Mulch Sweat & Shears end of run?

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I have to wonder if they'll be brought back for July 4th and NYE still. They've been playing the accompanying music live to the fireworks for I don't know how many years now.

I was actually just wondering the same thing, specifically about NYE. They were a large part of the countdown and fireworks. I wonder what DHS will do this year for NYE, especially if they don't bring back MSS.

note2001

While I hate layoffs as much as anyone here, these guys did experience a long run with quite a few highlights, and I'm sure they will have great memories. Here's hoping we see them about in other entertainment roles.

JIMINYCR

They are not going to be relocated...they will all have to re-apply for jobs at Disney if they wish to go somewhere else (there ARE other entertainment offerings on property with openings currently). Some of the band members are the nicest people you could ever meet, and although this is horrible..I have confidence they will all find a better gig at other places (just not with one another :x) .
I was one who always stopped to watch and be entertained. Wishing them luck in finding other things that they can be artistic with. Tough when you gell well together as a group and are then forced to go separate ways. Hope they each find individual success.

imagination30

I love live music. I don't pay nearly $100 a day to see cover bands however.

Star Wars land will far outweigh this loss. If any band serves as a replacement I hope it's the Cantina band.
Almost immediately. I don't get the fascination some fans have with cover bands but not sad to see this one go.
its just like a classic peice of disney history , just like Off kilter that was recently cut from epcot ... its just something you grown to love ..
and some poeple had a love hate relationship with both .. but it was part of the entertainment .. , and yes if you were a fan of music you loved both bands ... and are sad to see them go.. i would like to see them ( the fan and park goes ) do what they did for off kilter the day of there final show and have like thousand of people at the show! and wdw magic tape it!

YodaMan

I don't understand why they didn't move them to Future World....Not like there is not enough room for them.

Not sure I totally agree with that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they happen to turn up at Flower and Garden next year.

Last edited:

note2001

its just like a classic peice of disney history , just like Off kilter that was recently cut from epcot ... its just something you grown to love ..
and some poeple had a love hate relationship with both .. but it was part of the entertainment .. , and yes if you were a fan of music you loved both bands ... and are sad to see them go.. i would like to see them ( the fan and park goes ) do what they did for off kilter the day of there final show and have like thousand of people at the show! and wdw magic tape it!

At least MS&S is not being replaced by wanna-be-lumberjacks with bad jokes and the same show repeated every day. That was beyond insulting to the band and their fan base.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Let's also not forget about the parade and Disney Channel Rocks show, two major entertainment offerings at DHS that were closed in 2013 in anticipation of the "rumored Star Wars Land/expansion" at the time. Neither of those offerings have been replaced still to this day. Now MSS has been cut, along with the loss of many character meet and greets. Entertainment should be ADDED at a time like this, not cut.
And this is what I find odd. Given that so much of the park's area and attractions have been closed and are (or are going to be) behind construction walls, I'd have thought that movable entertainment would be exactly what they'd want to keep around during construction. MSS's performances can be moved fairly easily to whatever part of the park has room as construction walls go up and down. Why not keep them throughout the big construction?

doctornick

I don't get the fascination some fans have with cover bands but not sad to see this one go.

I've got to admit that I'm constantly fascinated by how much fandom certain entertainment groups get at WDW. I have nothing against the likes of MS&S or Off Kilter, etc and would be entertained enough if I came upon them and they were playing. And I get that some people are more or less interested in certain types of entertainment.

But these are cover bands. They don't -- as far as I can tell -- do anything particularly special that hundreds, if not thousands, of bands do every day throughout the US. The location being in WDW might be neat, but they seem pretty replaceable to me. I just don't get the woe that occurs when certain entertainment is replaced and I certainly don't think Disney is evil for changing the entertainment periodically -- heck, they should probably do it more frequently.

I'm 100% behind the point of disliking when entertainment is cut without a replacement. We'll see what happens here with DHS, though I've got to think some sort of replacement will occur given the state of the park. Disney should be criticized for decreasing overall entertainment offerings when it occurs. But I just can't get worked up over any individual act being gone. YMMV.

wannabeBelle

The band themselves were pretty much told 4 hours before the official announcement. It was a very sad situation, conducted by a higher up that the band had never even seen before reading off a pre-written speech about them not being needed anymore.

They are not going to be relocated...they will all have to re-apply for jobs at Disney if they wish to go somewhere else (there ARE other entertainment offerings on property with openings currently). Whats being said here is true, that the truck storage area was the FINAL factor in this decision (toy story land), however they have been on the chopping block longer than many realize. It had run its course and wasn't drawing the crowds that typically make management happy. That would be the reason its not being simply "relocated".

Some of the band members are the nicest people you could ever meet, and although this is horrible..I have confidence they will all find a better gig at other places (just not with one another :x) .
I was in DHS that day and got the news about 1/2 hour before I was going to see the 12:30 show. All of the regulars were out that day, probably just timing, but I would assume that they were notified of their termination via phone. Not the best way to end an 11 year run, I would think. I am incredibly sad for my friends within the band but hope to see those amazingly talented people move on to bigger and better opportunities. Love you guys and girls!!! Marie

wannabeBelle

And this is what I find odd. Given that so much of the park's area and attractions have been closed and are (or are going to be) behind construction walls, I'd have thought that movable entertainment would be exactly what they'd want to keep around during construction. MSS's performances can be moved fairly easily to whatever part of the park has room as construction walls go up and down. Why not keep them throughout the big construction?
I have been saying this for a few days now, just doesn't make any sense. Marie

wannabeBelle

I will be there!!!! Come on out and join me in saying goodbye to a great bunch of talented people. Let's ROCK the Studios!!! Marie

wannabeBelle

I assume it was someone like DJ Elliot who replaced them?
Quite literally. The band recorded their holiday show and the DJ pressed a button. I didn't come down to see the festivities this year, but if I had come down expecting the band and got a recording, I would NOT have been amused. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom