1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Most treasured Disney Souvenir?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by SSH, Aug 2, 2016.

1. NonnaT

NonnaT Well-Known Member

I love this! I have to start getting keys!!!

G8rchamps likes this.
  2. seabreezept813

seabreezept813 Well-Known Member

I have a few from our wedding trip. I brought home the bottle of fairytale cuvee, which is now a flower vase on my table. We purchased a sweet painting of Sea Breeze Point/the Boardwalk, which my husband framed for me for Christmas. And the last is my pick-a-pearl necklace I got on the same trip. I wear it all the time!

NonnaT, SSH and G8rchamps like this.
  3. Nausicaä

Nausicaä Member

We often receive the type of energy we put forth into the universe.

NonnaT likes this.
  4. admiral-ari-x

admiral-ari-x Active Member

For me, a family friend of ours gave me a vintage silver Mickey ring from Disneyland when I was very young because I loved Disney so much. I've been meaning to get it appraised! It doesn't fit my fingers anymore but it's really special. Also, my Aladdin and Jasmine sculpture, they're on the carpet flying above the clouds, and there's a little music box that plays "A Whole New World". Reminds me of how Aladdin was my first musical, holds a special place in my heart. All my pins are super special as well.

One last one- My parents forced me onto RnRR back when I was deathly afraid of it, and I cried all 45 minutes of the wait time. :hilarious: We were at the gift shop, and I told my parents that since I was brave, I deserved one of those stupid Mickey antenna headbands. It didn't fit right at all, but I was well on my way to becoming a coaster junkie :D

NonnaT and SSH like this.
  5. aw14

aw14 Well-Known Member

We have so many that it is difficult to specify. However, my Mickey's Gym tank top where Mickey is lifting weights that I got in 1998 is still an old favorite

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Three come to mind for me.

#1 - Davy Crockett racoon-skin cap and Pirates cap-gun musket that fired tiny yellow balls. Both of these were purchased on my first trip to WDW in 1976. It was the summer after 6th grade and I held on to those for many years. So long that my mom finally had to convince me to toss the hat as the fur was falling out. Sadly, the gun also did not make it into my adult years.

#2 - On my first trip to WDW as an adult (circa late 90's), I bought a Goofy ball cap with ears on the side and teeth on the bill. Not the 3D-looking kind they sell today, but similar in appearance. I still have it today. I wear it on our trips. I think it has helped me be picked for Indiana Jones stunt show three trips in a row...

#3 - On our first trip to WDW without kids, my wife and I purchased custom-made tees at one of the shops in Downtown Disney. They both have Mickey and Minnie on the front. My shirt has the caption, "I'll be your Mickey", my wife's has "I'll be your Minnie". We were celebrating our anniversary.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    morningstar, NonnaT and SSH like this.
  7. SSH

SSH Well-Known Member Original Poster

Davy Crockett '****-skin cap and Pirates cap-gun musket that fired tiny yellow balls. Both of these were purchased on my first trip to WDW in 1976.
    I remember seeing a LOT of little boys wearing those hats and carrying those cap guns when I look at historical pics of MK in the early years...both WDW and DL must have made a mint on both items. (Along with the traditional mouse ears and balloons, of course.)

#2 - On my first trip to WDW as an adult (circa late 90's), I bought a Goofy ball cap with ears on the side and teeth on the bill. Not the 3D-looking kind they sell today, but similar in appearance. I still have it today. I wear it on our trips. I think it has helped me be picked for Indiana Jones stunt show three trips in a row...

:joyfull: :joyfull::joyfull:

NonnaT likes this.
  8. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

I bought a black Mickey jacket way back when Reagan was president - and i still wear it now and then!

You are full of wisdom. If my ex would've had such calm insightful mind (she was more of the shallow pretty type) we might've been together still!

Nausicaä, NonnaT and brb1006 like this.
  9. NonnaT

NonnaT Well-Known Member

"Beauty is not in the face, beauty is a light in the heart."
    Kahlil Gibran

Nausicaä and The Empress Lilly like this.
  10. KINGLOUIS1993

KINGLOUIS1993 Active Member

It is a toss up between my first autograph album (2001) or my Pluto stuffed plush.

SSH and NonnaT like this.
  11. JennSmith

JennSmith Well-Known Member

Wait...this is a thing? Still? This sounds awesome! are the attractions you listed the only ones that sell keys in all of WDW? I need this in my life :)

12. Nausicaä

Nausicaä Member

I am sorry to hear that. I know the type all too well myself. :(

NonnaT likes this.
  13. JIMINYCR

JIMINYCR Well-Known Member

I guess my most treasured souvenirs are the Disney Fast Pass tickets from 2008 Year of a Million Dreams. I have all the park passes with all their ride tabs in tact from both WDW & DL. Since the program and passes will probably never be in existence again, they are unique and treasured.

[​IMG]

14. SSH

SSH Well-Known Member Original Poster

Nice!

NonnaT likes this.
  15. morningstar

morningstar Well-Known Member

My Figgy bank. Need to track it down to include it in Tom Bricker's Figment memories quest.

16. morningstar

morningstar Well-Known Member

He has to go.

jensenrick, NonnaT, SSH and 1 other person like this.
  17. KikoKea

KikoKea Well-Known Member

Mine is a silver band with small mickey head cut outs in it- $40 at Mouse Gear. My knuckles had gotten larger and I could not wear my wedding band or engagement ring. We were at WDW for our 30th anniversary and my DH bought it for me. He jokes that the Mickeys look like hearts at first glance. I wore it for over a year as my wedding band, and now have it on a silver chain with an infinity symbol and I don't take it off.

NonnaT, Sans Souci and SSH like this.
  18. Mrhappyplace

Mrhappyplace Well-Known Member

My wife and I have that statue too. It is pretty awesome! Ours was a gift though. :D

[​IMG]

19. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

There are two things that come to mind. One is a souvenir and the other is a picture.
    1. My daughter received her first pin trade with Scoop on Main Street. I don't know if that is a good thing or not because it created an addiction for her. Neither of us knew much about pin trading. She sat there and watched Scoop make trade after trade for about 15 minutes. Never talking, butting in, or anything else. When Scoop was done, he engaged her and told her how well mannered she was. He wound up talking with her for about 10 minutes about pin trading and the only pin she had. Long story short, every minute of that meeting will be a memory along with the special pin she received from him.

2. My DD's first trip and my dad's last. I fought tooth and nail about going but got pressured into it. I think my dad knew it was near the end and why he pushed the issue. DD was only 2 at the time. She got the giggles at one of the stores, I think it was the Pop Century store. My dad started putting on the different silly hats and she just got more giggles with each one. When he put on a pink princess hat, she couldn't stop laughing and we got a great picture of it. Over the next 8 months, he took trips with each of the grandkids and family, then passed away as cancer took over.

20. Captain Barbossa

Captain Barbossa Well-Known Member

Disney pins all the way!!