My Disneyland Vlogs

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
LOL at being embarrassed to ask the CM for the front row on Heimlichs but where the hell is the macaroon?

I agree with you on Mission Breakout. The drops don't have the same punch they had on TOT. I'm not sure if that's really the case or it just feels that way because of the loss of the build up that TOT had. It seems that there is not one drop that goes the entire distance as the TOT finale did. When I first heard about the randomized drop sequences, I thought that for sure that would be a silver lining of the overlay and an upgrade from TOT. However, I actually found MB less thrilling. Fun and bouncy but lacks that punch.

It reminded me of The Simpsons ride, where they just repainted everything and put The Simpsons on the TV screens instead of Doc, but it was all the same setup as Back to the Future. It didn't feel that cheap or offensive, but it still felt kinda cheapy. I also had no idea what was going on. You go up the elevator shaft and see random scenes of Marvel characters dancing around or something, then drop. Line moved pretty fast in there, though, which was surprising.

mickEblu

The clock is ticking on classic The Haunted Mansion. My few subscribers are unsubscribing. Ratings are plummeting. Fantasmic has destroyed the charming nighttime atmosphere surrounding my favorite attraction. We're maintaining speed and heading, but that iceberg looms in the distance.

You just earned yourself a 14th subscriber my friend. I even had to reset my YouTube password as I had no clue what it was. Your vlogs are a nice mix of weird and laugh out loud moments.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
Thanks! Wow. 14 whole people subscribed to a guy who watches Titanic naked and stares at a tulip lamp in a spook house ride.

I received good news this week. Well, it's bad news. It's terrible news. Yes, I'm certain it's in fact not good. Anyway, the news is that Mansion goes down the 28th, meaning we have six more weekends with it. I guess I considered this "good" news in my brain because that's pretty late for classic Mansion to be going down for that wretched trash garbage day version. Last year, it closed on like the 22nd or something even more ridiculous and I couldn't make the final days of operation. At least we get it a little bit longer this year.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
I'll make future episodes more Mansion-centric. There have been too many distractions. It needs to be strictly Mansion, in my opinion. It was when it shut down numerous times during one of my visits and I was wandering the park like a depressed Christopher Reeve at the end of Somewhere in Time (complete with sitting alone on a bench next to overflowing trash cans) desperately seeking entertainment, riding Pirates and Snow White and getting drawn like a French girl. That was when we started to shift away from the original intent of the vlog and I'm not too pleased with it.

disneygeek90

How long does the nightmare HM theme last? I've never seen it... and am actually looking forward to seeing it for the first time this year.

disneygeek90

I will be there right after Halloween. Yeah, that's quite a long time, I can see how that would get tiring for locals. I am excited to see it when I go, though.

mickEblu

I'll make future episodes more Mansion-centric. There have been too many distractions. It needs to be strictly Mansion, in my opinion. It was when it shut down numerous times during one of my visits and I was wandering the park like a depressed Christopher Reeve at the end of Somewhere in Time (complete with sitting alone on a bench next to overflowing trash cans) desperately seeking entertainment, riding Pirates and Snow White and getting drawn like a French girl. That was when we started to shift away from the original intent of the vlog and I'm not too pleased with it.

No there needs to be variety. Just Mansion gets boring.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Nightmare Mansion goes on for waaaaaaayyy too long. Especially considering its a "christmas" overlay.

Also, last Sunday I had gotten off Buzz around 8:40 and decided to book it across the park before fireworks and rest in the quiet comfort of Haunted Mansion when -- ZOMG!?!?! FANTASMIC TRAFFIC!!! I totally forgot about it and snow-plowed my way to Mansion before the show began. Thank goodness for the back way connector between Haunted and Pirates.

mickEblu

Nightmare Mansion goes on for waaaaaaayyy too long. Especially considering its a "christmas" overlay.

Also, last Sunday I had gotten off Buzz around 8:40 and decided to book it across the park before fireworks and rest in the quiet comfort of Haunted Mansion when -- ZOMG!?!?! FANTASMIC TRAFFIC!!! I totally forgot about it and snow-plowed my way to Mansion before the show began. Thank goodness for the back way connector between Haunted and Pirates.

Maybe one sweet day, Toontown won't be a dead end and we will be able to circumnavigate all the way around the park to get to NOS / Critter Country.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
As brutal as it gets during the day, I think I'll have to start doing these on Saturdays in the daytime. Fantasmic makes it impossible to enjoy the ambiance of NOS in the evening or even late afternoon.

Phroobar

Too bad they can't close NBC Mansion on Dec 27th for a month and do a full refurbishment of the ride instead of just taking stuff down and leaving the place a mess.

Axoman

I know you hate it, but any chance you could do a vlog of the Haunted Mansion after it's decorated up for Nightmare Before Christmas?

I'd really like to see those luminaire candles they put around the outside up close if possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom