1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Most treasured Disney Souvenir?

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by SSH, Aug 2, 2016.

1. SSH

SSH Well-Known Member Original Poster

I've never seen the inside of a Contemporary resort room - is this art still there or was that from an earlier time? Did the resort sell these in their gift shop?

2. Courtney6682

Courtney6682 Well-Known Member

My daughter's first Disney t-shirt, purchased on her first trip at 17 mos old in 2001. It's in her baby memory box :inlove:

3. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

4. World_Showcase_Lover007

World_Showcase_Lover007 Well-Known Member

1) I have a Mickey Mouse money clip that I bought in 1997 from a retail shop in Epcot that is no longer there. I don't know why I bought a money clip when I was in the seventh grade, but I did lol. Although a money clip isn't much to get excited about, whenever I look at it, it makes me think of the classic and genuine merchandise that Disney used to sell.

2) I have a glass mug from the Tower of Terror with the large ToT emblem on it that I use as a toothbrush holder. I get to look at it every morning and it makes me think of the parks.

Other than that, the thing that I hold most dear is my nostalgic memories. Nothing can replace them as I constantly remind myself of good times of old and the great times of the future.

5. WhatJaneSays

WhatJaneSays Well-Known Member

I have an Epcot Center pennant with Dreamfinder and Figment from when the ride opened and my original Figment plush.

(I actually have 2 because my Dad forgot to bring it with us one trip. I was apparently very sad and did not want to go on the ride because I was sure Figment would not come out if I didn't have my plush. And I told my parents they should go on the ride without me to say sorry to Figment. I'm sure it made sense to 3-year-old me. Some CMs overheard this and they gave me a new Figment plush.)

6. Schneewittchen

Schneewittchen Well-Known Member

It's the original room art from the 70's. I'm not sure when it was taken down. I believe they were surplussed after a remodel and now you can buy them from other collectors.

If you want new work of a similar type, you can custom order Mary Blair pieces from the Art of Disney stores. I've done that as well.

SSH likes this.
  7. DuckTalesWooHoo1987

DuckTalesWooHoo1987 Well-Known Member

I have a ticket from when I was 9 months old...in 1982 on my first visit. My little boy was 9 months old the first time he got to go as well but my most cherished treasure from him is probably a picture of him in our annual photo pass from DVC where he's finally brave enough to raise his hands on the Mine Train. There's one where he looks petrified but by the end of that particular trip it was like he had "came of age" a little. SO bittersweet though!

Incomudro, NonnaT and SSH like this.
  8. Fletch

Fletch Active Member

Nice, I am not the only one who has this mug. Bought this mug 25 years a go on our honeymoon at some souvenir shop offsite. And for good measure I purchased the Donald version and the Mickey and Minnie "Our love is here to stay" one. As a matter of fact I think its time to get them out of the basement.

NonnaT, SSH and epcotisbest like this.
  9. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Well-Known Member

Cool. I have one more in the box (yeah, they came in little boxes back then) somewhere in our basement. Keeping it for a backup if I ever break this one I suppose. Your other ones sound nice too. I still buy a different cup every now and then. Weird thing to collect, but I like them.

Fletch and NonnaT like this.
  10. KidaniWishes

KidaniWishes New Member

Probably some of my limited edition pins. :geek:

NonnaT and SSH like this.
  11. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

My collection of World Showcase mugs. I always have coffee or tea, and I always use my WDW mugs. I like how I'm never more than an arm's lenght away from something WDW. ^_^
    Two of my favs broke, I'm inconsolable :'(

My pre-opening EPCOT ticket. -_-

My, erm, Ariel pillow. That I use to cry in when my gf is mean to me. :lookarou

NonnaT, Sans Souci, SSH and 1 other person like this.
  12. steviej

steviej Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking of! I have the same thing! love it! Even though I got mine for free when I was a cp

NonnaT likes this.
  13. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

I think they still do...But, they are also selling the DCA Partners statue as well..https://www.disneystore.com/figurin...y-and-mickey-mouse-statue/mp/1319041/1000276/

14. CheerT1

CheerT1 Member

My son's Mickey ears.

LongLiveTheKing and SSH like this.
  15. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

Surprised no one has said that one of their children is their favorite Disney "souvenier". ;)

16. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

All three of the Marie souvenirs I brought from the France Pavilion at Epcot from last year's Senior Trip.

NonnaT and SSH like this.
  17. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

I have a stuffed Figment from probably that same year. I got this at what whatever Downtown Disney was called at that time.

20160806_110044.jpg

NonnaT, brb1006 and Sans Souci like this.
  18. Sans Souci

Sans Souci Well-Known Member

This was mine. I should have posted it earlier. He's a bit like the Velveteen Rabbit. ;)
    image.jpeg

NonnaT and brb1006 like this.
  19. LongLiveTheKing

LongLiveTheKing Well-Known Member

I used to collect maps every year I went to Disneyland because I've always liked navigation, especially through the parks. On my last walk out back to LAX, every time I'd grab a fresh map to take home. Unfortunately, I wasn't content with keeping the maps in mint condition for some asphyxiating papers in a box that I admired but never touched. No, I read through those maps constantly and eventually my collection got so worn and tattered that I had to throw away all but the latest maps. :/

I DEEPLY regret my decision and have started my map collection again, worn maps or not. I might look into lamination or something because I don't want this deterioration to happen again.

SSH and NonnaT like this.
  20. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

This bust of Maleficent and the rainbow pin that I bought the summer I came out
    [​IMG]
    And these neat little cups from the Millennium Celebration I found while antiquing a few years ago in the antique shop downtown
    [​IMG]
    Once I finally get my own place, my Disney collection will grow