Mousekeepers Tip Themselves

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
8d5a8b2a6d65266fed90c9182e282d6dde66440244cd516450ec3d1b197d0aba.jpg

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I expect this to get closed quickly. It was more for the funny factor and I wanted it in the other thread that got shutdown.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I am missing something or this story does not give all the details. They suspected stealing cause it has been reported prior money "missing", they left a 20$ on the nightstand. That is a location I would leave a tip. I would not leave money out that I did not intend to be a tip, nor do I think the general public does either. (now when I go to Disney, I actually make up Mousekeeping envelops with stickers, notes, etc.) Since this is OKW, it was probably Trash and Towel day or even the all clean day. 20$ is not that far out of line since you are tipping every three days.

I guess I am missing something...

KrzyKtty

I am missing something or this story does not give all the details. They suspected stealing cause it has been reported prior money "missing", they left a 20$ on the nightstand. That is a location I would leave a tip. I would not leave money out that I did not intend to be a tip, nor do I think the general public does either. (now when I go to Disney, I actually make up Mousekeeping envelops with stickers, notes, etc.) Since this is OKW, it was probably Trash and Towel day or even the all clean day. 20$ is not that far out of line since you are tipping every three days.

I am with you and assume that some vital information was left out. Because I always leave the tip lying around on either the bed, dresser/TV stand, or the nightstand. I never left a note before, granted I will this trip. So it seems to me that it would be easy for her to assume that the 20 was a tip????

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I started leaving a note as I came back to my room on more than one occasion to find the cash tip I left out untouched.

rob0519

$20 on a night stand seems like a tip. However, I tend to leave it on the dresser near the TV. Was all the other missing money left out in the open? Was it taken from suitcases?, drawers? There has to be more to this story.

Polydweller

$20 on a night stand seems like a tip. However, I tend to leave it on the dresser near the TV. Was all the other missing money left out in the open? Was it taken from suitcases?, drawers? There has to be more to this story.
Yep, there sure is more. That article does not lay out the actual sting correctly. Check Orlando Sentinel. They actually put $200 in twentys in the nightstand, not on it. She went in, opened the nightstand, and took a twenty. No chance she could mistake it as a tip. She was confronted by Disney security when she left he room, interviewed about her activity and there was enough evidence to charge her with grand theft. She had been under suspicion for some time.

KrzyKtty

Yep, there sure is more. That article does not lay out the actual sting correctly. Check Orlando Sentinel. They actually put $200 in twentys in the nightstand, not on it. She went in, opened the nightstand, and took a twenty. No chance she could mistake it as a tip. She was confronted by Disney security when she left he room, interviewed about her activity and there was enough evidence to charge her with grand theft. She had been under suspicion for some time.
Thank you. That makes a lot more sense!

JIMINYCR

I was about to give her the benefit of a doubt, but the details change everything. :mad: Ive left money out on the dresser for tips and come back finding it still there, so I now leave envelopes marked Mousekeeping Tip. There are many sites found online that you can print out your own Disney decorated tip envelopes.

Just stop tipping, Disney pays them enough already!

Just kidding, I always leave a note with the tip to make sure they don't assume it isn't for them.

I almost missed reading that fine print. ;);)

mousehockey37

This whole deal is just another example of... Real life happens at Disney too. There's no magical dome over the property that keeps all the bad things from happening. Everyone needs to look out for themselves. We had the stroller thing last week and mousekeeping this week.

Disney could very simply have an envelope on the nightstand or something and have it be a dedicated "tip" location. This way it would become a standardized location for mousekeeping to look for it.

Long story short, if you have valuables, make sure they are secured before you leave your room for the day. Simple as that. Common sense really. My how it lacks from people on vacation (and when they aren't as well!).

Communicora

Premium Member
My sister was a housekeeper at a hotel for a short time. Managers were known to steal tips from housekeeping when they went to check on rooms to hand out assignments. Her advice to me was to leave the tip under the pillow. I've done that ever since. No need for a note.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom