Most Disappointing Meal in WDW?

juscet

Original Poster
We recently went to WDW in April and went to some amazing restaurants (California Grill, Raglan Road, etc.) while we were there. The one meal we were very disappointed with was at the Restaurant Marrakesh. We thought the service was not all that great, the food was ok and the final price left us feeling like we certainly did not get our money's worth. What were some of your most disappointing meals in WDW (if you had any)?:cool:

mouselvrmom

We actually really enjoyed Marrakesh. I think that it is common for people to experience places on a bad night and then get turned off by them.

For us, we had a bad experience at Alfredo's back when it was still around. Service was not great (although my hubby thought the waiter paid much more attention to me than him-think snl :lol:) and the food tasted like chef boyardee. We also had a bad experience at Ohana's for breakfast. The service was unbelieveably slow. Eventually we'll have to try that one again and I'm sure it will be better.

tooltime

Pecos Bill

hard to believe but the burgers were really...really bad. i had heard so many good things about it and was looking forward to one. but here might be the reason, it was late and they were almost closing, and it was the night of MNSSH

crystal palace breakfast was not really great either.

but a bad meal is the exception at wdw

mouselvrmom

Tony's.

$18 for noodles and ketchup (or is that catsup:shrug:)!?! Never again.

Tony's for us. Bad food overpriced and not great service. Never again.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. We had a bad experience at Tony's as well. I didn't like the food, it was jam packed and the staff was overwhelmed: I overheard an angry guest yelling at a manager about his meal and the manager was trying to explain, it was pretty bad. I don't think we will be trying it again anytime soon.

westie

For me it was Portabello Yacht Club. I had memorized the menu and checked for updates. Get there and its not the same menu. The pasta I ordered was nothing better than I can make at home. So I wasn't impressed. Then when i asked to order a beer off the menu I was told they didn't have it SO I pointed to the guy next to me who had one and, then the waitress had to get an attitude for her not knowing the menu. I don't think I'd eat there again. Disappointed.:shrug:

k.hunter30

Our most disappointing meal on our last visit was lunch at CRT. The food was not very good and the services was TERRIBLE. Though we did have one of the last seatings for lunch, but it still shouldn't be an excuse for such extremely bad service.

mac41099

Raglan Road was pretty bad. I ordered a "special" they had that night and it was worded and sounded great. However, when I got my meal, all it had on the plate was a couple of sliced pieces of baked ham and plain mashed pototatoes. All for the special low price of $18. It was pretty bad. The ham was pretty dry, too.

cococola44

Coral Reef.

I hated my last two dinners there.

I liked it in the 80s when I went with my parents but since then the food has tanked.

Sci-fi dine in was less then satisfaction.

I didn't really like it. The same clips played over and over again. It was pricy for small portions. I had their chicken ceaser salad which came dry...twice. Like rubber.

DizneyPryncess

My family was really excited to eat at the San Angel in Epcot. I'd wanted to eat there for years. It wasn't really what any of us expected, and despite rave reviews from other people, it didn't click with us.

I loved the environment, but was just disappointed with the menu options.

tdonald

I was actually really impressed with Nine Dragons, Restaurant Marrakesh, and Portabello Yacht Club.

Tony's, Crystal Palace, and Coral Reef... not so much. The Plaza Restaurant has sometimes been very good, sometimes mediocre.

Goofy's Girl

I tried the San Angel Inn on my first trip to Disney in 2003. Very disappointed. So I thought I would give it another shot when I went in 2007. Big mistake. Food at Chevy's taste better. I did like the margaritas at San Angel Inn.

Boray

I have to vote for Tony's as well. The first trip with my husband in 1997, we ate dinner at Tony's. It was very good, especially the roasted red pepper and black olive soup we had. Again, we visited in 2001 - not nearly as tasty. The menu was mediocre at best. When my whole family visited in 2003 (13 of us), I thought it would offer the best variety for all of us, and I wanted to give it another chance. Also, it was on the parade route for Spectromagic, so I was hoping to eat on the outdoor patio and watch the parade (we lucked out and they had room for all of us outside). Well, they had a great butternut bisque soup, but other than that, dinner was nothing special. I'm sure it cost us all well over $200 for the meals (thanks for paying, Dad!!!) but it wasn't worth it. I don't think we'll be dining there again. At least not before they vastly improve their menu.

tdonald

I tried the San Angel Inn on my first trip to Disney in 2003. Very disappointed. So I thought I would give it another shot when I went in 2007. Big mistake. Food at Chevy's taste better. I did like the margaritas at San Angel Inn.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention San Angel. It is by far the worst Epcot restaurant. Cantina de san Angel is WAY better.

Eyorefan

Oh, yeah, I forgot. We had a bad experience at Tony's as well. I didn't like the food, it was jam packed and the staff was overwhelmed: I overheard an angry guest yelling at a manager about his meal and the manager was trying to explain, it was pretty bad. I don't think we will be trying it again anytime soon.

I agree about Tony's although, I would say I was turned off more by the other people in the restruant than the food or service. It was late at night, there were A LOT of tired kids and a lot of parents who weren't paying any attention to their kids. The food did not make up for it. Never again!

For a disappointing meal, I would have to say that prize goes to the breakfest we had at 1900 Park Fair. We have been there serveral times for dinner and always had wonderful experiances. For the breakfest though, our waitress brought our drinks once and then disappeared for the rest of the meal. We had to flag someone else down for refills. After we had finished eating, we had seen every charater but Alice, so we waited, and waited... for almost 20 minutes. We told our waitress when she re-appered that we hadn't seen Alice and that we need to go soon because of our flight. She just shurgged her shoulders. I went and found the CM who was helping the characters and explained the situation. She told me we just had to wait. So we left.

I think it was even more frustrating because we had a similar situation happen at the Crystal Palace a few days before, but once we told our waiter, they had a CM come and take us around to meet the Characters. I know that sometimes things just get messed up and everything will not always be perfect so I give most places the benifet of the doubt when things go wrong once or twice. I just felt like at the Crystial Palace they moved quickly to fix the situation, and at 1900 they just didn't care.

k.hunter30

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention San Angel. It is by far the worst Epcot restaurant. Cantina de san Angel is WAY better.
I really liked San Angel when I dined there in 2003. Granted, you won't get "American Mexican restaurant food," but we went there anticipating that and LOVED it.

Cantina has gone way down in quality in the past years IMO. We used to always get the nachos and eat while waiting for Illuminations, but the past two times I've been there they've been terrible.

DisneyGigi

Tony's (twice) and Hollywood & Vine for us. The food on the buffet was so dried out it was not good at all. But the service was great. Our server was very nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom