides (Barges and Jurassic Park) and loved them (got soaked!!) Spider man was just as incredible as everyone described, I can't believe how realistic all the show scenes were (especially the part rising building part). Forbidden Journey's queue is an absolute stunner as well. I can't beleive how realistic they made Hogwarts look. The ride itself was so impressive, we had to ride this one a few times too.

All in all, I can't wait to get back. They have made us Universal fans and we will most likely go again next year. One small complaint would be, that they do have a ton of screen based rides and 2 more to come in the next couples years, so it would be cool to see them branch out a bit on that front but I still loved everyone (except The Simpsons of course)

BubbaQuest

Thanks for sharing the review! Did you have a chance to spend any time at the hotel pool? I haven't read much about the pool size/amenities.

Glad to read you had a good time.

Horizons '83

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks Everyone!

Wanted to continue with the review with Dining included:

Harbor Nights -

We decided last minute to go to Harbor Nights at the Loews Portifino which is about $53 bucks a person and we were SO glad we did! The wine was fantastic and plentiful and the food was just absolutely delicious and again plentiful. We were worried that the small plates wouldn't have been enough to fill us but there was more food than I could have imagined and dessert was included as well. I HIGHLY recommend this. Be warned though to dress a little on the nicer side, the locals seem to dress up for this one and we looked a bit foolish wearing jeans.

Universal Studios Dining -

The Leaky Cauldron - was delicious and exactly what we wanted with plenty of Butter Beer options and great Pub food along with great theming. The service was very quick as well.

Louie's- I'd skip this one. It wasn't bad but you can tell it was just run of the mill.

Finnegans - Loved popping in here at night to listen to the music and grabs few brews. I do wish they had a better beer selection but they had the standards and the food was above average pub food as well.

Islands of Adventure Dining -

We actually only got snacks here so I can't speak to the dining but we will try the options next trip

CityWalk Dining -

Chocolate Emporium- Big highlight of the trip! Everything was excellent that we ate for Lunch including the massive cupcake shake! The theming is incredible and they even had a few characters there to greet you as well. Great addition to CityWalk!

As for the pool at Sapphire Falls, it's huge!! We actually had great pool side service and lunch service here on our day off from the parks. The pool is beautiful!

Kong was awesome ! Forgot to mention it in my first post but what the did there is amazing, having the duel screens on either side of you that acts as one in a sense is very cool to see and then the massive Kong that looks so real!

Can't say enough about the quality of the entire resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom