More photos of Disney's Art of Animation Resort...

MarkTwain

Part of me is able to look at this and understand what Disney is doing, with creating a more kid-focused decor with an emphasis on the characters and images of the respective films... and the other part of me is looking at the classier (but still very in-theme) decor of rooms in hotels like Wilderness Lodge, AK Lodge, or even Port Orleans Riverside, and wondering what WDI is smoking these days. :veryconfu

The exterior facades and landscaping look like they will be the most promising of any of the values so far. But to me it seems like an insult to the intelligence of the adults paying for the stay to have the interiors decorated like a daycare. It just seems garish and gaudy...

Just because a room is themed to the Lion King doesn't mean you need to have a giant Pumbaa on the shower curtain. :lookaroun

jt04

Considering this resort is designed for young families rather than an older crowd I think this looks nearly perfect.

I am starting to believe empathy is learned because that is the only explanation for so many being completely devoid of it.

If you don't like the theming perhaps this is not the resort for you. If you can't appreciate this there are plenty of low rent motels in on 192 with there own special theming such as Florida 'wildlife' that crawls up the walls :eek: and makes you think you are outdoors and part of nature.

PS - this is not aimed at any particular poster. Just a reaction to the overall tone of the thread.

bearboysnc

The Nickalodeon hotel near Universal boasts and extremely high occupancy rate. If you don't like these hotels... there is a young family who will find them magical. Shame on all you "debbie downers".

ChrisM

They are not a "pox" on humanity, that is an immature opinion.

If that is all you can afford to stay on property, the values are just fine....

An immature post, perhaps, as what I wrote was almost guaranteed to be taken as personally offensive by any number of readers. But an immature opinion? No. Said opinion has been cultivated over many long years of travel and thousands of hotel stays.

The Value resorts (and the Dining Plan in many circumstances) also represent an intentional down-market move on the part of Disney. And while this move is celebrated by the hundreds of thousands, I find those plaudits just as offensive as you no doubt find my derision of those resorts to be.

Join me, my offense taking brother. We can all have a big "I'm so offended by your opinion" party.

ryanduggers

An immature post, perhaps, as what I wrote was almost guaranteed to be taken as personally offensive by any number of readers. But an immature opinion? No. Said opinion has been cultivated over many long years of travel and thousands of hotel stays.

The Value resorts (and the Dining Plan in many circumstances) also represent an intentional down-market move on the part of Disney. And while this move is celebrated by the hundreds of thousands, I find those plaudits just as offensive as you no doubt find my derision of those resorts to be.

Join me, my offense taking brother. We can all have a big "I'm so offended by your opinion" party.

Stupid is as stupid does.....

I don't really care who you think you are, or what you have done, for many people it is a good option. Can you honestly pick out who stayed where in the parks? I have talked to people who were staying at the Comtempory who dressed like bums.

PS I don't use the Dining Plan, but that is my choice.

danstadnik

Its Walt Disney WORLD, and they wanna try to satisfy as many people in the WORLD as possible.
They're not closing down the Contemporary or Grand Floridian or whatever your fave resort is to open this. This seems to be more in competition with Nickelodeon Suites and other off property family friendly spots.
And families with toddlers/ elementary school aged kids will love this. So the daycare setting is an appropriate description. We usually stay at POR and my kids have NEVER cared about the theming there but they would love this! (although they may be starting to outgrow those feelings by 2012...:shrug:)

Kristamouse

I'm assuming you mean ASMusic... the family suites are only located at ASMu!

Most people are assuming that the price of these suites will probably be similar to what you will be paying for the suite over at ASMu. I guess time will tell...

Yes...at Music...Hope the prices are close, like to have more options for my family, since most resorts are out for us do to our size:)

H2Opolo15

Definitely not for me. I would like my resort to be a break from the craziness of the parks, and this place is just ridiculous! I simply don't like the pictures that are just plastered on the facades... I think they tried a little too hard.

sksowell

I have to agree with those that said they hope the reality is better than the concept art in this case. These look really cheesy and just thrown together like a child’s bed room. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

JEANYLASER

I have to agree with those that said they hope the reality is better than the concept art in this case. These look really cheesy and just thrown together like a child’s bed room. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

so will I sksowell it will be interesting to see the finished product in 2012!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom