my computer

• Thread starter Deleted member 111379
  • Start date

Jahona

Edit: So I missed understood the original comment. Are you running an SSD? Installing an SSD is probably the most noticeable upgrade you can do when it comes to speed. You can find fairly large ones at reasonable prices.

Without really knowing what your current computer specs are I can't really say what would be a good upgrade overall. More ram is always a good thing to an extent.

Try using a site like https://pcpartpicker.com/ to piece together a build. You can also browse other popular builds by price and components.

To be able to help the first thing to know is what the end use of the computer will be. Are you going to be browsing the internet and editing word documents, gaming, or video and photo editing? After that what is your top end budget?

D

Deleted member 111379

Original Poster
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 32-bit
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 59 °C
Windsor 90nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
NF-MCP61 (Socket M2 ) 40 °C
Graphics
E371VL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (PNY) 44 °C
Storage
232GB Western Digital WDC WD25 00AAKS-00VSA SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 37 °C
Optical Drives
LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

no ssd im just upgrading my parts using the same case

Jahona

So looking at what you have and from the list you gave it looks like you aren't wanting to spend to much. Your going to get an upgrade going with the parts you chose. Take notice that the motherboard may require some driver experimenting to get it to play nice with Windows 10.

Here is my recommendation that will get you with a more modern system. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/vFPRBP

This spends a few bucks more for the newest Intel Core i3. Overall benchmarks show better performance than the 4 year old FX6300.
Next the MSI B150M (Mortar) motherboard. It's decently reviewed out of all of the other budget M-atx boards on the market. Nothing in the reviews really stood out at me. It's Micro ATX so it should fit your current case. Ram prices are pretty low right now compared to when the FX6300 released. The same amount of DDR4 costs less than the DDR3 kit you listed. You can reuse your graphics card and get a bit of a boost from PCI-E 2.0 to PCI-E 3.0.

With either upgrade you go with you are going to need to upgrade your OS in order to take advantage of more than 3.5 gigs of ram. I've included an OEM copy of Windows 10 Home 64bit in the build link. If you use the features in the pro version then it's not to much more.

I hope this helps a bit. If you have any other questions let me know.

D

Deleted member 111379

Original Poster
I am just going too install windows 8 64 bit on the new build

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom