1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Must be getting old or I just don't understand the youth today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jedi Stitch, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

Enjoy it now - you'll soon know so much less than she does...;)

Jedi Stitch likes this.
  2. Jim S

Jim S Active Member

When I compare generations I think of the Greatest Generation-most of those men hitting the beaches at Normandy were 19 to 22 years old. The two soldiers that on their crude radar screens saw the Japanese planes descending on Pearl Harbor were 19 and 22 years old respectively. I cringe when I hear about this generation needing "safe spaces" so as not to hear something that may be offensive to them. I would say there are big differences between generations. My only wish is that I could have been a part of the "Greatest Generation". Sorry I was born too late. My generation (and I am old) can't hold a candle to that generation.

3. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

Well, my two cents here -- from reading the above, I think that (whatever generation) you were born into, you're obviously insightful and compassionate--and turned out just fine.

As for the "Greatest Generation", certainly, the brave soldiers at Normandy earned our respect. I'd like to mention here, that I keep up with the news, and I have heard reports of brave soldiers currently serving our country now, who are stationed overseas. They'll also be written about in history books in years to come, just like their predecessors. All generations have produced a combination of people with varying degrees of character and abilities.

(P.S.: I had to smile about your comment regarding "safe spaces" for "some" people nowadays. I have to agree on that one, but I also try to look at the bigger picture which is this. IMO, the people, even in that category, may have some other valuable attributes--that maybe they'll share with the world someday.) I never lose hope, because life often will surprise us, when we least expect it. ;)

ajrwdwgirl and lilclerk like this.
  4. Driver

Driver Active Member

God Bless our troops

MinnieM123 likes this.
  5. FutureCEO

FutureCEO Well-Known Member

It all started with.....every child gets a trophy.

prberk, Jim S and Driver like this.
  6. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's when the Roman Empire finally collapsed, and the British Empire fell - when they started handing out participation trophies.

Nemo14 likes this.
  7. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

Actually it was when Disney handed out refrigerator magnet type rubber participation medals for participating in the 5K events. It all just went in the crapper after that.:bawling: