Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party to be updated later this year

shipley731

Who even likes Stitch anymore? Seriously, is he anymore of a draw than Lumiere, Sebastian, the Genie or Mad Hatter?

I actually like Stitch. (I know, an unpopular opinion.) However, I do not like this parade. The volume is just too much. I've been stuck on Main Street a couple of times on a phone call & this thing starts rolling down the street. Even in the shops I couldn't hear over the loud music.

note2001

I never counted this as a true parade, more of a portable character dance show & it never got in our way when touring the MK as it comes and goes fairly quickly. As long as it stays this way they can add characters, change the name or whatever to it and it shouldn't have much of an effect anyone's visit.

I am a little scared of what their definition of "a medley of remixed classic party songs" is though. Can't they just stick to music unique to Disney? Some of those pop songs get old fast & I wouldn't want the hub sounding like a pool party.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I never counted this as a true parade, more of a portable character dance show & it never got in our way when touring the MK as it comes and goes fairly quickly. As long as it stays this way they can add characters, change the name or whatever to it and it shouldn't have much of an effect anyone's visit.

I am a little scared of what their definition of "a medley of remixed classic party songs" is though. Can't they just stick to music unique to Disney? Some of those pop songs get old fast & I wouldn't want the hub sounding like a pool party.
Thankfully, there will be no beach balls.

aladdin2007

this....is the dj staying? heaven help us

note2001

What was Disney's reasoning for having this in the first place?

Have we become a society in such need of constant stimulation that main street has to continuously have parade floats running along it or a show at the hub? I'm surprised the Disney book keepers have allowed this to remain at all.

mm52200

I'm more baffled by Phineas and Ferb, haven't they sort of peaked in terms of popularity? I'm sure they still have a steady fanbase but aren't they kind of on the way out? Seems like they're setting it up to become dated pretty quickly by adding those characters.

aladdin2007

I'm more baffled by Phineas and Ferb, haven't they sort of peaked in terms of popularity? I'm sure they still have a steady fanbase but aren't they kind of on the way out? Seems like they're setting it up to become dated pretty quickly by adding those characters.

yeah not sure who is making these choices but once again someone is disconnected.

hpyhnt 1000

Move It, Shake It, Dance & Play It! Street Party? Rolls right off the tongue :confused:

No kidding. The person who came up with that word jumble should be forbidden from naming anything ever again.

I'm a little wary of the "remixed" songs as well. And unfortunately, they will probably need keep the DJ to oversee the "voting" portion of the party. So in short, looks like its leaning toward being more of the same loud nonsense. Hopefully the remodeled floats will at least look a bit nicer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom