Multiple reservations...

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
Short version, I have two reservations both in my name for a week in April at two different resorts. Anyone ever had this? Just wondering if it'll cause any issues. I have an AP so I have a seperate band for ticket and I'm assuming it'll just give me bands to each room. Doubt I'll allow charging to either room. Otherwise I can't think of any issues but never had this before so lol anyone who has your input is appreciated

Rob562

I had a similar situation last year. We had a week in a 2-bedroom at Saratoga Springs. Two sets of friends were splitting the time in the 2nd bedroom (one for 4 nights, the other for 3 nights). Everyone was on the reservation, so to the reservation system it was as if all 6 of us were in the room the entire time.

The second set of friends decided to arrive two days early and just get a cheap room at one of the All-Stars. After thinking that there might be a problem with the system seeing someone in two separate rooms at the same time (because they'd both be linked to the same MDE profile) I called the MDE Help Desk, and the lady there confirmed that the system wouldn't like it, and there may be issues while the second set of friends were there.

Instead, they created a separate profile for the two nights at All-Stars using a work email address, and just lived with two separate MagicBands those first couple days (because they'd already linked their tickets to the profile that the SSR reservation was linked to, though they could've just used the physical ticket card if they wanted)

And I guess there's also the question of just why you have reservations at two different hotels... (If I were to hazard a guess, since you mention the AP, you are trying to use your AP to get a discount for friends on a room you won't be staying in?)

-Rob

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
I had a similar situation last year. We had a week in a 2-bedroom at Saratoga Springs. Two sets of friends were splitting the time in the 2nd bedroom (one for 4 nights, the other for 3 nights). Everyone was on the reservation, so to the reservation system it was as if all 6 of us were in the room the entire time.

The second set of friends decided to arrive two days early and just get a cheap room at one of the All-Stars. After thinking that there might be a problem with the system seeing someone in two separate rooms at the same time (because they'd both be linked to the same MDE profile) I called the MDE Help Desk, and the lady there confirmed that the system wouldn't like it, and there may be issues while the second set of friends were there.

Instead, they created a separate profile for the two nights at All-Stars using a work email address, and just lived with two separate MagicBands those first couple days (because they'd already linked their tickets to the profile that the SSR reservation was linked to, though they could've just used the physical ticket card if they wanted)

And I guess there's also the question of just why you have reservations at two different hotels... (If I were to hazard a guess, since you mention the AP, you are trying to use your AP to get a discount for friends on a room you won't be staying in?)

-Rob
Ugh it's a mess honestly. I have a room booked at FQ under my name which includes my sister and mother and I am booking a second room for myself and my gf granted I could just put it in her name but I'd still be attatched as a guest. My room at FQ is my military rate so I can't cancel that room so I figured I'd just let my family' take that one and I'll book another one elsewhere. Annoying. But like I said my ap is a completely diff magic band so that shouldn't have any effect and as for the room keys they'd be two seperate Magic bands as well so I can't see it being a huge ordeal. But same time I don't want it to end up being one

Rob562

Ugh it's a mess honestly. I have a room booked at FQ under my name which includes my sister and mother and I am booking a second room for myself and my gf granted I could just put it in her name but I'd still be attatched as a guest. My room at FQ is my military rate so I can't cancel that room so I figured I'd just let my family' take that one and I'll book another one elsewhere. Annoying. But like I said my ap is a completely diff magic band so that shouldn't have any effect and as for the room keys they'd be two seperate Magic bands as well so I can't see it being a huge ordeal. But same time I don't want it to end up being one

It has nothing to do with which MagicBands are associated with which hotel, but rather the My Disney Experience *profiles* that are associated with which reservations. When the MagicBand is issued to you, it's assigned to your profile. It doesn't refer specifically to one reservation or the other.

If you have two different reservations linked to the same profile for the same dates, it's quite likely that you will run into problems. Now the system *might* have been upgraded to allow more than one room at a time (after all my trip that I described earlier was 14 months ago), but you should probably call the MDE Help Desk to ask what they think. They may be able to move the "you" on the room that you *aren't* planning on staying in to a dummy profile copy to keep the two "you's" separate in the system, or they may have another solution.

I have two separate numbers in my phone for My Disney Experience. They may go to the same place, but give them a try: 407-939-4357 and 407-939-7765

-Rob

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

Original Poster
It has nothing to do with which MagicBands are associated with which hotel, but rather the My Disney Experience *profiles* that are associated with which reservations. When the MagicBand is issued to you, it's assigned to your profile. It doesn't refer specifically to one reservation or the other.

If you have two different reservations linked to the same profile for the same dates, it's quite likely that you will run into problems. Now the system *might* have been upgraded to allow ore than one room at a time (after all my trip that I described earlier was 14 months ago), but you should probably call the MDE Help Desk to ask when they think. They may be able to move the "you" on the room that you *aren't* planning on staying in to a dummy profile copy to keep the two "you's" separate in the system, or they may have another solution.

I have two separate numbers in my phone for My Disney Experience. They may go to the same place, but give them a try: 407-939-4357 and 407-939-7765

-Rob
Hmm well I did create a second profile just to be safe. I'll try calling them Monday

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom