Morimoto Asia coming to 'The Landing' district of Disney Springs in 2015

flyerjab

My wife and I are really thrilled about this addition to Disney Springs. I think that the location in the concept art looks very cool both inside and outside. This will be nice to have new additions for dining options, and what they are doing to change DTD to DS looks like it will be a really great place to visit during our trips. It will help make it more of a destination during our trips.

Next Big Thing

So far the tenant list is not disappointing one bit...Now if they would just tell us the other 147 new tenants;)
I expect many of them we won't find out until the Town Center gets under way next year, which will be a big merchandise area and where I expect the rumored Apple Store will go. The Landing is mostly just high-end restaurants, and really, you can only have so many restaurants.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I expect many of them we won't find out until the Town Center gets under way next year, which will be a big merchandise area and where I expect the rumored Apple Store will go. The Landing is mostly just high-end restaurants, and really, you can only have so many restaurants.
Agreed. The names coming out now are for locations that will open next year. Many of the stores in the Town Center area will be the last to open since they have to wait for the garages to start construction.

Next Big Thing

Agreed. The names coming out now are for locations that will open next year. Many of the stores in the Town Center area will be the last to open since they have to wait for the garages to start construction.
I think they once need to wait for the West side garage to start construction, no? Once that garage is open, construction will take up existing parking around that area, leading down to The Landing. Seems like it will be quite the walk once open actually.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think they once need to wait for the West side garage to start construction, no? Once that garage is open, construction will take up existing parking around that area, leading down to The Landing. Seems like it will be quite the walk once open actually.
I'm not sure what the timetable is. Will the West Side garage be large enough? I was assuming they would open the West side garage next month and close the parking lot behind marketplace to start that garage. When that garage is done sometime next summer/fall they would close the parking in the middle and build the Town Center. The Town Center would open last, sometime in 2016.

Next Big Thing

I'm not sure what the timetable is. Will the West Side garage be large enough? I was assuming they would open the West side garage next month and close the parking lot behind marketplace to start that garage. When that garage is done sometime next summer/fall they would close the parking in the middle and build the Town Center. The Town Center would open last, sometime in 2016.
I don't think the garage will be done for next month like they were aiming for. CMs can start parking there Nov 2, but it's still very much a construction zone and still a lot of theming needs to happen. You never know though. I keep hearing it will open piecemeal.

And I guess i'm not 100% on Town Center. I just always assumed after West Side Garage opens, they would start on both the other garage and the Town Center. If they're looking at a Early 2016 opening, it'll be hard for them to wait for the garage to finish to start on Town Center and still be done on time.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Definitely don't see them starting on the Town Center of the other garage until the West Side garage is fully open. It might have enough capacity for them to work on both the Town Center and the East garage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom