My Disneyland Vlogs

mickEblu

Facts.

Pirates is my favorite, and I was completely disappointed with the lack of offerings in the park for its big anniversary. I feel like they did more for the Tiki Room.

Hopefully Mansion gets the attention it deserves.

Right! I swear I was prepared to spend at least a So Cal AP Pass worth of loot on some good merch.

Instead not a penny.

mickEblu

For the Mansion's 50th will we be getting the long rumored Eddie Murphy AA in the hallway of doors?

The Haunted Mansion movie flopping = the greatest win of all time for Disneyland fans.

Country Bears flopping ... not so good.

EDIT: well maybe it's not so bad because we would have lost Toad instead.

Phroobar

The Haunted Mansion movie flopping = the greatest win of all time for Disneyland fans.

Country Bears flopping ... not so good.

EDIT: well maybe it's not so bad because we would have lost Toad instead.
Meh, the Country Bears were already torn out when that movie opened. So much for corporate synergy.

Phroobar

Really? I wasn't into the parks during that period.
Yeah, the Bears closed in September 2001. The movie came out July 2002 and Pooh opened in 2003. Originally Pooh was designed as an indoor/outdoor boat ride in the mid '90s. However management could never find a space big enough for the ride. They were looking at putting it in Fantasyland but because park managers thought it was going to be super popular they needed a space with a large queue. Since the Country Bears played mostly to empty audiences, they put the ride there with space for a large queue. Problem is the ride failed to attract guests. It had a lower guest capacity compared to other Fantasyland rides but rarely has a wait of more than 15 minutes. It is generally considered the worst of the five Pooh rides built.

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
The movie was the turning point where Disney stopped getting HM. They portrayed the caretaker and his dog as ghosts in that movie, for crying out loud. On top of that, they introduced HMH and changed the attic scene around, neither of which remotely mesh with classic HM. We've been on a downward spiral since with a part-time HM and Ghost Host ball caps. These are dark times.

mickEblu

Yeah, the Bears closed in September 2001. The movie came out July 2002 and Pooh opened in 2003. Originally Pooh was designed as an indoor/outdoor boat ride in the mid '90s. However management could never find a space big enough for the ride. They were looking at putting it in Fantasyland but because park managers thought it was going to be super popular they needed a space with a large queue. Since the Country Bears played mostly to empty audiences, they put the ride there with space for a large queue. Problem is the ride failed to attract guests. It had a lower guest capacity compared to other Fantasyland rides but rarely has a wait of more than 15 minutes. It is generally considered the worst of the five Pooh rides built.

Dammit. An indoor/ outdoor boat ride would have been awesome. But then again, if built in the Pressler era, would it have been more awesome?

mickEblu

The movie was the turning point where Disney stopped getting HM. They portrayed the caretaker and his dog as ghosts in that movie, for crying out loud. On top of that, they introduced HMH and changed the attic scene around, neither of which remotely mesh with classic HM. We've been on a downward spiral since with a part-time HM and Ghost Host ball caps. These are dark times.

Not a compete downward spiral. There was that ghost fruit effect. And the hat box ghost.

Curious Constance

The only scary elements of the HM were the additional heads popping up in the attic before Bridget Jones moved in. I prefer it chintzy and charming, not any scarier than that.

Hopefully they release a new Ghost Host hat.

How many of your fans have sent you Ghost Host hats thinking you really do love them?

mickEblu

Nobody loves me. If I was loved would I spend all my time going in and of The Haunted Mansion alone talking about Titanic?

Stop it with the pity party, i think many of us here would be happy to meet you at the parks. As long as we don't have to ride HM 35 times in a row

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom