Moving to Central Florida

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I thought we had a sub-forum about living in Orlando and whatnot?

I'm really really REALLY getting the bug to move out of here and move back to Orlando...

rsoxguy

I hope that things work best regarding this idea to move. Please do keep in mind that there is a wide gulf between beneficial goals and romanticized goals. Best wishes.

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I hope that things work best regarding this idea to move. Please do keep in mind that there is a wide gulf between beneficial goals and romanticized goals. Best wishes.

Indeed. If/when I move back to FL I, unfortunately, won't be working for the mouse. I just can't afford to. I have been working for my local cable company for 10 years so HOPEFULLY Bright House will be an option for me. I might go seasonal at Disney just for the perks, however.

FutureCEO

Orlando would be great. But for those of us not used to 90 degree plus heat for 9 months in a year, that would be torture. Or happiness depending how you think about it.

Disneyhead'71

Indeed. If/when I move back to FL I, unfortunately, won't be working for the mouse. I just can't afford to. I have been working for my local cable company for 10 years so HOPEFULLY Bright House will be an option for me. I might go seasonal at Disney just for the perks, however.
Brighthouse is an awesome company to work for. Great benefits. I have worked for them for over 6 years. I wish you the best of luck.

Arthur Wellesley

Orlando would be great. But for those of us not used to 90 degree plus heat for 9 months in a year, that would be torture. Or happiness depending how you think about it.
I can handle the heat for a month, maybe 2 months tops before I'm ready to explode. I love my four seasons where I live. About time you start to get sick of one, another comes rolling in for a nice change of pace. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Live in Florida? No thank you. It's my special home away from home. Being an escape from the norm is what makes it special to me, and that's how I intend to keep it. So many fun adventures down there..so many great memories still to come. All without having the monotony of the things which would drive me bonkers if I lived there permanently.

CaptainAmerica

Grew up in New England, went to school in the midwest, lived in Orlando for three years, and then back to New England. The worst part of the weather in Orlando wasn't the summer, because your brain kind of accepts it when it's scorching hot in June and July. It's supposed to be. The worst part was when it was mid-October and STILL 85 degrees every day. You can't even put a Jack-o-lantern out because it rots in the humidity. I'll take February in New England over October in Orlando ANY time.

Goofyernmost

Grew up in New England, went to school in the midwest, lived in Orlando for three years, and then back to New England. The worst part of the weather in Orlando wasn't the summer, because your brain kind of accepts it when it's scorching hot in June and July. It's supposed to be. The worst part was when it was mid-October and STILL 85 degrees every day. You can't even put a Jack-o-lantern out because it rots in the humidity. I'll take February in New England over October in Orlando ANY time.
I'll guarantee that I will not stand in your way, but, after 63 years of those February days in New England, I'll take the rotting pumpkins. When I get tired of those, all I have to do is throw them away and buy a new one. Try turning off February sometime!

CaptainAmerica

I'll guarantee that I will not stand in your way, but, after 63 years of those February days in New England, I'll take the rotting pumpkins. When I get tired of those, all I have to do is throw them away and buy a new one. Try turning off February sometime!
February is what gives Spring its value.

Goofyernmost

February is what gives Spring its value.
New England doesn't have Spring. There is Winter, two months of mud and 6.5 weeks of summer. And that's it!

Besides that, wouldn't "February is what gives Spring it's value" be just about the same as saying that I hit myself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop? ;)

CaptainAmerica

New England doesn't have Spring. There is Winter, two months of mud and 6.5 weeks of summer. And that's it!

Besides that, wouldn't "February is what gives Spring it's value" be just about the same as saying that I hit myself in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when I stop? ;)
Variety is the spice of life, friend.

Goofyernmost

Variety is the spice of life, friend.
I had six decades of spicing. I am happy with bland right now. I don't have to shovel bland and bland doesn't cost me thousands a year in heating costs. Like I said... you like it, that's fine. Me... I'll stick with the less dramatic seasons of North Carolina. I will agree with Florida though, it's great to go to in the winter, but, not something that I would want year round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom