My Disney Experience question

hull327

Original Poster
Booked a trip this December with my family of 4 along with the grandparents. We both have Disney accounts online that we can log into MDE and we linked our reservations, or at least we think we did. When I log in I can see myself, my wife, my two kids and the grandmother but not the grandfather. When the grandmother logs into her MDE page she only sees me but not herself or the grandfather. Are we doing something wrong here?

Rob562

Booked a trip this December with my family of 4 along with the grandparents. We both have Disney accounts online that we can log into MDE and we linked our reservations, or at least we think we did. When I log in I can see myself, my wife, my two kids and the grandmother but not the grandfather. When the grandmother logs into her MDE page she only sees me but not herself or the grandfather. Are we doing something wrong here?

Based on your description, I'm presuming that you have two MDE accounts, one with a primary person and three "managed by them" profiles, and the other with a primary person and one "managed by them" profile.

Each of you will have to add the others' managed-by-them profiles as Friends before you're fully connected. Simply becoming friends with the primary account person is not enough.

The fastest way is to go into your Friends and Family list. Click "Add a new Guest". Select "Add via Mutual Friend". Select the other primary person's name, and then you'll be able to choose the sub-profiles from their account. Repeat this for each additional profile on both accounts.

Also note that you have to have your friend list as "visible" in the privacy settings.

Your reservations may also not be linked properly. Once you're fully linked as friends, you should be able to go into the reservation and make sure people are linked to them properly.

Last bit of advice: I'd highly suggest doing all this via the MDE website rather than the phone app. I found just last night when I added two additional Guests to our DVC reservation that the website gave me the notification that I had to link the new Guests' profiles when the phone app didn't say anything.

-Rob

hull327

Original Poster
My travel agent called WDW and got this worked out. I don't know what they did but they got it sorted out. Now I can see my entire party's reservations at the hotel, their park tickets, we now all have avatars next to our names, etc.

actaeonus

Before I get flamed here- I am tech savvy and Disney savvy. Been going regularly for 15 years, annual passholder and DVC Member for just about as long. I make two trips per year minimum, staying with cash and staying with DVC. My last trip was October 2013. All was well. Until MDE and Magic Bands.

I have booked three rooms for a trip in June 2014 (months ago) and MDE has been nothing short of a disaster. Reservations appear and disappear. I have tried to resolve this issue by phone and internet for several weeks; have spoken with 'tech support' multiple times who claim the issue is solved- but I still cannot link dining and show tickets to my account- and more than once hotel and dining reservations have 'disappeared'- even though deposits were charged.

I am very frustrated. I have lost so many hours trying to make this trip 'magic' for my family and I don't even know if we actually have tickets and dining/show reservations.

Tonight alone, I was on hold for three hours- transferred from place to place- each not sure about what I have and don't have.

Anyone with advice?

asialeigh

We're both reservations booked under your name? That could have been the problem if your grandmother's name was missing.

jpittore1

I had to call tech support and have them link/port the two accounts together and then use only one MDE account. We had two because of ADRs being under one email and we are DVR members with a different e-mail associated with our membership. it took over an hour, but tech could link/port the accounts into one

Mammymouse

Before I get flamed here- I am tech savvy and Disney savvy. Been going regularly for 15 years, annual passholder and DVC Member for just about as long. I make two trips per year minimum, staying with cash and staying with DVC. My last trip was October 2013. All was well. Until MDE and Magic Bands.

I have booked three rooms for a trip in June 2014 (months ago) and MDE has been nothing short of a disaster. Reservations appear and disappear. I have tried to resolve this issue by phone and internet for several weeks; have spoken with 'tech support' multiple times who claim the issue is solved- but I still cannot link dining and show tickets to my account- and more than once hotel and dining reservations have 'disappeared'- even though deposits were charged.

I am very frustrated. I have lost so many hours trying to make this trip 'magic' for my family and I don't even know if we actually have tickets and dining/show reservations.

Tonight alone, I was on hold for three hours- transferred from place to place- each not sure about what I have and don't have.

Anyone with advice?
I have a similar situation. I must admit I am not the most tech savvy (age 65), but I do use an iphone and computer for personal and to run our commercial rentals, and if I get stuck one of my 30 something kids help me out. We have been DVC since 1997 and Fl resident Annual passholders for 9 years. Living 90 minutes driving distance from WDW we go frequently for a weekend or 3 days, whenever we have the opportunity.

First I'd like to say (as I have posted before) I think there is something different going on with booking rooms the last 2 years. I am having a hard time getting a DVC reservation at any resort last minute (within 2 weeks of visit), which is generally how I have always booked for the last 15 years. I couldn't always get where I wanted, but that is ok, I just want to stay at WDW. But oddly I have not been able to stay at Boardwalk, which is my original home resort, in 3 years. Some say it is just because there are more guests, and others that it was an annual pass special offer for DVCers that brought them to WDW instead of other places. I'm thinking that can't be the total answer because there are 2 more new DVC resorts just built on property recently. Maybe it has something to do with the new relationship with RCI ? I don't know, but it is very frustrating.

My experience with MM+ hasn't been good either. I am upset that Disney did this program to begin with ( I will spare you the rant here) because the old system worked just fine for us. But it is the law of the land so to speak, so I decided not to resist it anymore and keep an open mind last visit, May 9 - 11. I tried to link my Hubby's and granddaughter's (age 9) band to our account so I could book some fastpasses, but it wouldn't work. After numerous tries I was able to get Hubby's AP linked but not Hers. Finally I called and the Tech told me because she was listed under my daughters account I would have to add her as an invited guest. I followed his instructions 3 different times and it just wouldn't work. I kept getting the confirmation e-mail but when I tried to do fastpass it kept saying no valid annual pass. I finally gave up and later was checking my e-mails, and surprisingly I was allowed to book it on my phone. Then I went online and was able to do fastpasses for us all.
Next problem was each Park we visited , at entry the band would not work for her. The tech's would work on it - deleting and adding her, for about 15 minutes and say they fixed it, but I should keep her annual pass card handy. No luck. And it was the same scenario at fastpass entry. So that's what we used - her card - not her band.

Another issue is the bands would not open the hotel room door. I took at least 20 minutes of us holding it up, down, sideways, unsnapping the band, and each of the 3 bands would not work. I have used them previously so I knew how to do it. Finally my last try one worked. Again very frustrating. I did not want to load back up the luggage in our vehicle and go back to the Lobby at Saratoga Springs to get this resolved.

Since last September we have stayed 5 times (weekends) and each time we get new magic bans issued. Now I have 14 associated with my account. I don't feel confident that if I delete them that it will go smoothly and goof up my next visit.

And there is no way in the world that I will ever be adding a credit card to the band. I still do not like the bands and can't envision that ever changing. The band is hot even on a cool day and my arm sweats even not having it tight. I don't like having to book every minute of my stay - IT IS VACATION!! So when it doesn't work right all it does is get everyone exasperated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom