Movies that have no ride/attraction at WDW

Disney Spencer

Original Poster
Hi!

I have always wondered why some classic Disney Movies don't have rides, attractions, or shows at WDW! There are lots of great classics that could be made into an attraction! Here are some just to name a few:

Hercules(my personal favorite. I've always wondered why there isnt an attraction for this)
101 Dalmations(another great movie classic)
Bambi
The Aristocats
Lady and the Tramp
The Rescuers

Those are just some. I don't know if you've seen the Rescuers or the Rescuers Down Under, but I loved those movies.:lol:

So what are your thoughts any other movies I missed?

WDW_Emily

IMO there has to be something in the movie that you can make a ride out of. While all the movies you listed are good movies, the most I could think of doing with any of them is just making a dark ride about their stories:shrug:

zooey

Disney has so many classic films that one could make the argument for most of them to have a larger presence in the parks, if not their own ride or show. There are so many possibilities within the Disney canon that WDW would literally be ALL dark rides for them to bring them all to fruition.

You won't see something like Hercules placed further in the parks, because it never remained popular enough amongst the average person to make it worth their while. You can't just say, "I love Princess and the Frog, that means everyone else must too, what's the deal Disney? Give us what we want!" Because you might actually be in the minority of fandom, and Disney deals with revenue numbers first and foremost.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm not sure there is enough room in the parks for all of the movies.. :lol:

The Reluctant Dragon
So Dear to my Heart
The Adventures of Ichabod
Robin Hood
The Sword and the Rose
Old Yeller
The gy Dog
Ten Who Dared
Kidnapped
Pollyanna
Toby Tyler
Greyfriars Bobby
Babes in Toyland
The Sword in the Stone
Blackbeard's Ghost
The Aristocats
The Fox and the Hound
Oliver and Company
Homeward Bound
A Goofy Movie
An Extremely Goofy Movie
James and the Giant Peach
Muppet Treasure Island
Mulan
Doug's 1st Movie
Mickey's Once Upond a Christmas
The Emperer's New Groove
Recess: School's Out (my personal favorite, would make a good show!)
Snow Dogs
Treasure Planet
Brother Bear
Inspector Gadget
George of the Jungle
The Incredibles
The Proud Family
Chicken Little
Ratatouille
Meet the Robinsons
Beverly Hills Chiuaua
G-Force
Up
Tangled
TRON Legacy
Mars Needs Moms

some coming soon movies...

Lone Ranger: 2012
Monsters, Inc. 2: 2012
Swiss Family Robinson: 2012
Jungle Cruise: 2013

Disney Spencer

Original Poster
:lol: Ok, I didn't mean for it to turn into this. Haha. I was just trying to show there are some movies that I think should have an attraction that don't!

Exactly. Disney is more concerned about creating attractions that are based on the more popular films. Like Bob Iger said at the investor conference, franchises are the key! Franchises for the Walt Disney Company are the biggest money making tools they have; POTC, Toy Story, Fairies, Cars, Pooh, muppets, Avengers, etc. They are more focused on these type of movies than the not-so-popular-movies, even though a lot of them were awesome films; Mulan, Hercules, Fox and the Hound, and a whole bunch more.

As for me I think they could really do something with Tron. I was actually working on a concept for a Tron attraction based on the light cycles. The ride would be a simulator much like Star Tours but ur on the bike. It would also b in 3D.

R W B

I was thinking this the other day, there is nothing associated with Bolt (It hasnt been mentioned here either) either and thats a pretty new movie that kids today will know about. Now I have no idea what they could do with that attraction wise but I was wondering if they could do a meet and great of some kind. Once again, not sure how or where but just a thought I had.

elchippo

Hercules(my personal favorite. I've always wondered why there isnt an attraction for this)
101 Dalmations(another great movie classic)
Bambi
The Aristocats
Lady and the Tramp
The Rescuers

But "Lady" does have a restaurant in Town Square. I think the biggest travesty is the lack of Jungle Book or Mary Poppins presence. There could/should be more of each.

zooey

But "Lady" does have a restaurant in Town Square. I think the biggest travesty is the lack of Jungle Book or Mary Poppins presence. There could/should be more of each.

Someone around here once mentioned a Jungle Book dark ride for Animal Kingdom. I always thought that was a pretty good idea.

MUTZIE77

I definately agree that there should be something, anything, with the Jungle Book at MK. The only presence of it is the Baloo and King Louie meet and greet at AK. Although there have been claims that King Louie was in the Jungle Cruise when it first opened :lookaroun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom