My first trip report

Well i have just gotten home (literally) and figured i would do my first trip report. Was my DW, DS (4yrs) and DD 2yrs). I will upload photos later but right now my camera has only finished downloading 400 of the 800 pictures we took.

Arrived at Pop on 9/16. When we arrived our room wasn't ready. So we went to the food court and brought our new mugs and had our first ever meal on the Disney Dining Plan. Was great would definitely pay for the plan next time.
After that we hoped on the bus to Magic Kingdom.
Went over to the Laughing Floor for the first time with absolutely no wait. Thought the show was good. DS and DD loved it. DW also thought it was good.
After that we went over to ride Buzz Lightyear (always a big favorite of DS as he has watched Toy Story 1&2 too many times to count) with again no wait at all He loved it

After that we hoped on the Indy cars. Had about a 5 minute wait. Man those cars seem to go slower and slower each time i ride it. DS got to drive the car for the first time. First time he was there he was to young and the last time he freaked out and refused to drive. Let say he basically bounced off the rail the whole time and my poor DW said she thought she was going to get whiplash.

After we finished the indy cars we went right over to the TTA and got right on it. Always a classic ride had no complaints.

We then ran over to the Tea Cups with no wait. Was only my second time on them and the rest of the families first time. They were fun but not a ride i would wait for if there was a line.

Then i took my ds on Goofy Barnstorming (DD want to go in the worst way bit she was too small). DS ,loved it as he is a huge rollercoaster fan ( At 4 yrs old believe it our not). We had our longest wait of the day to that point of roughly 20 minutes.

We then went over to Snow White, Small World, Peter Pan Pooh and Dumbo with Dumbo having the only wait time of about 25 minutes. Kids loved all but Snow White was still to scary for them.

The last ride we did that day was Splash Mountain. Once again dd was to small even though she really wanted to go. Been on Log Flumes in Jersey many times and she loves them.
DS was so excited to go on it and he was not disappointed. All the effects were working good (Maybe too good since the water cannon soaked us before we even went up the first hill. Oh well it was about 95 degrees anyway)

We then had ADR at Chef Mickey for 7:10pm. We went over early since it started to pour. As we where waling to the Monorail DS and DD both fell asleep. We got to the Contemporary around 5:45 and asked if we could check in early. Not only did they let us but they sat us within 20 minutes.
Was great. we had Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, and Pluto all at once. Even got a great shot of Goofy and Donald arguing over which table they were going to go to.

After the dinner (the food was good too especially the ice cream bar) we took the Monorail back to the MK and then took the bus back to the Pop and finally got into our room for our first night.
I will try to update tomorrow with picture but right now i am ready to crash.

rcapolete

Original Poster
So on the second day we went over to MGM around 10:30am. We saw the Indian Jones Stunt Show. I hadn't seen that in years and the rest of the family had never seen it. DW and DS like it DD was a little scared because of all the loud noise.
After that we walked around for awhile until it was time for our ADR at Hollywood and Vine. The kids loved the Little Einsteins and JoJo Circus Characters. The food was ok, i actual really liked their chicken nuggets.

When DS, DD and myself where done we went outside because they were getting a little crazy while DW finished her food. (kind of a slow eater).The Public Works guys were doing their show right outside the restaurant and DS walked over and got chosen for the show. He had to throw a ping pong ball into buckets. Every time someone would miss he would run and pick up the ball, this made the Head guy keep on telling him that he wanted to hire him to help them out everyday. At the end two teams were tied for second so my ds was picked to play in the tie breaker, he made 3 out of 5 and helped his team win second place. He got a rubber traffic cone key ring for it and was in 7th heaven.
After that we decided to leave and head over to Blizzard Beach for a couple of hours.

The kids played in Tikes Pike for a while and had a blast. It was the first time either of them had been on a water slide.
After that we went to the top of the mountain and rode the Family raft ride (forgot the name) twice. DD was so happy because for the first time when they measured her she was big enough which she said over and over all day. She got a little scared the first time but at the bottom asked to go again which we did.

After that they played in the medium size area (again forgot the name) for a while and then the Park closed.

Head back to Pop for awhile but on the way there both kids feel asleep and didn't want to wake back up so we called it an early night.

More later on day three either tonight or tomorrow if i found time

rcapolete

Original Poster
Donald and Goofy arguing over which table they were going to at Chef Mickey
IMG_3028.JPG

Just a pic of Goofy, Puto and Mickey
IMG_3018.JPG

A shot from the TTA of Tomorrowland
IMG_2874.JPG

DD gazing at "Her Castle" from TTA
IMG_2869.JPG

Willl have alot more pics later when i get a chance.
Thanks to all that have read so far

rcapolete

Original Poster
ok on to day three.

We started off in MK. Took a whole bunch of pictures of the Halloween decoration. Must say they did a great job imho. There was a lot but not too much.

When we entered Pinocchio and Gipetto(sp) where out so we stopped to take pictures and get autographs. They were great. They posed of a whole bunch of pictures for everyone in line.

After that we waited for the two bad guys from Pinocchio (sorry don't remember their names.)

They we went down Main street and headed over to the Carousel. This is war one of the highlights for the week took place. While i we waited in line the Cm came over to my dw and asked for our dd name. He then went on to name her Honorary Princess for the hour and gave her a Magical Moment Certificate and a sticker proclaiming her An honorary princess and made a announcement and everyone started to clap for her. She was in 7th heaven and was pointing to her sticker the rest of the day saying "i honorary Princess".

After that we went on a couple more rides in MK which right now alludes me. After a while we started to head over to EPCOT for my daughter Princess Storybook Dinner.

When we arrived in EPCOT we had a lot of time to kill so we basically strolled around the countries (must say they had walls up everywhere while the set-up the F&W areas. Kind of ruined the countries a little but not to much since i am not a big fan of them anyway.

It was time for us to head over to Norway for our ADR.
When we got there Maelstrom was about a 30 minute wait for i fast passed it for after dinner.

The dinner was amazing. For anyone who is a Princess fan this is a great dinner to book.

They had us come in and take as many picture with Belle as you like as well as a Photopass person there.

After that we were seated and then Ariel, then Jasmine and lastly Cinderella came out to our tabll to take pictures. The whole time my dd jaw kept dropping with each princess that came to the table and of course she pointed out her sticker to all of them.

When that was done we rode Maelstrom which i always liked as a ride just wish they would do away with the whole movie at the end cause nobody ever seems to stay for it.

After that we had a VIP seating for Illuminations because they canceled our reservation at Tappanyak(sp).

They let us into a standing room only area but it was pretty empty so ds and dd were able to sit in their stroller and watch the whole thing and it was great as always.
the only problem was the line at the bus stop but even that was remedied in a few minutes. They had a Cm with a walkie talkie standing there calling in buses one right after the other. It took the 7th bus for us to get out of there but we waited maybe 35 minutes.

This worked out well since my mom and dad were just arriving at the Pop when we got back. They flow down for a couple of days from Jersey to spend it with the kids and me and dw.

Well that it for day three. We update more tomorrow hopefully plus add more pictures when i have a moment.

ThinkTink721

Arrived at Pop on 9/16. When we arrived our room wasn't ready.
I will try to update tomorrow with picture but right now i am ready to crash.

We checked out of Pop on 9/16 - maybe you got our room (#2167 in the 50's section).
I understand about the crashing part - it literally took me an entire week to recover.
Glad you all had fun!

H20Babie

I think it's absolutely fabulous that both your DS and DD got chosen for some magical moments! Princess for an hour? Too cute! I want that one! :ROFLOL:

Thanks for sharing, glad you had a wonderful time!

rcapolete

Original Poster
ok so onto day for. Finally back-up arrived the night before (Mom and Dad). Originally we were going to head over to Animal Kingdom but it was raining in the morning and i always figure EPCOT the better park for rain since most everything is inside.

Got there and basically walked onto Nemo. Was really impresses with the update. DS and DD both loved it even though they have never watched Nemo. Not really sure why since we own it. Like the Seagulls out front add a nice touch to it. After that we headed over to Imagination. I know i am in the minority but i like the ride. I have been on the original one but my memory of it is a little vague. Seems to me though that they toned down the skunk smell. I remember it being a lot worse last year.
We then headed over to the Land. Now i don't remember it to much since i haven't been on it for years but it seems like they totally changed it (not sure if they did). I remember being really bored on it but this time i thoroughly enjoyed the ride. Especially the greenhouse part. Was amazing to see the way they are growing vegetable on trees that are normally on vines. When we got off of that we went and fast passed Soarin since it was a 40 minute wait and headed over to see Circle of Life. Nice short film to kill time. DS and DD loved it since they are huge Lion King fans.
we grabbed a bit to eat while waiting for our fast passes. Mom and Dad watched ds and dd while me and DW headed over to our first time on Soarin. Nice ride enjoyed it but was not overly thrilled by it. For one i wish they would have made the rows go up a little higher so you don't see the people, above you feet.

After that we headed over to test track for ds first time. Mom and Dad also rode it while DW stayed with DD since she was to small. Love that ride. DS had a blast. The wait was only about 15 minutes.
The last thing we did in EPCOT was ride Mexico since both kids are huge Donald fnas. They like it very much as did the rest of us.

It was getting to time to head over to our ADR at Ohana.
Now i know people have been complain about Ohana a lot lately but i must say i could not have been better.
For starters when i made the Adr it was for four only since my Mom and Dad had not yet decided to come down. Once they decided i tried calling about once a week to change the reservation and was told it was not possible every time. Well when we got there they were more then happy to expand the party to 6. As it turned out both kids were passed out through the whole thing. Service was good, had no real problems like some people have said.

After that we ran over to MK to ride Jungle Boat and then BTM for my Ds first time. He absolutely loved it.

Well after that we head back to Pop to let kids swim for a while then call it a night.

Well i will update more tomorrow if i have a chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom