Mousey's first ever report!!

Hey Everybody! Well, I've just returned for an all too short trip to the world, and I've gotta tell you that this trip report will be one of the worst of all time. For one thing, I'm completely drained right now, for another, the trip wasn't the best trip I've ever had. :( But I'm not going to waste everybody's time by growling about everything that went wrong, because I don't like when people do that. So I'll just hit some high points. The players in this report would be myself, the Hubby, and four mouslings, ages, 8, 6, 4, and 20 months. (Yes, that's a lot of kids, yes, we are crazy. ;)) Okay, soooooooo....

Wednesday, October 8th, 4:00 a.m. I am awakened 20 minutes early by the Hubby walking around the house for some odd reason. (he won't admit it, but I know it was giddy anticipation keeping him awake) This trip was a complete surprise for the girls, so I was up until 10:30 packing their things and laying it all out for them to find when they got up. So I got myself ready, then sat him down with the camera and the cd with the "Fantasy in the Sky" music on it to play when the girls came out. Now, I expected many, many different reactions from the kids... perhaps some giggles, jumping, clapping, I don't know... but the one thing I did NOT expect was TEARS!!! :eek: And I don't mean tears of happiness! To quote the 6 year old," But what about SCHOOL!" My reply? "WHAT ABOUT SCHOOL?!?!?!?" However, after a few minutes, they woke up, and it sank in that we were in fact going to wdw... THEN the jubilation hit them.

So one uneventful flight later, we landed in Orlando, where our driver was waiting for us... surprise number two... we got a limo!! :sohappy: The girls were so excited... about the fact that the limo had free peppermints AND a tv/vcr with SHREK in it!! So off to the poly we go, get in to check in, and here's where the hubby and I got a pleasant surprise... they asked if we'd like to upgrade from our lagoon view to a concierge room with a garden view. Now, as parents with four children in tow, our answer was a definite "HECK YES!" I can't tell you how much time was saved not having to forage for snacks and drinks and meals all the time. Very, very helpful. Our room was ready, so we got all our stuff in, changed into more appropriate Florida clothing, and headed to the MK to eat lunch at the castle. Here's where the trip report will get rather dull, because we didn't really "do" much this trip. This was the most crowded I'd ever seen wdw. Granted, we always go in the lowest of the low seasons, but between all the goings on that happened this week, it was just too much for me. I'm used to walking on pretty much everything, and that just didn't happen. We rode IASW, for the kids, of course, :lookaroun , Goofy's barnstormer, and Dumbo, but called it a day after that.

Mitzer

Welcome home Christy. All I have to say is I bow to you even attempting Disney with 4 small kids. That is no easy task. We don't have any children, so we usually go just the two of us and I can't even keep up. I can not even imagine how stressful it is to do Disney with 4...running in 4 different direction...you are totally gutsie! I am glad they did some nice things like upgrade you. Conceirge is so nice and I can see where it would come in really handy with a family your size. Sorry they closed Epcot on you. Did they let you know this before you got there? Just curious.

And to Brian...when are you going to Disney again? You seem to be almost living there now :lol: ...I think you may pass even me on visits.

Glad you guys got to meet...and thanks for the report.

SpongeScott

**THREAD HIJACK**

Hey Wendy! How's things going? Haven't see you in awhile and wanted to know if you are feeling any better toward the Mouse since you've had some time.

Mitzer

Originally posted by SpongeScott
**THREAD HIJACK**

Hey Wendy! How's things going? Haven't see you in awhile and wanted to know if you are feeling any better toward the Mouse since you've had some time.

Well that is another whole story. Yes and No. I am not writing off Disney all together, but still a bit disappointed. I am going to chalk it up to just a bad, one time experience. And, nothing positive from my letter either, but that is ok. I still love the mouse, just not some of his coworkers...:lol: . Thanks for asking though. Time heals all wounds...:animwink:

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Originally posted by Mitzer
Welcome home Christy. All I have to say is I bow to you even attempting Disney with 4 small kids. That is no easy task. We don't have any children, so we usually go just the two of us and I can't even keep up. I can not even imagine how stressful it is to do Disney with 4...running in 4 different direction...you are totally gutsie! I am glad they did some nice things like upgrade you. Conceirge is so nice and I can see where it would come in really handy with a family your size. Sorry they closed Epcot on you. Did they let you know this before you got there? Just curious.

And to Brian...when are you going to Disney again? You seem to be almost living there now :lol: ...I think you may pass even me on visits.

Glad you guys got to meet...and thanks for the report.

No problem. :wave: Yes, I knew for quite a while before the trip epcot would be closed. So while that was planned for, the atrocious crowds at MK were NOT expected! But I'd like to clarify that the things that made this trip not the best (and I don't know if I can really call it a "bad" trip, even) weren't things that were under Disney's control, they were just a bunch of random things that added up to a not as magical as usual trip, that's all. I still got to go!! Every Disney employee I had contact with was wonderful, as usual. Now, don't get me started on the other guests... :lookaroun :zipit:

WDWFREAK53

This is why Christy's DH didn't like her going out with us...sheesh...why would he be jealous? :lookaroun

Attachments

• lego kiss freak.jpg
    lego kiss freak.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 94

Pippa

Thanks for the report, I hope I get to meet a few people from WDWMagic when I am there next week I'd love to put faces to names!

pepsistar

MM. Oh my what a time--- I was also their from the 8th to the 11th. I have NEVER seen so many people in my life at MK!!:mad: :lookaroun :(

I really give you credit for going with "4" little ones. It was really scary at MK on the 9th (My birthday) I got stuck on the bridge by the Crystal Palace. It was shoulder to shoulder and-- bottom to bottom--LOL you could not move! Even after it was over the people did not move at all. It must have been a wall/blanket of people from adventureland to the entrance. I know it was a new show-- but!!

HOW many people were their? Anyone know!! I would really like to find out. The show was great, what I got to see of it. However, the people around me were very rude and were walking on the grass, holding little ones on their shoulders so they could maybe see, ( which I understand ) and pushing, pushing, and pushng.

I go every year at this time for a few days by myself for my birthday and have never seen it so packed. I went with my daughter and grandson in July and thought that was bad-- little did I know what was to be--- and it was still HOT! :(

I went to MGM on Sunday after I checked out and that was just as bad. Have you ever seen a "120" minute wait for Tower of Terror and the line for The Great Movie Ride down the steps on the side? Some one told me it was becuse of the Fairytail Package?? I do not know but in all the years I have been going ( since 1972) I have never, never seen this many people!

It was bad at all the parks-- even Epcot! All the Fastpass' were gone and the wait times, all over an hour! Did not do much their except watch Illuminations, which was great. Still miss the parade though, the original one.

Hope your next trip will be better-- at least less people and maybe you will get an upgrade again. :lol: have never had that happen--:( Maybe someday--- Take care!:wave::D

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Thanks Pepsistar... my next trip is exactly 3 months from today, for 10 days!! and I'm very much looking forward to it. I knew this trip would be rough... it was more for the kids than myself, obviously. But when we landed back in Detroit, another guy who was there that month said he heard there were 60,000 in the MK that night. I've not heard officially how many. You know, the odd thing is... I saw hardly any cm's around for crowd control. The entire time I was standing there... I forget how long, but 10 minutes before Spectromagic to about 10 minutes after Wishes, so however long that would be... I only saw ONE cm... and she only came by to tell the people to get out of the grass, then disappeared again. *sigh* You are right, it was scary, lol. But it wasn't enough to "ruin" me for Disney. :) These things happen. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom