Trip Report Movin' In? Two Weeks in the World!

Hello! My husband (Brad) and I (Amy) just got back from a 2 week trip to Walt Disney World, and had a blast! We are frequent visitors and last year we decided to stay at WDW for 2 weeks so we could take touring slow and do things we've wanted to do but never had time to put in the schedule. It was heavenly to have so much time to play with, and of course in the end when it came time to leave we weren't quite ready (although our wallets were!).

I hope you enjoy a recap of our adventures, please share any thoughts or questions you might have! :) It will be full of pictures too (including food!).

I am going to take a brief break to tag a few people here on the boards that have expressed interest in my travels and some that might be. If I missed anyone sorry, but everyone is welcome! :D
@figmentfan423 @Songbird76 @betty rose @donaldtoo @PacNWTigger @MouseDreaming @Tuvalu @JenniferS @StarWarsGirl @MinnieM123 @PUSH @Mr Ferret 88 @MOXOMUMD @Gabe1 @BuddyThomas @Cesar R M

Here are also some links to the other trip reports I've done.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/back-to-disneyland-ringin-in-2016.909039/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ts-wdw-november-2015-lots-of-pictures.907613/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/springin-into-wdw-solo-march-2016.911995/

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 13 July 3
We began the day at Hollywood Studios and went with the crowd to Toy Story Mania. For the first time this trip we were directed to the new line and that was nice to see. The strings on the vehicles felt a little tighter when shooting. We were also sent through on a vehicle that didn't work so I took some pictures and we were able to ride in a different vehicle a couple minutes later.
IMG_9798.JPG

IMG_9799.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

IMG_9825.JPG

Next we were able to see the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, we hadn't seen that since 2009 so it was fun to see.
IMG_9835.JPG

Then we dropped into the Tower of Terror.
IMG_9845.JPG

and then caught a showing of the Beauty and the Beast stage show. I was really impressed with Gaston, he was really into his part.
IMG_9858.JPG

IMG_9863.JPG

IMG_9868.JPG

IMG_9889.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
For lunch we had and ADR for 50's Primetime Cafe. In the times we had eaten here before we were never given a table right at a tv, so when we checked in we requested that. It was a nice spot to sit. We had a great server too, she played around a little but not too much. She "yelled" at my husband for being on his phone so that was funny.
IMG_9935.JPG

IMG_9936.JPG

IMG_9960.JPG

No elbows on the table Brad!
IMG_9962.JPG

We shared the onions and they were yummy. I liked the dipping sauce from the Sci-Fi a bit better though.
IMG_9964.JPG

I had a chocolate peanut butter milkshake. I thought we would share but Brad had taken Dramamine and it wasn't setting right with him. That's okay, it was very delicious (like a peanut butter cup). It was also a way for me to cheat and get my dessert without eating all my veggies!
IMG_9966.JPG

We both got the Mom's sampler. The pot roast and fried chicken were our favorites.
IMG_9967.JPG

IMG_9971.JPG

After lunch the only other thing we wanted to do at the Studios was the Star Wars show and we had about 20 minutes until that started so we just sat on a shady bench and people watched.
IMG_9975.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
After the Star Wars show we headed back to the resort for some swimming and a nap. In the early evening we headed to the Magic Kingdom to see the July 3rd showing of the July 4th fireworks. After some wandering around the park we returned to Main Street and had dinner at Casey's Corner and ended up staying at a table there to watch the fireworks.

On the way to the MK we passed the construction area of the Studios.
IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

Dinner!
IMG_0034.JPG

Flowers nearby, I thought they were pretty.
IMG_0037.JPG

dessert

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Then just waiting for the show.
IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

The fireworks were really good. We couldn't wait until the actual 4th when we would be able to watch them from the top of the Contemporary.
IMG_0069.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
4th of July: Our last full day at the World.

Brad and I decided to challenge ourselves today we decided to do 4 Parks on the Fourth and somehow it evolved into 4 Park on the Fourth by noon. As part of our challenge we made a rule that we had to see at least one attraction and get a picture of us in front of the main icon of the park (those our on our photo pass).

Animal Kingdom opened the earliest with magic hours at 8am so that is where we started. We also wanted to do the most patriotic attraction in the park, but the only attraction we really wanted to do at Animal Kingdom was EVerest. So we walked back there and it was down. Well we didn't have time to wait around if we wanted to make our goal, so we decided to watching It's Tough to be a Bug.
IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0088.JPG

We made it out of the park a little before 9 and went to the bus stop for Hollywood Studios and within seconds of us arriving at the bus stop a bus pulled up!

IMG_0103.JPG

Once at the Studios we decided to see Muppets. After all it is a salute to all nations but mostly America. I will say that we didn't follow Sam Eagles rules and we did stop in the middle of the row, but since there weren't many people that was fine.
IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

We also stopped for a snack to eat on the way to the bus stop. We tried the new whoopie pies at the sweet shop. I got the orange (which was fantastic), and Brad got the cookies and cream which he enjoyed.
IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

Next stop was the Magic Kingdom, again a bus arrived shortly after we got to the bus stop and we arrived for the 10:30 showing of the Hall of Presidents. We were really lucky with buses.
IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
On the way out of the Magic Kingdom we caught some of the Main Street characters and a performance of the Dapper Dans. Then we headed to Epcot. The monorail was a little slow but we made it into Epcot by 11:50. So were got all 4 parks in.

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

It was time for lunch and we decided to eat in France, at Les Halles. Yes, it was the 4th of July and that doesn't seem patriotic, but we figured that France helped us win the Revolutionary War so it was fitting.
IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0230.JPG

We shared the croque monsieur, which is not as good as the ones we ate in Paris. It was dry and didn't have the creaminess of what we loved about it in real life France. But the ham and cheese quiche was good.
IMG_0231.JPG

We also got the duo au chocolat (a mousse cake with dark and white chocolate).
IMG_0232.JPG

We also saw the movie in France, then backtracked to the Land for our Soarin' fast pass. Then we headed back to the American Adventure and caught a little of the Voices of Liberty as well. We also hit up Mexico before heading back to the resort for some down time and also packing time.

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
For dinner that night we had reservations at the California Grill, we were lucky and got a table in which both of us got a view out of the window. Many tables are set up so one diner is looking at a wall which is what we got the last time we had dinner here.

It was a great meal. If you haven't been, you might want to put it on your agenda next times. It is worth a splurge.
IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

My beer, it was like a cross between wine and beer. Interesting, but I probably wouldn't get it again.
IMG_0282.JPG

Brad with his favorite drink, rum and coke.

Bread
IMG_0284.JPG

Pastrami flatbread
IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

We both got the oak grilled steak with black truffle and caramelized onion risotto.
IMG_0293.JPG

Brad got some sort of banana butterscotch dessert, he loved it.
IMG_0294.JPG

And I got the chocolate pudding cake, and I loved that.
IMG_0296.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 31

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
The fireworks were awesome at the top and Brad actually ran into a old high school friend while we were on the Observation Deck. What was really cool with the fireworks was that we could see everything all the fireworks shows in the distance that weren't Disney, the fireworks launched from the middle of 7 Seas Lagoon, Magic Kingdom's fireworks, and the electrical water pageant. It was a magical moment.

IMG_0350.JPG
IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0363.JPG
IMG_0375.JPG

AFter the fireworks we knew that the buses would be crowded, as you can see with my zoomed picture. So we decided just to hang out on some super comfy couches near the check in desk for the California Grill.
IMG_0377.JPG

While we were hanging out Peter Pan appeared out of nowhere and asked us if we had seen Pirates. We thought that was random but then we remembered the Pirates cruise.
IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG

In the end we just grabbed a taxi and headed back. It was worth it not to fight crowds that night.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
July 5th Our Last Day and Travel day home

We dropped off our bags early at bell services and at the airline check in desk, and yes bell services came quickly to help with our bags. It was the quickest service I've ever had with bell services, they must have had a note next to our room number! :) We went to Old Port Royale for breakfast, then headed to the Magic Kingdom.

Some last shots of the Caribbean Beach.

IMG_0384.JPG
IMG_0391.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0394.JPG

One last welcome show.
IMG_0439.JPG

On our way to BIg Thunder Mountain.
IMG_0461.JPG

Another spin on the carousel
IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0522.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I went into the shop by the Cinderella fountain and found these lovely displays. I had never seen them before.
IMG_0524.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG

These boys were hanging out by the teacups.
IMG_0529.JPG

We flew a little in an elephant.
IMG_0536.JPG

Eventually rode a little 7D.
IMG_0551.JPG

Then it was time for lunch at the Plaza. We had never eaten here before. It was delicious.
IMG_0556.JPG

We shared a mint chocolate chip shake.
IMG_0560.JPG

I had the chicken sandwich and Brad got the cheesesteak.
IMG_0563.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
We were able to see a little of the band marching by before a last ride on Big Thunder, then a train ride to Main Street.
IMG_0567.JPG
IMG_0585.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

Then some last minute treats at the confectionary (we got toffee not cotton candy).
IMG_0593.JPG

Then back the Caribbean to get the Magical Express. :(
IMG_0596.JPG

Once at the airport we took a walk through the Disney store there and I saw this on the wall. It is certainly true.
IMG_0597.JPG

We had a blast over the two weeks we were at Disney. Two weeks may seem like a long time, but it wasn't nearly enough! Thanks to all of you that have followed along for the recap of our adventures. Hopefully you enjoyed it! Here's to more Disney adventures! (Which are tomorrow...Disneyland!)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Your photos just keep getting better and better. Oddly enough, I was drawn to the photo in the American Adventure with the crowd departing the theater. For some reason, I really liked that one--sort of artsy.

Your dinner in the Cali looked scrumptious!! And I was happy that you both had such a nice view from your table; you really lucked out with the location!! :happy:

There's so much more I could comment on, but I'll just leave it there. GREAT TR !!! :)

Minnesota disney fan

Thanks for your great trip report. I would love to stay for 2 weeks, but the most I can talk my husband into is 10 days. That doesn't quite do it for me, however:) It was fun to "live" your Disney experience with your report. We go to WDW in November, and can't wait!

fractal

View attachment 151080

After Toy Story I just hung out a little until it was time to check in to the Brown Derby for the Dining with and Imagineer lunch. I was pretty nervous for the Dine with an Imagineer. I can be pretty shy and anxious in new social situations and stay pretty quiet. I am definitely more of an observer than the outgoing one. So Brad told me that I had to ask at least one question if I was going to do the lunch. (He is the outgoing one would have had no anxiousness about this.)

Anyway, the lunch was fantastic. Our imagineer was Cindy Cohe and she does show design in the parks, especially for the Studios. She had been with the Studios since its construction days. It was really interesting to hear her stories and how she worked her way up through the company. There were 9 of us with her, and turns out that I and another lady were the talkative ones! Once she got going with her stories, I had a lot of questions. I think the others might have been more shy than I am! Lunch was fantastic and the service was great. It felt special since we were in the private Bamboo Room, the wait even addressed me by name. I only took a couple pictures of the food because no one else was, and I didn't want to fly my freak flag too early. I would love to do the Dine program again, I really like learning about the history of Disney and the company so this is right up my alley. We even got a signed plate as a souvenir, I haven't taken a picture of it yet. I will and post a pictures later.

Lobby of the Derby
View attachment 151081

A sneak peek into the restaurant before they started seating people.
View attachment 151086

I liked looking at the drawings of the celebs, I didn't know them all but I knew a large number. My mom had watched the original Mickey Mouse Club as a kid so she made certain I knew who Jimmie Dodd was!
View attachment 151082

I loved that the lighting were little derby hats. I was pretty pleased that I noticed this detail, as sometimes it takes me awhile to notice such details.
View attachment 151083

Lunch consisted of corn bisque (with a little sirracha oil, yum), cobb salad (which was a full portion, and it was huge!), a main dish, and a dessert trio.

My steak. It was good. There were mushrooms in my mashed potatoes though. I had misunderstood the menu and thought they were just on the side or on top of the steak, and I figured I could push them aside. Had I known I would have asked them to leave them out. What a way to ruin mashed potatoes! I hate all mushrooms, unless they are black truffles and they are in my mac and cheese.
View attachment 151087

Dessert trio... left to right: grapefruit cake (a little sweet but a lot of bitter), creme brulee (excellent) and a chocolate mousse kind of cake with a apricot filling (didn't need the filling but it was good)
View attachment 151088

My and my new bestie (just kidding), Cindy.
View attachment 151084

Lunch got over a little before 3pm, so we weren't rushed at all which was really nice. After lunch I headed back to the All Star bus stop to meet Brad back at the room. He had finished his golfing about 15 minutes before we finished lunch. And I waited, and waited.....I was able to do my journaling for the day while waiting though. The wait seemed to last forever but it was over 15 minutes, which seemed a lifetime, it was the longest wait I had in like 3 trips.
View attachment 151085

very cool!

acrab3t

Yachtsman is my DH and my favorite Disney restaurant. We have to go at least once ever time we go. The Truffle Mac n Cheese is awesome. I am like you, I detest mushrooms but adore truffles. I will be there in a little over three months!!! Can't wait!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Your photos just keep getting better and better. Oddly enough, I was drawn to the photo in the American Adventure with the crowd departing the theater. For some reason, I really liked that one--sort of artsy.

Your dinner in the Cali looked scrumptious!! And I was happy that you both had such a nice view from your table; you really lucked out with the location!! :happy:

There's so much more I could comment on, but I'll just leave it there. GREAT TR !!! :)

Thanks @MinnieM123, I'm glad you like my photos. I do like that exit of the American Adventure too. Maybe next time you go you can treat yourself to a Cali meal too, remember you can eat at the lounge too!

I really enjoyed your report. Glad you were able to accomplish so much during your visit! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed my report!

Thanks for your great trip report. I would love to stay for 2 weeks, but the most I can talk my husband into is 10 days. That doesn't quite do it for me, however:) It was fun to "live" your Disney experience with your report. We go to WDW in November, and can't wait!

Thanks for following along. Ten days is still quite a lot, maybe you can just keep extending your trip by a day and maybe your husband won't even notice! Enjoy your time in November! When are you going? We will be there around Thanksgiving before a cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom