My Disney Experience app wait time shows a star, what does that mean?

mrtoad

Hello,

On some rides if I look at the app it will say something like 20 minutes, on others it just shows a star, what does that mean? Right now most show a star.

Thanks,
Mike

Rob562

A star means it either doesn't have current info (if you're seeing it for a major attraction that would definitely have a wait, you may need to refresh the app, scroll to the top and pull-down-and-release) or it's a minor attraction that typically doesn't have a wait at all or has regular showtimes that swallow up any built-up audience. Things like the interactive Pirates Adventure in Adventureland, Country Bears, Hall of Presidents will have a star.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Perhaps the star means there is no appreciable wait time. That, or it is the WDW equivalent of "Hell if I know." ;)

Are these attractions headliners or things for which you wouldn't expect much of a wait?

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
thanks both. i think just refreshing did it. some still have stars but nothing major. i have not looked at the app before and just trying to get ready. a little overwhelming the whole thing.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Gold Star = Super! Great Job!

... I couldn't find an official Disney glossary, so i'll guess with the rest, the ride has no wait time, or the system is unable to give you data at that time. Magic 8 Ball would tell you "ask again later"

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

A star is exactly what people have guessed above -- it means the attraction is open, and it is an attraction that rarely has an appreciable line and has continual loading and showtimes throughout the day...i.e. the Wedway...Carousel of Progress...Tom Sawyer's Island...Tiki Room...etc. It does not mean that they have no information, It means that information would be meaningless even if they had it.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

A star is exactly what people have guessed above -- it means the attraction is open, and it is an attraction that rarely has an appreciable line and has continual loading and showtimes throughout the day...i.e. the Wedway...Carousel of Progress...Tom Sawyer's Island...Tiki Room...etc. It does not mean that they have no information, It means that information would be meaningless even if they had it.

I'm going to question this now after looking more closely at the mobile application.

There are indeed rides showing 0min wait times, and the Stars only seem to appear on attractions that do not accept FP+, which shows up as tiny font next to the wait time if that ride has it.

Attachments

• aviary_1408581926841.jpg
    aviary_1408581926841.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom