Most comfortable shoes...

Ember

If there is already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. I just wanted to get some thoughts on what you think are the best types and brands of shoes to wear to Disney. I have been burned in the past and want to get some really good shoes for this trip. Your input would be much appreciated :)

bubbles1812

I
definitely Toms, Sperry's, or Nike Free Run's. I've had great expereinces with all of these mulitple times!

For me no no shoes are: Vans or flip flops

and has anyone else been completely confused and shocked when a woman walks past you with HEELS on?!:confused: I'll never understand that one!
I just came back yesterday from WDW and I cannot tell you how many women I saw in heels. My feet were hurting and I wore tennis shoes every day. I cannot fathom why anyone would put their feet thru that much pain all in the name of lookin cute I guess. Not worth it!

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I
I just came back yesterday from WDW and I cannot tell you how many women I saw in heels. My feet were hurting and I wore tennis shoes every day. I cannot fathom why anyone would put their feet thru that much pain all in the name of lookin cute I guess. Not worth it!
I've seen women in heels also I usually just laugh to myself and smile at my happy comfortable feet that can do an open til close day every day for 11 or 12 days!! Heels $59.99 my crocs 29.99 comfortable happy feet priceless!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

SulleyanBoo

I

I've seen women in heels also I usually just laugh to myself and smile at my happy comfortable feet that can do an open til close day every day for 11 or 12 days!! Heels $59.99 my crocs 29.99 comfortable happy feet priceless!!!!!!!

haha I know I'll NEVER understand that! And confession- I am a VERY girly girl and will put my feet through torture for a night out, special occasion ect for some killer heels

But, Disney World is not one of those things. You can still look really cute in a pair of crocs, sperrys, or Toms. To be honest, I think they look ridiculous in heels at the park..no offense to anyone on here that has ever worn heels to a park. lol

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

I am a Mephisto girl, I sometimes switch off with my Berkinstocks. I can't wear sneakers/tennis shoes my feet get WAY to hot even in the cooler months. DH is a sneaker guy. He was loyal to New Balance but, the sneaker he liked was discontinued. He now wears sketchers or nike.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I don't think the shoes themselves are the issue here-- its YOUR shoes that are well-broken in and that you already feel comfortable in....don't read the namebrands here, then go out and buy a pair the day before you leave, you will still get blisters and have problems. Make sure no matter what you wear that you have already worn them and are comfortable in them -- and for heavens sake, if you aren't comfortable in shoes walking around your neighborhood, certainly don't bring them along to WDW.
The types of shoes totally vary for every person. Some say don't wear flip flops....I wear flip flops 9 months of the year, every day...and I have zero problems with flip flops at WDW -- my comfortable, well-worn-in flip flops that I am very used to. I also bring along sneakers that are comfortable and well-worn in. ALong with several pairs of crewsocks -- not short tennis socks which tend to creap down and cause pain along the back of the shoeline, but crewsocks that don't slip down.
That's about it. As to the person who mentioned the crocs they bought on property -- those seem to be REALLY popular with people, but be careful. Crocs sweat. If you tend to already have sweaty feet, you will be in misery wearing crocs. Some people love them, but they are not for everyone.

Upvote 0

Jo DeVil

On our last trip (we go for 14 nights) I was starting to suffer, I got a pair of Skechers Shape-ups! I don't know if they do tone your butt and legs, but it was like walking on bouncy pillows. They will be come back with me this time, TTFN Jo

Upvote 0

Ember

Original Poster
You guys are amazing! I'm heading to a shoe store this weekend to try on a TON of different shoes. I want to get them now so I have a good bit of time to break them in. I'm def. going to bring my NB because they are broken in, but I also really want to get a comfy sandal for in case it rains or my feet are too hot, which happens a lot.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

As I've said countless times before - Crocs. And please don't listen to people who talk about how ugly they are, they have bunches of new styles, like sneakers and boat shoes.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

As I've said countless times before - Crocs. And please don't listen to people who talk about how ugly they are, they have bunches of new styles, like sneakers and boat shoes.
I purchased a pair in the Animal Kingdom last visit, they look like sandals. Super comfy! As a matter of fact if I see them again over the weekend I will purchase a back up pair.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

WOW..now I'm officaly Sue envious...Im going to await a very thourough trip report once you return
I promise to try. I mean TRY! You know me and trip reports, although this is a short hop I should be able to manage. I will have pics of food, I promise!:D I see it now ...The Vegetarian and Cornivore take DisneyLand...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom