Mousey's first ever report!!

Hey Everybody! Well, I've just returned for an all too short trip to the world, and I've gotta tell you that this trip report will be one of the worst of all time. For one thing, I'm completely drained right now, for another, the trip wasn't the best trip I've ever had. :( But I'm not going to waste everybody's time by growling about everything that went wrong, because I don't like when people do that. So I'll just hit some high points. The players in this report would be myself, the Hubby, and four mouslings, ages, 8, 6, 4, and 20 months. (Yes, that's a lot of kids, yes, we are crazy. ;)) Okay, soooooooo....

Wednesday, October 8th, 4:00 a.m. I am awakened 20 minutes early by the Hubby walking around the house for some odd reason. (he won't admit it, but I know it was giddy anticipation keeping him awake) This trip was a complete surprise for the girls, so I was up until 10:30 packing their things and laying it all out for them to find when they got up. So I got myself ready, then sat him down with the camera and the cd with the "Fantasy in the Sky" music on it to play when the girls came out. Now, I expected many, many different reactions from the kids... perhaps some giggles, jumping, clapping, I don't know... but the one thing I did NOT expect was TEARS!!! :eek: And I don't mean tears of happiness! To quote the 6 year old," But what about SCHOOL!" My reply? "WHAT ABOUT SCHOOL?!?!?!?" However, after a few minutes, they woke up, and it sank in that we were in fact going to wdw... THEN the jubilation hit them.

So one uneventful flight later, we landed in Orlando, where our driver was waiting for us... surprise number two... we got a limo!! :sohappy: The girls were so excited... about the fact that the limo had free peppermints AND a tv/vcr with SHREK in it!! So off to the poly we go, get in to check in, and here's where the hubby and I got a pleasant surprise... they asked if we'd like to upgrade from our lagoon view to a concierge room with a garden view. Now, as parents with four children in tow, our answer was a definite "HECK YES!" I can't tell you how much time was saved not having to forage for snacks and drinks and meals all the time. Very, very helpful. Our room was ready, so we got all our stuff in, changed into more appropriate Florida clothing, and headed to the MK to eat lunch at the castle. Here's where the trip report will get rather dull, because we didn't really "do" much this trip. This was the most crowded I'd ever seen wdw. Granted, we always go in the lowest of the low seasons, but between all the goings on that happened this week, it was just too much for me. I'm used to walking on pretty much everything, and that just didn't happen. We rode IASW, for the kids, of course, :lookaroun , Goofy's barnstormer, and Dumbo, but called it a day after that.

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Thursday, October 9th Had breakfast at the hotel. For those who've not stayed concierge, it's basically a continental breakfast everyday. Cereals, fruit, juices, coffee, pastries, (speaking of which, the hubby and I had a huge laughing fit when the 4 year old asked if she could get "more pastries please") Then it was off to epcot, which would be closing at 3 this particular day for the M:S press stuff. So we did the requisite Epcot things, spaceship earth, and I FINALLY rode figment, which was just adorable. Sent the hubby on M:S since I'd be riding it later on in the trip. His reaction? "That was pretty cool." (In defense of M:S, that's about as excited as he gets about anything. :lol:) The 8 year old and myself then hit test track (no Kenan! :() and hubby and kids 2,3, and 4 went to the Living seas. Then it was lunch in Japan, in the Teppanyaki dining area, and it was good as always. Another trip highlight... being that we have such a large family, we usually take up pretty much the whole table. However, there was room at our table for one other couple, an elderly couple who were very sweet and friendly, and the man even took a picture of us all for me. So by the end of the meal, we've talked quite a bit, and he's asking DH what he does for a living, etc., then proceeds to tell us "Well, I finished serving a 21 year prison sentence in 1984 and haven't worked a day since.":eek: But he was very sweet, and afterwards I saw him pushing his wife around in her wheelchair. (awwwwww!) So it was back to Poly now for swimming and resting, and a night at the MK for wishes!

Alright, so we did the swimming and resting thing, then it was off to the MK. Now, remember how I said that Epcot closed at 3? So that leaves either MK or MGM for everybody to visit, since AK closed at 5. Guess where they ALL wanted to be! That's right! MK!! (Insert various bad words here) I don't even know how to describe this evening. I don't remember what we did... well, we rode TTA :lookaroun... which my children love. :lol: but nobody would ride Space Mountain with me, so I still haven't gotten on there. :( Now my whole point of coming this night was to see Wishes, and apparently so was everybody else's. Right before spectromagic, we got stuck on one of the walkways that goes in front of the castle diagonally from Main street back to tomorrowland. I mean, literally stuck. There were so many people we couldn't move. It was shoulder to shoulder. It was scary. Seriously. But I just held out hope that they'd all just forget there were going to be fireworks this night and leave after the parade. :lookaroun Yes, very likely, right? Parade ended, and people just kind of left their spot on the side walk and squished out onto main street where it was a shoulder to shoulder mess of people again. We tried to get out there, wasn't happening. We even ditched our stroller to be able to get out of the MK, we were so not wanting to be there. But we just couldn't go ANYWHERE! So we returned to our place on the walkway, kind of facing the right hand corner of the castle. It was horrible. We were hot, tired, being stepped on, carrying kids and trying to make sure we didn't lose one, perpetually in fear that some freak accident would happen causing a stampede in which we'd be trampled to death. (I heard a guy at the airport say that there were 60,000 people there that night... not sure if that's true or not, but it was just insane) I was so upset, I was ready to cry. I was really hating it. But... BUT!... then the show started. You guys, you have no idea what you're in for when you get to see this. I know, we've talked about the number of shells, and what the music is, but you just have no idea. I was standing there with a my shoulder screaming at me because it was holding a VERY heavy bag with all our junk in it, the camera bag, AND the camcorder up ABOVE my head... but I refused to move, because I didn't want to miss any of it. So while I have no cool pics to post :( I do have the entire thing on video. :sohappy: It is just incredible. Genius. And I can't wait to see it again in January. :)

wdwhoneymooner

Hanging out with ex-convicts, huh? My kind of family! :D

Just wondering, any idea why there were so many folks @ MK during this time? Perhaps for the new fireworks show?

I hope y'all were able to savor some fun from this trip. But with 4 kids, I can understand how it could be stressful. Looking forward to seeing some of your vids/pics. :wave:

kal1484

Originally posted by wdwhoneymooner
Hanging out with ex-convicts, huh? My kind of family! :D

Just wondering, any idea why there were so many folks @ MK during this time? Perhaps for the new fireworks show?

I hope y'all were able to savor some fun from this trip. But with 4 kids, I can understand how it could be stressful. Looking forward to seeing some of your vids/pics. :wave:

AK was closed, as was EPCOT for the M:S Press Thing. :)

*huggles christy* I GOTS MY MAMMA BACK! :) hehehe and I would have been worried about my kids in that mess too! My sister did the crying thing too! But she cried the whole time/drive to disney, 24 hours of whining.

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Friday, October 10th Today was our day at AK. We skipped our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and opted to eat in the room instead. I wanted to get to AK early while the kids were fresh and untired. So off we head to the bus stop on this drizzly gray day. My children are completely petrified by 3-d shows, so we skipped "It's tough to be a bug" and went back to kilamanjaro safaris. Our driver was one of the best we'd ever had. Very funny, even had the kids laughing. At one point, he asked,"Who wants to go stop some poachers??" which received a very unenthusiastic reply. So he said, "Alright! I'm taking all two of you with me!!" That had my two oldest giggling for quite a while. Next we hit Kali River rapids, where I snapped a picture of the stuff that will be Expedition Everest. (I'll post in a bit) It's very... big at this point. Nothing more. :lol: So the only ones brave enough to ride Kali were myself, the 8 year old and the 4 year old! And of course it was the poor little one who got the face full of water at the bottom of the hill. We were in the seats that get hit square on top with the gush of water. She did that thing kids do when they get splashed unexpectedly... where they kinda gasp and their whole face "pops" and they think they're gonna die. Then she just laughed and laughed. Then when we were walking out from the ride, she was skipping down the side walk and saying "I'm gonna ride that again, and when I get splashed, I'm gonna be like 'That was so sweet!!'" :lol: Then we did lunch at Rainforest Cafe, and headed back to the hotel to dry off and rest.

Now it's time for epcot, and my meet with a freak and elizabeth. We had supper in Canada, which my husband said could be the best steak he's ever had. It was all good, good, good, good, good. We took a little trip around world showcase, had some beer, got to see the acrobats in China, which is always so fun. Those girls are just unbelievable!! My 4 year old has spent the last two days just stopping in various places to put her hands down on the ground and stick one leg up in the air, or to test her ability to do the splits. :lol: Anyway, I then saw the husband and kids off and went back to M:S to wait for the freak, who was bringing my fast passes. Well, he didn't show and didn't show, and I thought perhaps I got stood up... and worst of all, HE HAD THE FAST PASSES! :eek: He finally got there, so we got in line. I was... nervous to say the least. (not about meeting brian... he's just like he is online, only... more of an idiot) I just hate spinning rides, and while many many people had said you can't tell you're spinning, I figured they were all just liars who wanted me to embarrass myself by puking on random strangers. But then Gary Sinise showed up and I knew all would be well. Gary wouldn't lie to me! :lookaroun I was the pilot. :D And I'm a good button pusher. That was just... WOW! No, I didn't feel myself spinning, however, I've gotta say one thing. I've heard more than a couple people on here say that the ride is too short, and I must say that I felt all 4 minutes of the ride, and in my opinion, four minutes is plenty of time. I felt a little funny when i got off, but it passed within a half hour. We then went over and caught Illuminations, which was just spectacular, as I'd been told. So beautiful. Again, truly genius. Then it was off to Downtown disney to meet elizabeth (Pinkrose) at the Adventurer's Club, which was a RIOT! And I wasn't even drinking! (Forgot my ID - DOH!) So so so funny, but I was so so so hoping I wouldn't get picked on. :lol: I said my goodbyes to Eliz and Brian and headed back to the hotel to try to get some rest before our last day. :(

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Saturday, October 11th Last day. :( Although, I wasn't completely upset by this, to be totally honest. I was tired, sore, and actually ready to come home after this trip. We again skipped a ps to save time while we got our junk together and got ready to go. We then checked out and went up to Kona cafe for breakfast. I tried the famous tonga toast... and I'm still coming down from the blood sugar spike. YOWZA!! A bit too sweet for me, but a couple bites were good. (sorry, Jer!) Time for one last trip to the MK, where the three oldest all got their faces painted and then the four year old pushed her comfort zone to its limit and rode Goofy's Barnstormer!! :eek: We've been trying for a year to convince her she'd love it, so she finally decided it was time to try. She tried to chicken out at the last minute, but I just told her I'd have my arm around her the whole time and I'd never let her do something that would hurt her. Good enough for her, I guess. She loved it, and when we were walking down the exit ramp she was bouncing around yelling "Again, again! Let's do it again!!" :lol: We got in line for Peter Pan, which broke down... as it always does when I'm in line for it. :rolleyes: so we got fastpasses which were pretty much worthless to us since at that point we had to be hauling buns for the poly to get our luggage and go. We hopped on Pirates for our last ride, and made our way back to head home.

MouseMadness

Original Poster
In conclusion....

I will never EVER go again without at least one other adult besides DH and myself. It was just too much, and I think that's why this trip just didn't "sit" well with me. The child to adult ratio was just too high for me. We really couldn't split up and go our seperate ways to ride rides, and we were so rushed and crazed the whole time that we didn't even meet with any characters!! :eek: But, since we will be back again in January, I wasn't too concerned about it.

Wishes is Not To Be Missed! Everybody, fly down, if only for the day JUST to see this!! It was just incredible, I just can't say it enough. By far and away this was the highest point of the trip. Made it all worthwhile. :sohappy: Brilliant!!

And finally, I apologize if this is a rambling disorganized mess, but I am tired, sore, and overwhelmed right now. If anybody has any questions, feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer what I can.

:wave:

SpongeScott

Welcome home, Christy! Glad you had a good time, sort of. I would imagine that 4 little ones could be tough on you while there. Next time, ask me to go and I'll take care of your husband on the rides! Glad Wishes was everything you had hoped it would be and I'm :sohappy: you rode M:S. I told you that you would be okay! I missed you around here and thanks for the report.

Kenan

Originally posted by MouseMadness
then hit test track (no Kenan! :()

Sorry you didnt get to see me. I didnt start work until 1pm that day, however, I was in the park walking around and looking at what they were doing in front of Mission:SPACE, trying to get on TV, haahha.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by MouseMadness
I tried the famous tonga toast... and I'm still coming down from the blood sugar spike. YOWZA!! A bit too sweet for me, but a couple bites were good. (sorry, Jer!)

Yeah... its does not need the syrup... just a bit of butter :) :slurp:

Seee... its takes a gallon of coffee to wash it all down... then you are good to go around the MK at lightning speed a couple of times.. :lol: ;)

Great Trip Report... welocome back! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Cant wait to see your pics! :) :wave:

Stitch79

Welcome back! Did they charge you anything to upgrade to concierge? If so, how much? (If you don't mind sharing that info)

Sally_doll

great trip report!
I totaly understand about all the crowds! I was at WDW the same time frame you were. infact we even vistited animal kingdom on the same morning:)

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Originally posted by Stitch79
Welcome back! Did they charge you anything to upgrade to concierge? If so, how much? (If you don't mind sharing that info)

Not at all. :) The upgrade was FREE!! We gave up our view for it, but in my eyes it was totally worth it. I can walk around the building and look at the beach, lol. But to not have to stop every time the kids were hungry or wanting something to drink was so nice. In the mornings we'd just snatch a few bottles of water and head out. Really, really convenient. My mother in law said that if an upgrade is available, they'll always offer it in hopes that you'll want it for the next time around, which makes sense. The people who checked in behind us were also offered an upgrade, so concierge must've been really dead that week.

Thanks for the nice words about the report, everybody. I'm surprised it made sense to anyone, lol. I was writing in a state exhaustion. I keep remembering more and more things, if anything interesting or important pops into my mind, i'll be sure to post it. (don't hold your breath ;))

pinkrose

I'm so sorry your trip wasn't that wonderful, but I totally know what you mean. Just having my 2 kids can be stressful at Disney... I can only imagine having 4 there.

I'm so glad that I got to meet you and Brian. Ya'll are great! :)

I won't do a trip report since anything that's of any intrest will be in Brians report. lol When on my own, things were pretty boring.

WDWFREAK53

Ok Ok Ok....now that you've had your little fun Christy...now I'm back and I can defend myself....

(You thought you got stood up??? We were supposed to meet at 8:15...I was there at 8:00 ;) )

Next...what's this "only more of an idiot...that's not what you were saying when you.... :eek: (yes...they're coming Christy hehe)

Too bad the rest of the trip wasn't as good :( because I know I had a blast that night :) :wave:

MouseMadness

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Ok Ok Ok....now that you've had your little fun Christy...now I'm back and I can defend myself....

(You thought you got stood up??? We were supposed to meet at 8:15...I was there at 8:00 ;) )

Next...what's this "only more of an idiot...that's not what you were saying when you.... :eek: (yes...they're coming Christy hehe)

Too bad the rest of the trip wasn't as good :( because I know I had a blast that night :) :wave:

Yes it was. :) :p :wave:

tiggerlover1971

welcome home freakster

kal1484

*HUGGLES*!!!! YOU ARE HOME!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom