1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

My Disney Experience Mobile Order for restaurants now live

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by wdwmagic, May 15, 2017.

1. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

2. Biff215

Biff215 Well-Known Member

At AK quick service locations, I assume you'd still have to go to the regular line to use TiW? Any word on whether Satu'li will accept the discount, or if quick service discounts will go away park-wide now?

3. jaques21

jaques21 Active Member

if this is true then im going to love it! roll out to every restaurant NOW!!!:hilarious:

Weather_Lady likes this.
  4. lnsemsf

lnsemsf Well-Known Member

Will it apply Passholder discounts?

5. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings -- I LOVE this idea, but I'm afraid Disney will screw it up, like pre-ordering online at Be Our Guest, which has never, ever worked properly when we've tried it. We preorder as instructed, we stand in line only to find out that our orders were "lost," and then have to stand in line to order again -- not only has it never saved us time and stress, it's added more time and stress!

6. breesus

breesus New Member

I wonder why it has taken Disney so long to get this done? Lots of businesses have done this with much smaller budgets. There are a few things that are pushing this trend. One, people want things fast and want to waste as little time as possible acquiring it. Second, millennials always have their faces in a device of some sort. Not only does this make them a target for usage, but that same behavior has made them less inclined to be prepared to handle customer service in face to face situations. The next step after the app will be self serve kiosk. As a owner of several different franchise concepts I am all for it. For years, I never did self check out at large big box stores or self serve kiosk. I wanted to speak to a human. Six registers required 6 jobs not one person covering six like a self check out, but as my ability to hire or train customer service oriented employees became more difficult, I started to get on board with it. Now I will say that would have no problem if some how this trend could be reversed.

7. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

I like this concept and wish we can do it for all counter service restaurants. Plus be able to apply and discount or dining plan. I think things would run much smoother then having to wait in lines. The problem with people now is they do not decide what they want before they get in line. They have their heads in their phones or are chit chatting instead of figuring out what the family wants. Then when they finally get to the register they turn around and ask, "what do you want?" from their 6 year old. Or just don't know for themselves. I am completely OK with skipping that mess.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  8. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Same with us! We stopped with BOG for that reason!

Weather_Lady likes this.
  9. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Original Poster Administrator Moderator

10. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Well-Known Member

Interesting - we've pre-ordered probably 3 times over the years and it worked great each time.

11. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

I've read reviews that go both ways. Clearly it works sometimes and not others. We're 0-for-2 (and I know the issue wasn't on our end, as we completed everything through the "Thanks for Your Order!" screen, which confirmed that our order had been successfully submitted.) The most recent attempt was 6 months ago, meaning that even after a few years to get the kinks straightened out, there were still reliability issues with online ordering at Be Our Guest. I'm hoping the Avatarland version will fix the bugs, since it's service I'd love to make use of -- and be able to trust!

Kevin_W likes this.
  12. DreamalittleDisney

DreamalittleDisney Member

Need this to work with DPD too though

13. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Hopefully it is a whole other type of system that we're working with. Like you we have had zero luck with it at BOG but who knows, maybe next time (whenever that will be) we'll be lucky.

14. TyrantBossMedia

TyrantBossMedia Member

Very interesting. The question is, with the hundreds of people potentially using the app to order ahead of time and showing up around the same time to pick up their orders...how long will the wait be to get those orders? I have a feeling some bugs will have to worked out over time.

15. CJ @ Disney

CJ @ Disney New Member

16. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Original Poster Administrator Moderator

Thanks, it's fixed now.

CJ @ Disney likes this.