1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Movies at Sci Fi Dine-in

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by ParentsOf4, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ParentsOf4

ParentsOf4 Well-Known Member

It's about 10 years since we last ate at DHS's Sci Fi Dine-in. Admittedly, our kids were really young but they also thought the movies showing were really boring. Are they still showing the same movies at the Sci Fi Dine-in?
    Thanks!

2. DisneyInsider

DisneyInsider Premium Member

Don't believe anything about the film has changed. They aren't movies though...just clips, commercials, short things etc. There is something new on the screen every few minutes.

3. rsoxguy

rsoxguy Well-Known Member

Nothing has changed as far as I can tell. I sat through a cycle and a half the last time that I dined there, and it all seemed to be the same. Sort of the way I'm sitting here watching the Red Sox lose. Nothing is changing.

4. TINKER625

TINKER625 New Member

Same clips. My 2 younger kids were scared of the movie clips. :eek:
    I guess the black and white movies makes it a little creepier?

5. MansionGoer13z

MansionGoer13z Active Member

Yeah nothing is new. Its been that way for decades. I wish they did show the cheesy movies full length. So I could do the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 "shtick." I'm sure others would do the same.

6. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

Frustrates me too to eat there for years and see no change. How many great Sci Fi flicks were there? It's not like theres too few to choose from. Why not show some disney cartoons or space clips to entertain us instead of that inane Tom & Jerry cartoon?

7. Spikerdink

Spikerdink Well-Known Member

I was there in early March - the clips of the B- Horror movies were the same and the other fillers were too.... but to me, I still loved it all....

8. NeedDisneyNow

NeedDisneyNow New Member

Same here...my 2 young girls are terrified of many of the Sci-Fi movie clips. Too bad because it's a cute place to eat.

9. shyamvatikar

shyamvatikar New Member

It is one of the best places to watch the movie as if we are feeling like dining at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Cosmic Concoction, such as a thick shake mixed with Irish Ice-cream. The experience was really exiting.

10. disneygirl76

disneygirl76 Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

When I went there last, which admittingly was in 2005, they were the same as when i went as a kid. I don't like it here b/c of the silly clips and and theme. The burgers are good and shakes are great but we usually skip it b/c of the theme.

11. Kramerica

Kramerica Active Member

You more of a Joel or Mike kind of guy?