More than half of WDW cast members failing to take free bands

wogwog

Original Poster
I am told by a cast member that WDW cast were offered a free band by just ordering one. Less than fifty percent have done so. Guess the hype does not work on them very well. I don't have any real insight as to why but find it interesting.

jakeman

When was the offer extended to CMs, and how many days had passed before this statistic was invented? Could be that over 50% of Cast Members are procrastinators or lazy, like me.
We used to get free stuff all the time as cast member, but if it wasn't attached to your paycheck (back before direct deposit was common) most folks I knew didn't go out of their way to pick it up.

Also, considering that a Magic Band is issued with almost any room reservations (I would guess that includes cast discounted rooms), I don't think it's far fetch to assume that a good chunk of that 50% has made a room reservations in the past 15-ish months.

Or you know...a narrative looking for facts to support it. That's also a good one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We used to get free stuff all the time as cast member, but if it wasn't attached to your paycheck (back before direct deposit was common) most folks I knew didn't go out of their way to pick it up.

Also, considering that a Magic Band is issued with almost any room reservations (I would guess that includes cast discounted rooms), I don't think it's far fetch to assume that a good chunk of that 50% has made a room reservations in the past 15-ish months.

Or you know...a narrative looking for facts to support it. That's also a good one.
It does. I was in a CM room last May and got bands with it.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Yeah, I already had four bands before they started offering one just for being a CM. I believe they started offering them on October 20th, so it hasn't even been that long anyway.

Walter Elias Disney

Once you're part of the cast you have the great opportunity to visit the parks frequently and ride the rides you are determined to conquer. Cast members frequent the parks quite often, but don't rely on scheduling their day around the attractions.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
You would be surprised to find that many CM's don't visit the parks as often as you would think. The novelty can wear off quickly. So maybe many CM's just don't see the need for them.
Well if you keep an eye on the yak, you find out that there are quite a few CMs that really don't like their job given their disdain for guests. My guess is they don't want to spend any more time there then they have to.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I believe you are correct from what I've seen with my DS. I think he had his first MB about 14 months ago, tied to a family resort room. He isn't the type to need to have more of them or go on his 'off' time to go get another one, let alone order one. He will go as long as he possibly can not to go to casting for anything. He even went back to using a very old name tag from when he was a CP long ago when his broke. His MainGate pass got damaged and it took him a long time to get it replaced, fellow CMs as it wouldn't swipe would just tell him he needed to get it replaced soon and let him in. The problem with miles and miles of Disney territory to travel to when you need to go get something on your own time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom