Muppet*Vision 3D closed for refurbishment 15th August 2016 - 22nd August 2016

djlaosc

Original Poster
According to The Dibb, Muppet*Vision 3D will be closed 15th August - 22nd August 2016, reopening 23rd August.

Any one have any idea what is being done?

Cmdr_Crimson

And a re-do (or removal) of that horrid CGI creature.

Well, you have to understand that this was Henson's first CGI Puppet originally created under PDI the animation studio that created all of the Dreamworks films and this was their first work. Waldo was introduced on The Jim Henson Hour way before Muppet*Vision was even created...

After which Henson Studios have created their own CG puppet system that they use today for shows like Sid the Science kid and more...

DarthMileZ

Something tells me muppets will soon fade into extinction after the recent axe of the muppets show.

i expect this to go completely and change to something else...

Good Dinosaur or Zootopia would be a good shout.

FigmentJedi

Something tells me muppets will soon fade into extinction after the recent axe of the muppets show.

i expect this to go completely and change to something else...

Good Dinosaur or Zootopia would be a good shout.
If it was being replaced, it'd take a lot more time then a week long closure. Not to mention the Muppet restaurant retheme.

Plus Good Dinosaur was a megaflop, that's not gonna get a damn thing in the parks. And Zootopia's a more likely candidate for Animal Kingdom expansion.

DarthMileZ

If it was being replaced, it'd take a lot more time then a week long closure. Not to mention the Muppet restaurant retheme.

Plus Good Dinosaur was a megaflop, that's not gonna get a damn thing in the parks. And Zootopia's a more likely candidate for Animal Kingdom expansion.

Apologies, i didnt mean the week closure would be the end, but it is coming for sure. its just not relevant to kids anymore. theres no real buzz over that show and i can see why they axed it.

I didn't realise TGD was a flop, such a shame as i really enjoyed that film.

What else could replace it? where is it in relation to SWL and TSL

Rteetz

Apologies, i didnt mean the week closure would be the end, but it is coming for sure. its just not relevant to kids anymore. theres no real buzz over that show and i can see why they axed it.

I didn't realise TGD was a flop, such a shame as i really enjoyed that film.

What else could replace it? where is it in relation to SWL and TSL
Closer to SWL than TSL. They would have to retheme the entire area to get rid of muppets.

DarthMileZ

Closer to SWL than TSL. They would have to retheme the entire area to get rid of muppets.

true but its not exactly a massive area. they would have to retheme the attraction and remove the fountain.

OR they could just leave the fountain in all fairness.

FigmentJedi

By that logic, we should rip out all of Frontierland because nobody likes Westerns anymore. Or turn Cinderella Castle into Elsa's castle. Or backpedal on Avatarland and come up with a new theme.
Wait, I actually want that last one...

DarthMileZ

I am just so confused in why they would invest so much money into Muppets attractions but axe the show. Disney is weird right now

FigmentJedi

I am just so confused in why they would invest so much money into Muppets attractions but axe the show. Disney is weird right now
They're also axing the Marvel ABC shows. Agent Carter's cancelled and Agents of Shield is getting a death slot at 10 PM.

Disney just has these problems trying to figure out what to do with the Muppets and the retooling the new show got midway through that actually made it pretty good apparently ended up being too little too late.

SteamboatJoe

Didn't realise Marvel's shows got axed

Muppets would better if they structured it like Jimmy Fallon

A Muppet show with an actual late night talk show format (not the fake one they used in the failed series) I think would be a brilliant move as long as it was anchored by Kermit and slotted in a good prime time block. It would allow them to revive the zany acts of the old Muppet Show and get a lot of celebrity guests to serve as draws while still being in a format that is relatable to today's viewer.

ChrisM

Well, you have to understand that this was Henson's first CGI Puppet originally created under PDI the animation studio that created all of the Dreamworks films and this was their first work. Waldo was introduced on The Jim Henson Hour way before Muppet*Vision was even created...

After which Henson Studios have created their own CG puppet system that they use today for shows like Sid the Science kid and more...

Oh, I completely understand.

And it's terrible now.

FullSailDan

I wouldn't really use TV as the best gauge of good and bad. With so many options on all platforms, great shows are getting axed. I really do think Muppets are more timeless. Has touched multiple generations.
I wish I could agree... I understand the draw of it and respect it, but myself and many others in the 25 - 35 age range just have no interest in the IP really. I think it gets worse as you go younger. Even sesame street has lost its audience to a wave of newer generations. Muppets was just a bad buy for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom