Muppet-Vision 3D Closing???

TP2000

You're being very kind @GiveMeTheMusic

I'll just rip the Band-Aid off for some folks... MuppetVision is gone. It's not coming back. It was replaced by a Frozen show that is infinitely more popular than MuppetVision ever was, or ever could be. No good executive decision-maker worth their MBA would ever bring back MuppetVision under those circumstances.

MuppetVision is closed, for good.

deix15x8

I've always enjoyed seeing it in WDW. It's certainly not the best thing they've got, but I've always loved The Muppets. With a new series coming to ABC this fall it'll be interesting to see how popular it is. That'll likely determine the future of the franchise in the parks more than anything. Disney loves promoting their own products and starting this Fall The Muppets are a part of their prime time product.

UofMGuy423

Anything new on this? That stupid Frozen sing-a-long was supposed to wrap on May 15th, but I imagine it's still there. Was hoping the Muppets might return given their show on ABC this Fall.

Brer Panther

Anything new on this? That stupid Frozen sing-a-long was supposed to wrap on May 15th, but I imagine it's still there. Was hoping the Muppets might return given their show on ABC this Fall.

To be honest, I think @TP2000 said it best...

I'll just rip the Band-Aid off for some folks... MuppetVision is gone. It's not coming back. It was replaced by a Frozen show that is infinitely more popular than MuppetVision ever was, or ever could be. No good executive decision-maker worth their MBA would ever bring back MuppetVision under those circumstances.

MuppetVision is closed, for good.

TP2000

Frozen Sing-A-Long is still there and still packing them in. It's doing way more business than MuppetVision ever did, and thus the Muppets won't be back. I imagine that new TV show will go straight to the same place all the recent Muppet movies have gone, into the tank.

I've lost track of how many times Disney has "re-launched" the Muppets in the last 15 years to a collective yawn from American audiences. Four times now? Five times?

I used to love watching The Muppet Show on TV in the late 70's, but I can't bear another "re-launch".

UofMGuy423

Frozen Sing-A-Long is still there and still packing them in. It's doing way more business than MuppetVision ever did, and thus the Muppets won't be back. I imagine that new TV show will go straight to the same place all the recent Muppet movies have gone, into the tank.

I've lost track of how many times Disney has "re-launched" the Muppets in the last 15 years to a collective yawn from American audiences. Four times now? Five times?

I used to love watching The Muppet Show on TV in the late 70's, but I can't bear another "re-launch".

I hear ya, I just can't stand the idea of a Frozen sing-along attraction when I'm there in 2016.

TP2000

If they were gonna replace MuppetVision, couldn't they have replaced it with something GOOD?

I'm afraid the crowds packing into every Frozen performance in that 450 seat theater would disagree with you.

It's not my scene either, but anyone can see that Frozen Sing-Along is wildly popular. And infinitely more popular than MuppetVision ever was.

TP2000

I'm sure Superstar Limo would've been popular if it had "Frozen" in its name, too.

Of course. If you had a dark ride about Frozen it would be wildly popular, just as the stage show is. But Frozen didn't exist in 2001, so they did Superstar Limo instead. Then closed it quickly and replaced it with Monsters Inc. by 2005.

Phroobar

I looked up the Frozen Sing Along show and found out there are five shows today. I've never seen people recently lined up for that show especially during the Mad T Party. It is still packed? Do they still give out fast passes for it?

GiveMeTheMusic

I looked up the Frozen Sing Along show and found out there are five shows today. I've never seen people recently lined up for that show especially during the Mad T Party. It is still packed? Do they still give out fast passes for it?

I haven't seen the show, but last time I walked by they still had Fastpass machines out.

George Lucas on a Bench

I honestly thought the first (and only) time I saw this show and experienced the Frozen segments of the various entertainment that all the cheers and screams were fake. Disney has done it before when they used pre-recorded audio to fake audience interaction in Alien Encounter and Muppet*Vision itself. But this is real. Like, it's a phenomenon. It's ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom