My Favorite Tips

BigRedDad

#1 Semi-agree. Dining is not something we are big on. We usually get in where we want with out a dining reservation.

#2 Completely agree. We can do all of our must-do's early and multiple times in the morning. This leaves the afternoon and evening doing other things with shorter waits.

#3 Agree completely. There is alot more to Disney than just the rides, parades, and main shows.

#4 Agree completely. However, work seems to creep in at times even though you are on vacation.

New Tips:
Pack Runner's Glide. If you are prone to chafing, this is a dream to have.
It's FL, expect it to rain. Buy the $1 ponchos at WalMart before going or you may be buying $15 ones from Disney.
Sit back, relax, people watch, and don't rush. There are so many nice things to see when you take it slower.
Take a break at your hotel/resort.
Find the playgrounds at the parks. Kids sometimes just need to sit and play with other kids for a while.

rodserling27

Good tips figment. I, too, get to the parks at rope-drop and hit the "big stuff" first that I won't have patience to wait for later in the day when FastPass runs out, like Space Mountain or Peter Pan, Soarin', Toy Story Midway Mania.

1 book early as possible lodging and meals. I agree with that! Restraunts like Ohana take FOREVER if you want a 7:30 table try to make a reservation for 6:40 since you will be waiting for an hour My dad waited to long to make reservations we ended up with a 8:40 reservations and didn't get our table till 9:30.​
2 Be at the park for rope drop and do your 1 absolute must do first. I agree but my parents never wake up that early we only went to rope drop once!​
3 Take time to see things off the beaten path. True! Do not just do rides shows and parde 4 most important of all a bad day at Disney is better then a good day at work!!! Rember to ENJOY your vacation I agree!​
I'd rather be at disney world than at school... You get to brag to your friends that you are at Disney World while they're learning!​

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
1 book early as possible lodging and meals. I agree with that! Restraunts like Ohana take FOREVER if you want a 7:30 table try to make a reservation for 6:40 since you will be waiting for an hour My dad waited to long to make reservations we ended up with a 8:40 reservations and didn't get our table till 9:30.​
2 Be at the park for rope drop and do your 1 absolute must do first. I agree but my parents never wake up that early we only went to rope drop once!​
3 Take time to see things off the beaten path. True! Do not just do rides shows and parde 4 most important of all a bad day at Disney is better then a good day at work!!! Rember to ENJOY your vacation I agree!​
I'd rather be at disney world than at school... You get to brag to your friends that you are at Disney World while they're learning!​
I won't take my kids out of school I know mean mom but when we go 10 park days so I guess I'm not all bad

bmarkelon

I won't take my kids out of school I know mean mom but when we go 10 park days so I guess I'm not all bad
Wow, again today...agree with you 100%. I say the same thing all the time. I used to think I'd be the mom that wouldn't mind taking them out of school and then we were like "wait a minute, can we really pull them for 6 or more days?!" We always stay a minimum of 8 nights, so we just can't do it!

I agree with your tips in original post too. I always tell newbies to do some studying to prepare, take your time and enjoy. Just to be happy with and enjoy each and every magical moment and not to dwell on what you didn't get done...there's always next time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom