Move It! Shake It! to Run at Night

Angel Ariel

In all fairness, watching Wishes from Lib Sq or Tomorrowland would be akin to watching RoE from the parking lot.

DL has had huge problems with its nighttime shows. They've demanded viewing from the hub or Main St for the properly intended experience, with infrastructure that couldn't cope. Remember and Forever were especially problematic due to this. Small World was added as an attempt at an overflow area with poor results. The shows were designed to be seen straight on.

DLF was designed to be watched from iasw, Frontierland, Main Street, or the Hub. We watched it from all locations except Frontierland (the show was cancelled the night we tried to do that), and it was a great experience in each location. Each was very different, but they were all great experiences.

Angel Ariel

Myself and quite a few park ops members would beg to differ.
I recall seeing a video somewhere talking about how it was designed to be? From an imagineer, I thought? Of course, it could have just been spin. Anyway, we enjoyed it from the other areas regardless.

brb1006

It is subjective. I think it's also about the memories. My memories of MK as a child are MSEP..and how much I loved seeing it. 2015 I cried watching it..mostly bc my kid fell asleep and missed out...but also because of nostalgia.
Now, I'm seeing WDW thru my child's eyes..which means today I enjoy things that while I may not have considered "garbage", I definitely didn't have any interest in before.

Maybe it's being blinded by that kind of Pixie Dust. But I'll take something over nothing...and I'll put my faith in knowing Disney well enough to believe that they'll bring back a real nighttime parade at some point.
Same can't be said for Spectromagic though

mousehockey37

Here's an idea... Let's take Festival of Fantasy and put that at night and have Move It, Shake It be the 3:00 parade. To make it a grand parade, add a few floats. FoF is awesome to start with, add some lights and fuel up the dragon and you got yourself a nighttime parade!

Bandini

Here's an idea... Let's take Festival of Fantasy and put that at night and have Move It, Shake It be the 3:00 parade. To make it a grand parade, add a few floats. FoF is awesome to start with, add some lights and fuel up the dragon and you got yourself a nighttime parade!
I think this is a great idea, but I think it's about cost cuts.

mousehockey37

Families can't dance at MK?

As was said, they can do what they want. During the day, sure, it's fine. I can see to get around people and avoid walking over kids. At night, with the lights reduced, it's a completely different dynamic. If people are lining up for this and others trying to get around and by, families up and dancing isn't the safest thing.

drizgirl

I recall seeing a video somewhere talking about how it was designed to be? From an imagineer, I thought? Of course, it could have just been spin. Anyway, we enjoyed it from the other areas regardless.

Aren't you talking about the various spots they offered projections? I know the best spot was in the hub by the castle, but didn't they also project them onto IASW, Main Street buildings, and maybe water fans on the Rivers of America? Maybe the Matterhorn? They sure did a great job trying to pull some of the crowds into other areas of the park. But dang. It's hard to deny just how great it was in front of the castle. A remarkable melding of projection show will full on fireworks show. (I hope that's the sort of thing coming to the MK).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, my 3 year old will probably like it when we go. However....he also likes laying underneath the coffee table. So can we really trust his opinions?

Can the unanimous opinions of toddlers, cats, and dogs be wrong?

This is the 'denning instinct'. The way many mammals feels safe by being in a semi-enclosed area (even if they don't have the wherewithal to understand a cardboard box may not be that very safe).

Disney could capitalize on this by providing little alcoves or cubby holes... no, tents! That would be so much easier. Just fill the park with tents people can rent out. What could possible go wrong?

Disney-Trains

It's strange when people complain about move it shake it, or other cheap dance parties and others say "what's wrong with families dancing and having fun in a theme park?"

No one is saying families shouldn't dance and have fun in a theme park. But many of us know that Disney is capable of giving them fully produced, theme appropriate entertainment to dance to. This is a problem unique to florida. When you visit California you see live music around every corner. They even have a big band host a "royal ball" dance party on the weekends!

Look up videos of Festival Navi Dav or Mulans Lunar New Year Festival at DCA. That's what I expect from Disney.

mousehockey37

It's strange when people complain about move it shake it, or other cheap dance parties and others say "what's wrong with families dancing and having fun in a theme park?"

No one is saying families shouldn't dance and have fun in a theme park. But many of us know that Disney is capable of giving them fully produced, theme appropriate entertainment to dance to. This is a problem unique to florida. When you visit California you see live music around every corner. They even have a big band host a "royal ball" dance party on the weekends!

Look up videos of Festival Navi Dav or Mulans Lunar New Year Festival at DCA. That's what I expect from Disney.

Sadly, there's a lot of people that visit the parks in FL and don't give 2 glances at the entertainers. I absolutely love the Main St. Philharmonic. I never got to see FutureCorps live, but damn, I wish I could see them now. I love what the Dapper Dans do, along with the Voices of Liberty. You better believe as well that I make sure I get to the Grand Floridian and see the GF Society Orchestra. There's other acts as well, but it's sad to see people just walk by because they're in a hurry to get to their FP attraction or whatever.

I always thought that there should be a speak-easy or something in DHS around the HTH. Have a big band play there in the evenings or whatnot. It'd be a nice touch.

Back to what you said though, yes, Disney is fully capable of giving the crowds an appropriately themed offering and they aren't living up to it. Is there a cost? Yes. There always is. If I wind up paying a few cents extra (out of the overall cost) to have something done well and done right, then it's worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom