Most Embarassing WDW moment

disneydarling09

Original Poster
Alright... we all have one!! im waiting to hear some of yours before i tell mine!! :eek::ROFLOL:

not sure if there is already a thread about this or not.

primetime52

Alright... we all have one!! im waiting to hear some of yours before i tell mine!! :eek::ROFLOL:

not sure if there is already a thread about this or not.

When I was 8 or 9 years old my entire family got caught sneaking into the Yacht/Beach Club pool. You had to be a hotel guest to use it and we were staying at some other hotel. We learned that day why God created those paper wristbands.

Captain Hank

On day, I decided to go back to play in the park after work. I went backstage at the end of my shift, changed out of my costume and into my street clothes and came back onstage. A guest sitting right next to the stage door was wearing a birthday button. Still being in "CM mode," I said "Happy Birthday!" with a huge CM-style smile.

In return, the guest looked at me like "Who the hell are you?"

I started being a lot more careful about getting out of "CM mode" before venturing onstage out of costume.

Jesùs_Carioca

When I was 8 or 9 years old my entire family got caught sneaking into the Yacht/Beach Club pool. You had to be a hotel guest to use it and we were staying at some other hotel. We learned that day why God created those paper wristbands.

Hahahahaha! Maaaan oh man, you really wouldn't know how many memories (oh yes, different occasions and all) that simple story just sparked in my mind with Resort pools :lol:

JeffH

In return, the guest looked at me like "Who the hell are you?"
That's a strange response, I've had many guests (as well as CM) say happy birthday to my darling daughter and us to them while wearing a birthday button, we never thought anything but thank you...

Embarrassment Literally...
I was once on NY Street at MGM when my shorts failed, splitting completely up the back. Luckily we normally bring cushions to sit on so I wrapped myself front and back with the cushions as we walked back to main street to buy a new pair of (my 1st WDW) shorts.

Not us... but once at the fountain play area at Epcot (the one between Future World and the World Showcase), a not so little girl stripped down to her underwear (no top) to play in the fountains. Goofy, who was playing with the kids in the fountain, tried to convince her to get dressed to no avail and left early.

disneydarling09

Original Poster
ok, ill divulge.

i was like 13 or 14 and i was sitting on one of those chain/rope things in lines....my mom kept telling me to stop because i was going to fall..i insisted very loudly that i wouldnt fall and to leave me alone.(mainly because i was a little smart mouth back then...:eek:) no sooner had the words left my mouth that i flipped backwards and landed on my head. Of course i was mortified.... and to make it worse a foreign family close by must have found it hilarious because they actually pointed and laughed...

another time was when i got on rock and roller coaster for the first time and i was seated next to a total stranger and when we took off i somehow reached around and grabbed his hand and held on for the duration of the ride.. when he got off he gave me a look like i was crazy, then proceeded to take his wifes hand and make a quick exit:hammer:

Dwarful

Ok, I have two but I'll try to be quick. Please understand these both happened this past August when I took my daughter's Girl Scout Troop to WDW (from Illinois), this is a mixed group, many had never flown in a plane or even ventured far out of state.

First: We check into All Star Movies Preferred Room. All is going well. On Day 3 "Mom C" meets everyone on the balcony area outside of our rooms at our 7:00am start time. We all walk toward the bus stops. "Mom C" procedes to tell everyone in a loud voice how the Mousekeepers are "out to get her". They keep stealing her Popcorn Light and she had enough of that crap! She called Guest Services and reported those no good mousekeepers! My husband and nephew were about to bust a gut laughing. " Mom & Dad G" were a bit confused and asked what she meant about them stealing her light. "Mom C" explains that in the morning when she leaves her room the Popcorn Light Fixture is displayed above the table and chair. When she and her daughter return to their room at the end of the day...the Popcorn Light fixture is GONE! GONE SHE SAYS...GONE!!!! "Dad G" asks..."how would they put it back if you don't leave the room?" and she says she doesn't know, thats why she is sooo mad,because they have to be sneaking into her room at night while she sleeps to change it back! My husband finally asks her "Do you mean you don't see the Popcorn Box design all the time? Because, you do know, when the light is TURNED ON it won't show the Popcorn Box?"...MomC didn't speak again until we were well into Magic Kingdom...the poor woman is now known as the Mad Porcornian to the girls in the troop. She handles it quite well!

Moment Two took place at Dinner at Tony's in MK. Our group of 36 arrived early for our meal. Our waiter comes to seat us and I immediately see he is from Alton Illinois, our 'hometown'. We are all wearing Cardinals tshirts and he says "GO CARDS" and I shout out "Alton Illinois rocks, whoo hooo" he smiles, assuming I read his name tag, not knowing that all 36 of us are from the Alton area. So I say "Alton High or Marquette?" (two local high schools?) and he says "Alton High class of 82!"so several moms start shouting out their class year. EVERYONE in our group starts talking about Alton /St.Louis landmarks "Bon Aire Tavern", Robert Wadlow, KShe95 real rock radio etc. " This continues THROUGH OUT the entire 1 1/2 hour meal at all 3 of our tables. This waiter was just fantastic, we all had a great time with him. It was like old home week for him and we thought it was cool to run into a home town guy at MK! At the end of the meal he is collecting all the various room keys because we are all on the dining plan and "Mom F" says "OH MY GOD! your from ALTON Illinois! WE are from Alton too!" The waiter looks at the rest of us like "Is this woman for real? has she missed the past 2 hours?" he says to her, "welcome to the Magic Kingdom, I think you will LOVE Fantasyland!"....

looking back, my husband wonders how we survived with our sanity!

ADevereaux

*Blushes furiously in remembrance*

Alright, I'll do it. :eek:

But this one is bad....:brick:Amazing what a cute Frenchman with blue eyes will do to me. :rolleyes: What an idiot I was....:dazzle:

I was in France at EPCOT and waiting in line at the bakery. When we got to the counter, there was a very handsome Frenchman with gorgeous blue eyes. Wanting to hear him speak French, I asked him to tell me I was beautiful in French. :ROFLOL::eek: He was very sweet and did so. Then I was all flustered after that and nervously asked what kind of cream was in the cream puffs. He winked at me and replied in English, "The old fashioned kind..." :ROFLOL::eek:

That was stupidly embarrassing. :hammer:

Gucci65

If you do a search on this topic, you will find another thread.

I know cause I posted about a bra mishap on there!!:ROFLOL:

Adison Belle

Ok, I have two but I'll try to be quick. Please understand these both happened this past August when I took my daughter's Girl Scout Troop to WDW (from Illinois), this is a mixed group, many had never flown in a plane or even ventured far out of state.

First: We check into All Star Movies Preferred Room. All is going well. On Day 3 "Mom C" meets everyone on the balcony area outside of our rooms at our 7:00am start time. We all walk toward the bus stops. "Mom C" procedes to tell everyone in a loud voice how the Mousekeepers are "out to get her". They keep stealing her Popcorn Light and she had enough of that crap! She called Guest Services and reported those no good mousekeepers! My husband and nephew were about to bust a gut laughing. " Mom & Dad G" were a bit confused and asked what she meant about them stealing her light. "Mom C" explains that in the morning when she leaves her room the Popcorn Light Fixture is displayed above the table and chair. When she and her daughter return to their room at the end of the day...the Popcorn Light fixture is GONE! GONE SHE SAYS...GONE!!!! "Dad G" asks..."how would they put it back if you don't leave the room?" and she says she doesn't know, thats why she is sooo mad,because they have to be sneaking into her room at night while she sleeps to change it back! My husband finally asks her "Do you mean you don't see the Popcorn Box design all the time? Because, you do know, when the light is TURNED ON it won't show the Popcorn Box?"...MomC didn't speak again until we were well into Magic Kingdom...the poor woman is now known as the Mad Porcornian to the girls in the troop. She handles it quite well!

I'm confused, sorry! :shrug:

But okay, here's mine:

This past May my two BFF's and I were first in line waiting outside the golden doors of Mickey's Philharmagic to be seated. I had just been to the MK that past December so I had been on MP before, but Kaylee and Patrick had not and I really wanted them to enjoy it. So we agreed that as soon as the doors opened, I would run to the front and save seats in the front row. Keep in mind, I had just turned nineteen about five days before so it wasn't the most mature thing I could have done, but as soon as those doors open, I took off running. When I was almost to the front, this little boy who couldn't have been older than eight tried to dart past me screaming "FRONT ROW! FRONT ROW!" The mature young woman I am turned around screaming "FRONT ROW MY EYE!!!" and took off infront of him, desperate to get the front row. I was so focused on beating him that I failed to pay attention to what was infront of me, tripped over my own feet and crashed into the velvet ropes that seperates the audience from the stage! Everyone in the room stopped rushing and and stared at me with that pained expression you give anyone who looks as if they just seriously hurt themselves. What's worse is the little boy I tried so hard to beat stared at me with the same expression and went "ooo". I stood up, brushed myself off and went "I'm okay" as I walked humiliated to my seat. I was so embarassed!!!

Oh, and just in case you're wondering, yes, we did get front row seats and yes, Kaylee and Patrick did enjoy the show so I guess in the end, it was all worth it!:ROFLOL:

Cmdr_Crimson

I asked Crush if he was related to a Ninja Turtle name Michelangelo (He does sound pretty much like him)...He just had a blank expression and said..."What's a Ninja Turtle?"

dandaman

July 2000. Star Wars Weekends.

I'm in line for... well, either something inside the ABC Theatre or at least around there. I was fairly out in the parade route, I realized after, but they didn't rope off any areas.

So I backed up a few steps quite fast (for some unknown reason)... right into Queen Amidala. :lol:

Don't know why, but that's the one that's stuck with me.

I was walking out of the Mission Space gift shop in a hurry to make my next fastpass time. I thought the glass door was open....but it wasn't. I nearly knocked myself out! Of course for the dozens of people outside that turned to see what the loud crash was, I tried to play it off as if I meant to do it. But my 2 daughters laughing histerically gave me away.

( :brick: <---------me bouncing off door)

Damian31

Not so much embarrasing for me more the CM who got involved and wished he had not.......

Myself and partner recently had our civil ceremony in florida. We walked into the MK both wearing top hats with mickeys ears on (you know the hats newly wed grooms wear). The CM on the turnstile turned to us in a large crowd of people and said "hey guys who got married?", I replied "we did!". He looked at me (now I am heavily tatooed and pierced!!) and then turned to my partner who is an ex doorman, we call them bouncers in the UK (you know the men who stand outside the entrance to nightclubs and throw out wrongdoers!!) He is more heavily tattooed than me, shaved head and mean loooking!!:lol:

The poor CM did not know what to do..... people in the crown laughed and he went bright red. I just patted him on the back as I went past and thanked him for the laugh...he did not look at me and my partner jokingly growled as he walked past him and the guy ran for it!!:ROFLOL:

the-reason14

I'm confused, sorry! :shrug:

But okay, here's mine:

This past May my two BFF's and I were first in line waiting outside the golden doors of Mickey's Philharmagic to be seated. I had just been to the MK that past December so I had been on MP before, but Kaylee and Patrick had not and I really wanted them to enjoy it. So we agreed that as soon as the doors opened, I would run to the front and save seats in the front row. Keep in mind, I had just turned nineteen about five days before so it wasn't the most mature thing I could have done, but as soon as those doors open, I took off running. When I was almost to the front, this little boy who couldn't have been older than eight tried to dart past me screaming "FRONT ROW! FRONT ROW!" The mature young woman I am turned around screaming "FRONT ROW MY EYE!!!" and took off infront of him, desperate to get the front row. I was so focused on beating him that I failed to pay attention to what was infront of me, tripped over my own feet and crashed into the velvet ropes that seperates the audience from the stage! Everyone in the room stopped rushing and and stared at me with that pained expression you give anyone who looks as if they just seriously hurt themselves. What's worse is the little boy I tried so hard to beat stared at me with the same expression and went "ooo". I stood up, brushed myself off and went "I'm okay" as I walked humiliated to my seat. I was so embarassed!!!

Oh, and just in case you're wondering, yes, we did get front row seats and yes, Kaylee and Patrick did enjoy the show so I guess in the end, it was all worth it!:ROFLOL:

LOL, wow. Being 18, I find this one to be the funniest one Ive read yet. I cant think of one of me yet, but if I do, Ill be back.

Grumpy-Fan

16 years ago my First wife and I went there for our honeymoon. The first day there we opted for the MK. I had just purcased A brand new 35mm SLR for the trip.[A very nice one too!]. We walked under the train station and as we emerged A seagull dropped a huge load right on my chest. It got all over my camera and shirt. I went into the first rr I could find and cleaned up as best I could. The camera cleaned up fine but the shirt was another story. I was embarassed so I sent my wife to find me a new shirt.

joshwill

i guess this could have been an embarrassing moment , but i like to think of it as revenge...

let me preface this by saying that i was staying at all-star sports, and for breakfast i had the biscuits and gravy.

anyway, a little after noon, i was waiting on line for splash mountain. the was this young boy with his family right behind me. the child was acting up, bumping into me and those behind them, being very loud and a general pita.

we had gotten to the point where we were going up the stairs and he kept bumping into me. finally, what was the last time he did it, he, being down one step, bumped into be from behind and i let one rip right into his face.

i dont think his parent heard and no one around said anything, but the kid behaved after that.

Grumpy-Fan

i guess this could have been an embarrassing moment , but i like to think of it as revenge...

let me preface this by saying that i was staying at all-star sports, and for breakfast i had the biscuits and gravy.

anyway, a little after noon, i was waiting on line for splash mountain. the was this young boy with his family right behind me. the child was acting up, bumping into me and those behind them, being very loud and a general pita.

we had gotten to the point where we were going up the stairs and he kept bumping into me. finally, what was the last time he did it, he, being down one step, bumped into be from behind and i let one rip right into his face.

i dont think his parent heard and no one around said anything, but the kid behaved after that.
AWESOME!

Charlie Brown

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:Best one yet! (although I liked the tripping one...)

MickeyFan77

My most was actually a result of my husband. He wasn't feeling well when we went to dinner at Tony's so afterwards he went to First aid and got an antacid. Well we were watching the show in front of Cinderella's Castle, he was taping in the back. Well I went to find him afterwards and he was nowhere to be found. Well he had vomited on the lawn at Cinderella's Castle:eek: He then proceeded to go in/out of the RR for about an hour then I told him to go back to the hotel so we could enjoy the rest of the night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom