Most boring Illuminations Post Show ever

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I was watching some old videos where you could just walk the world showcase and enjoy the plain sight of the buildings all light up with no other show distractions. Take all the pictures and video possible. I bet it was probably harder to kick out the crowds but what they have now is depressing and boring. Even the laser sequence on Spaceship Earth only lasts thru we go on then all the lights go out.

brb1006

Wait Illuminations had a post show? When did they stop doing this, because when ever Illuminations ends alot of guests start leaving the park.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wait Illuminations had a post show? When did they stop doing this, because when ever Illuminations ends alot of guests start leaving the park.

The lasers stay on, The promise Plays and then Tapestry of nations plays as people leave WS..That's how I rememeber...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You can still walk around, especially if you're at South showcase.

What you actually linked in the second video is actually Illuminations 98 - the whole show - with no fireworks. Very rare. But not a post show. The actual post show starts at 6:13 and lasts just under 4 minutes, similar to today's Promise and Tapestry.

Similarly the first video is only the pavilions lit, the globe projection, and the closing music. Hardly a post "show".

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
You can still walk around, especially if you're at South showcase.

What you actually linked in the second video is actually Illuminations 98 - the whole show - with no fireworks. Very rare. But not a post show. The actual post show starts at 6:13 and lasts just under 4 minutes, similar to today's Promise and Tapestry.

Similarly the first video is only the pavilions lit, the globe projection, and the closing music. Hardly a post "show".
I knew the show had no fireworks but after the show they still kept the buildings light, the post show in that video starts at 6:15 i would love for them to keep the lights on until at least 9:30.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Sadly now they just want you to leave. Park closed.
That would be so cool if they had a pre show at 8:30 to introduce the countries and light them up since the buildings arrant a big part of the show anyway anymore. They really could get away with that now since the lights arrant the main part of the show any more. I miss having that time to see the buildings all light up, they still do but it's not the same since theres so much going on along with it.

Texas84

Honestly, I've never felt rushed getting out of Epcot. Mouse Gears is usually busy after the show.

But if you want to see more of the lights, run the January 5K or 10K.

WDW Monorail

Sadly now they just want you to leave. Park closed.

They tried keeping people around in the past with two presentations of RoE and still do with the after hours package. Keeping most restaurants and shops and a handful of rides open till 11 (for about 1 month), plus production costs for a second RoE did not produce a significant reurn or volume of people deciding to remain in the park.

You can't spin it to say they want people out when Disney clearly made/makes an effort to keep people in and the people still decide to leave.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes you did. Unfortunately, people pay attention to your posts and if people don't know better, unlike myself, they will believe what you say in regards to the park closing.
Seemed to work when the park was open until 11 every day during peak. And showcase opened at 9 every morning. Many moons ago of course.

Last edited:

danyoung56

I love listening to that 1999 loop on my MP3 player, but it's just totally cool when they run it and I can enjoy it while walking around the World Showcase, ready for tonight's IllumiNations!!!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
It seems, since at least last summer, they have been alternating between the original 1999 music loop and the 2004 loop on a nightly basis.
I remember walking into the bathrooms in the Norway pavilion before the pre show music and then walking back out and wondering what year it was and if i was totally loosing my mind. It totally threw me off.

COProgressFan

It's literally what they feel like on the night.

Tonight was 2004 again.

Interesting. Any operational decision as to why that is? Just curious. Or is it really just a case of whatever a particular technician running a control board decides on? If considering the pre-show loop as "part of the show", you would think they'd remain consistent as in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom