Pre-Trip My Dream Vacation...a June 2014 PTR

I know, I know, I have a really long time before our trip, but I'm so flippin' excited that I wanted to share with y'all!
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, Logan (10), Lily (8), and Owen (5)
My mom and dad (or Nanny and Papaw to the kids)
My brother Scott, my SIL Beth, and my twin nieces Macy and Allison (3)

Here is a pic of my parents and kids from our last family trip in Oct. 2011

Here is our family

Here is one of my favorite pics of me and Brian

And here is one of my favorites of the kids

Here is one of me and Owen from our trip last December

I still have to get permission from my brother and SIL to post pics of my nieces. So hopefully I can have some up soon.

What: A 3 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Dream followed by 4 days at WDW

When: We set sail on June 19, 2014

Where: We will be staying in deluxe oceanview staterooms with verandahs. Our rooms are all in a row so we can open the partitions and have 1 large verandah. We are in rooms 6044, 6042, and 6040.

Thanks to Tammy(@Disneyfalcon) for all her help getting this set up for us!!

mishel635

What an exciting trip you have planned!!!! :) We have 38 days left until we are staying at BCV for 7 nights and I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!! It's the first time at Disney for my 3 1/2 yo and 5 1/2 yo and my husband hasn't been there in 35 years!!!! :) Can you tell I can't wait?
I love all of your purchases and I have to ask- where did you find the soap? I must have it!!!! :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
What an exciting trip you have planned!!!! :) We have 38 days left until we are staying at BCV for 7 nights and I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!! It's the first time at Disney for my 3 1/2 yo and 5 1/2 yo and my husband hasn't been there in 35 years!!!! :) Can you tell I can't wait?
I love all of your purchases and I have to ask- where did you find the soap? I must have it!!!! :)
Thanks for reading! I got the soap at Target, but I think I have read others on here have also found it at Lowe's, and I would be surprised if you couldn't get it at Walmart as they tend to carry lots of Disney items! Have a great trip!!

Disneygal1

Soo jealous of your trip! I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, but my family always ends up going on another line since Disney's rates are so high. Maybe one day... Until then, I can't wait to read your report to get my Disney cruise fix!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Soo jealous of your trip! I have always wanted to go on a Disney cruise, but my family always ends up going on another line since Disney's rates are so high. Maybe one day... Until then, I can't wait to read your report to get my Disney cruise fix!
I'm jealous that you have been on numerous cruises!! The only other one I have been on was way back in 1990 when Disney did theirs through Premier Cruise Lines, and unfortunately, I don't remember a whole lot about it. So I am very excited for this one!!

Disneygal1

I'm jealous that you have been on numerous cruises!! The only other one I have been on was way back in 1990 when Disney did theirs through Premier Cruise Lines, and unfortunately, I don't remember a whole lot about it. So I am very excited for this one!!

Let me tell you, you may just get addicted! Endless food and constant entertainment. Cruising comes in a close second to visiting Disney. Also, I never knew Disney did that! Sounds really interesting. Ohh, and the kids will love it! I've cruised with younger ones, and they get the biggest kick out of doing what they want, exploring the ship, and the cruises activities. I'm getting excited for you!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We got some news last week that has the potential to greatly impact our trip!:mad:

A little backstory to start: Brian has been trying for about a decade to get a firefighter/paramedic job. He went to our community college and got his certification for both right before the economy tanked, and hasn't been able to find any full time positions since. Here in the Dayton area, no one will even look at you for one of those positions once you reach 38, so 2 years ago we decided to let his certification lapse and thought we were done with the whole thing. Well, shortly after that, Columbus gave a test for their eligibility list and Brian passed that and the physical test with flying colors (and they didn't even care that he was 38!). Then we didn't hear anything and just assumed their eligibility list expired.

Now, back to the present. Thursday, which just happened to be Brian's 40th birthday, he got a call from Columbus! They want to meet with him for the "next step", which happens to be a physical exam and a psych evaluation. They have also started a background check and are calling his references and his supervisor at his current job. So, it is looking like he will be offered a position if he passes this step, which I can see no reason he wouldn't. So, YAY!!!! Except, their academy starts in........yep, June!:cry: I am so stressed right now! I want him to get this job so badly, but I want him to go on vacation too!!:( I know, a career vs. a vacation= no competition whatsoever, but it still makes me sad and stressed! Just thought I would share with people I know will understand my conflicted emotions!:D

FlaggNL

I think I can understand the mixed emotions.... but like you said... career-vacation.... everybody knows what to choose.. but it would be still sad if you have to cancel the trip! No matter what reason that's always sad!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I think I can understand the mixed emotions.... but like you said... career-vacation.... everybody knows what to choose.. but it would be still sad if you have to cancel the trip! No matter what reason that's always sad!
Well, we won't cancel the trip, he just won't get to go with us! Just as sad, but the kids and I will still have fun!

Laurenciaa

Wow I just got through all your previous posts and i lovee all the prep/gifts things you ordered/made :) So pretty ! And congratulations for your husband ! I'm in on this PTR... what is it +- 135 days now ? :D

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Wow I just got through all your previous posts and i lovee all the prep/gifts things you ordered/made :) So pretty ! And congratulations for your husband ! I'm in on this PTR... what is it +- 135 days now ? :D
Thanks for reading! 139 days until we check in at AoA, 140 days until the cruise, and 143 days until we check in at Pop Century!!

Just got on. You even got me so excited for your trip. What a great PTR. I know your sick about the job starting in june. Maybe it will all work out some how. Cant wait to hear.
Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will at least get to go on the cruise with us!!

PartOfYourWorld

Wow, all the stuff you got there for everyone is AMAZING! Love the tote bag you are going to have everyone sign! Such a great idea!!!!

You are going to have a great time on the cruise! Bet you can't believe that you came from 400 days to like 100 now huh?? Time flies!!!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Wow, all the stuff you got there for everyone is AMAZING! Love the tote bag you are going to have everyone sign! Such a great idea!!!!

You are going to have a great time on the cruise! Bet you can't believe that you came from 400 days to like 100 now huh?? Time flies!!!!
Thanks! I can't wait to see the bag after everyone signs it! I really can't believe it is only 129 days!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I was just messing around on MDE and was able to schedule Akershus at 8:00am on our Epcot day. Not sure if we will keep it, but we have never entered Epcot early. I'll have to check with the rest of the group closer to time and decide for sure.

On a more depressing note, it is looking more and more like Brian will not get to go with us.:( He goes to Columbus for the next part of the interview process on March 14. The guy who was doing his background check told him they were holding one of the 40 spots for him, and he couldn't imagine what would keep Brian from being offered the position. So, while I am thrilled that he may get his dream job, I'm bummed that he will miss our dream trip!!

stevehousse

I was just messing around on MDE and was able to schedule Akershus at 8:00am on our Epcot day. Not sure if we will keep it, but we have never entered Epcot early. I'll have to check with the rest of the group closer to time and decide for sure.

On a more depressing note, it is looking more and more like Brian will not get to go with us.:( He goes to Columbus for the next part of the interview process on March 14. The guy who was doing his background check told him they were holding one of the 40 spots for him, and he couldn't imagine what would keep Brian from being offered the position. So, while I am thrilled that he may get his dream job, I'm bummed that he will miss our dream trip!!
So sad to hear your DH might not get to go on vacation! How devastating! I am glad that he is getting this job though, that's really awesome! I was in a similar situation last year.

I was let go from my job 1 month before we were headed down to wdw. I was devistated but was extremely lucky to somehow land a job 2 weeks later doing exactly what I was doing before with a new company! But that meant I would have to travel out of state and miss my vacation for training!!!

I was so upset, because I am the Disney nut in my family and the thought of not getting to go made me so mad, but at the end of the day, getting a job is more important than anything so I could support my family. We ended up doing a "makeup" vacation later in the year so it was all good!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So sad to hear your DH might not get to go on vacation! How devastating! I am glad that he is getting this job though, that's really awesome! I was in a similar situation last year.

I was let go from my job 1 month before we were headed down to wdw. I was devistated but was extremely lucky to somehow land a job 2 weeks later doing exactly what I was doing before with a new company! But that meant I would have to travel out of state and miss my vacation for training!!!

I was so upset, because I am the Disney nut in my family and the thought of not getting to go made me so mad, but at the end of the day, getting a job is more important than anything so I could support my family. We ended up doing a "makeup" vacation later in the year so it was all good!
So glad things worked out so well for you! I'm already thinking about the "make-up" vacation for sure!! I'm thinking that we may have to try Disneyland since he will have a much larger income with this new job! We will see.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
:D:D:D:arghh::arghh::arghh::cry::cry::cry:!!! Brian had his final interview today and has been conditionally appointed to the Columbus Fire Academy. He just has to pass his physical exam and stress test. The academy starts on June 9, and we got definitive confirmation that he will be unable to attend any part of our trip! I'm waiting as long as possible to cancel him off our reservations, but I know it is just putting off the inevitable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom