MVMCP - Is the Christmas party worth it?

mouse perspectives

Original Poster
ok WDW vets..... we're going in mid november. Probably will have 6 day tickets. Is there enough value in the Christmas party to make it worth the $80 cost?

Mukta

I wasn't a fan of the party, but I have access to most of the party things here at DL as part of the regular admission.

If you like Xmas and you like the MK, it is a nice night there with a special parade, fireworks, 'snow' on Main St., character meet and greets and hot chocolate and cookies.

JWG

I didn't think so. It's a lot to pay for a special parade and hot cocoa and cookies. I didn't think the special fireworks were better than Wishes.
Also, the crowds were nuts. I joked that we were paying for the true Christmas experience - including crowds.

Sandurz

I didn't think so. It's a lot to pay for a special parade and hot cocoa and cookies. I didn't think the special fireworks were better than Wishes.
Also, the crowds were nuts. I joked that we were paying for the true Christmas experience - including crowds.

How close to Christmas was your party night? And just crowds out and about? Or on attractions as well?

Lynn Stephens

I have tickets for my first MVMCP in November. I am most looking forward to a less populated park, going to try to do all attractions in a day.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its something to do once and move on. IMHO theres only so many sugar cookies and hot chocolate you can drink, surely not 88 dollars worth. The Christmas parade doesnt have many unique elements; just Santa, the roller-ski folks and the toy soldiers. You would have more fun at the Gaylord's ICE spectacular for much less.

The Tuna

I went once and I am going back. Not sure if I would do it again based on price alone. loved every other aspect of it but unless it changes this will be my second and last go around. Again only because of the price for 4 people.

Disnee4Me

Don't go until 4pm and you have an 8hr day in MK for less than a normal one day ticket, plus the bonus of everything MVMCP brings to the table. That is value in itself.
Didn't realize when we did this in 2007 that we could have gone to the parks at 4 instead of 7-1. Also didn't see the cookies and hot chocolate (must have been half asleep as we had driven down the day before from CT and were still recovering from our drive/lack of sleep...LOL)

Disnee4Me

ok WDW vets..... we're going in mid november. Probably will have 6 day tickets. Is there enough value in the Christmas party to make it worth the $80 cost?
Wow $80. I think it was only $50 or $60 when we did it in 2007. It was our first time being in the world for Christmas (we had done NYE before) so it was worth it just to get immersed in the whole Disney/Christmas spirit.

JIMINYCR

Yes, I thought it was worth it, ( but I give MNSSHP a better like ) even if you bypass the hot chocolate & cookies.... the park time and extra ride time you get, along with the festive atmosphere made the night enjoyable. I'm going back to enjoy it again this year.

JWG

How close to Christmas was your party night? And just crowds out and about? Or on attractions as well?

We went in 2012 and it was the first two weeks in December (can't remember exact date but it was pre-crowds). We did MNSSHP (halloween party) in 2014 and it was spectacular. Really liked it far more than the Christmas Party. Lines were long and crowds big for most things (rides, parades, castle show, etc.). Could have been our night - I think it was a Sunday.

4disneylovers

Did it once (2007 also). Was satisfied and glad I did it once. It is what you make of it. Our friends spent all night in line for characters while we spent time with elderly great grandparents who met us that night only doing shows and parades. Others choose to ride rides with short lines. I think crowd level depends On how close to Christmas you get. I would do it at least once.

Minnesota disney fan

Depends on what you want. We don't care for the parades or fireworks. Seen them many times. Not interested in meet and greets. We live in N.Minnesota, so fake snow does not impress us. I think it's too much money for us just for cookies and hot choc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom