Must do rides for 9 year old boys at each park

kniquy

Original Poster
For those of you who have boys around the age of 9 -- what rides or attractions at each park are a must do. I want to make sure i prioritize our fastpass slections for rides that i know my boys would be excited to do. Especially at magic kingdom because there are so many more rides there. We will be spending 2 days at MK, 1 at Epcot, 1 at HS and 1 at AK. I am hoping to be able to hit HS an extra evening to catch the rides we didn't get to.

Please share your input!! TIA

CAPTAIN HOOK

IMO, as long as they meet the height restrictions -

AK - EE, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur
EPCOT - Test Track, Soarin',
DHS - R'n'R', ToT, Toy Story Mania
MK - Astro Orbitor, BTMRR, SM (Space & Splash), HM, PotC, 7DMT, Tomorrowland Speedway

FettFan

Epcot - The Sum of All Thrills. Build and ride your own virtual roller coaster controlled by a KUKA arm.
472x472

It's in Innoventions East, tucked away behind the Electric Umbrella, so the waits aren't terrible. It's generally bypassed by folks who don't realize it's there and are in a mad dash for Test Track or Soarin'.

plutofan15

My son is 9 so I'll let you know his favorite rides in each park. Our annual trip at the end of January will be his 9th so he has some strong opinions.:)

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Tomorrowland Transit Authority.

Epcot: Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Living With the Land and Turtle Talk

Hollywood Studios: Star Tours, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Indiana Jones Stunt Show and Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom: Everest (number one overall), Kilimanjaro Safari and Tough to be a Bug

kniquy

Original Poster
Thank you all for the info!!! I think i did pretty well with the FP selections that i made. I think they would love that sum of all thrills and I probably wouldn't have though of going there -- glad you mentioned it :)

doctornick

Epcot - The Sum of All Thrills. Build and ride your own virtual roller coaster controlled by a KUKA arm.
472x472

It's in Innoventions East, tucked away behind the Electric Umbrella, so the waits aren't terrible. It's generally bypassed by folks who don't realize it's there and are in a mad dash for Test Track or Soarin'.

Yeah, I was going to add Sum of All Thrills, so I'm glad someone mentioned it. It is a great ride for someone in that age range. I took my niece and nephew (ages 9 and 11) on it earlier this year and it was one of their favorite rides. A hidden gem.

I'll also add that 9 yo is probably in the wheelhouse for getting the most out of DisneyQuest. If you had tickets that included it or passes for it, it is not a bad option to check out.

Also, if he is into Star Wars, you might want to consider Jedi Training at DHS.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
For those of you who have boys around the age of 9 -- what rides or attractions at each park are a must do. I want to make sure i prioritize our fastpass slections for rides that i know my boys would be excited to do. Especially at magic kingdom because there are so many more rides there. We will be spending 2 days at MK, 1 at Epcot, 1 at HS and 1 at AK. I am hoping to be able to hit HS an extra evening to catch the rides we didn't get to.

Please share your input!! TIA
Any that he meets the height requirement for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom