More families of autistic kids sue Disney parks

BuzzKillington

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
That is 100% false! My heart goes out to those children who have severe autism as well as their parents because the GAC was so beneficial to them given their child’s inability to understand. It is the parents who have children with mild-sensory processing disorders who are milking the system (and ultimately ran the GAC into the ground through overuse) who I dislike.

These parents have no idea what it is to have a truly disabled child and the daily struggles that accompany them, let alone knowing that your child will never grow up to experience basic life missions like being in the boy/girl scouts, play organized sports, go to college, live on their own, get married or have a family.

Instead of these parents abusing a system set up for the truly disabled (after stealing it from them), they should use Disney and all of its multisensory challenges to help their children overcome their oversensitivity and temperament issues and become productive members of society like Mozart, Thomas Jefferson, Einstein, Stanley Kubrik and Bill Gates did.

You have nothing to contribute to these conversations. All you're doing is spreading hate. Go elsewhere.

arko

That is 100% false! My heart goes out to those children who have severe autism as well as their parents because the GAC was so beneficial to them given their child’s inability to understand. It is the parents who have children with mild-sensory processing disorders who are milking the system (and ultimately ran the GAC into the ground through overuse) who I dislike.

These parents have no idea what it is to have a truly disabled child and the daily struggles that accompany them, let alone knowing that your child will never grow up to experience basic life missions like being in the boy/girl scouts, play organized sports, go to college, live on their own, get married or have a family.

Instead of these parents abusing a system set up for the truly disabled (after stealing it from them), they should use Disney and all of its multisensory challenges to help their children overcome their oversensitivity and temperament issues and become productive members of society like Mozart, Thomas Jefferson, Einstein, Stanley Kubrik and Bill Gates did.

Never have I said that my son should get more, the only person saying that is you. Every family that has been touched by a disability has to struggle more than the average family and some families have a much harder struggle than others.
I am not going to bore you with our struggles, because I am sure they don't live up to your lofty standards.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Why don't people just ignore the obvious troll? Everytime you feed it, the thread goes the same direction and gets locked.
I would say when he stops posting success will be gained. Unfortunately though, he's on at least his third account. So it's an ongoing process....

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just an update to this moldy old thread, one of the 16 cases has been decided:

“The Clerk is directed to enter judgment providing that Plaintiff shall recover nothing on his claims and that Defendant shall recover costs from Plaintiff,” U.S. District Judge Anne Conway ordered on Thursday, granting Disney’s motion for summary judgment and closing plaintiffs A.L. and D.L.’s case

http://deadline.com/2016/04/disney-...n-americans-with-disabilities-act-1201746416/

Bairstow

Just an update to this moldy old thread, one of the 16 cases has been decided:

“The Clerk is directed to enter judgment providing that Plaintiff shall recover nothing on his claims and that Defendant shall recover costs from Plaintiff,” U.S. District Judge Anne Conway ordered on Thursday, granting Disney’s motion for summary judgment and closing plaintiffs A.L. and D.L.’s case

http://deadline.com/2016/04/disney-...n-americans-with-disabilities-act-1201746416/

I'll bet Disney's costs are going to be non-trivial.
This may chill things for a while.

fosse76

I have an autistic brother, we've used GAC and DAS... GAC was obviously more convenient, but all of our concerns were alleviated with the DAS. If anything, it has been more difficult to use Universal's system.

Just curious as to how. My understanding is that it is essentially the same as Disney's, except that the wait time is about 15 minutes shorter at Universal than at Disney.

mimitchi33

I had no trouble using this system on my vacation. I have arthritis as Asperger's syndrome and find it very hard to wait in lines. When we went there, the system was very easy. We only used it for one ride, however: Seven Dwarves Mine Train, since our Fastpasses were for 9:00PM. I only see a use for the DAS in a situation like this, as we were able to do a lot with the rides we had Fastpass+ for and the rides with short waits like Nemo and Philharmagic (which I rode twice).

MarkTwain

I'll bet Disney's costs are going to be non-trivial.
This may chill things for a while.

I'm glad Disney followed through with this. I work a lot with ADA and I can't believe the plaintiffs thought they even had a case... I wonder if they were hoping for a settlement. I agree that this result should deter lawsuits for awhile.

Last edited:

Unplugged

Finally an unsuccessful plaintiff pays precedent perhaps we will join rest of western world and curb lawsuit abuse and lawfare
I agree with you, but your optimism makes you the Bernie Sanders of this thread! Not talking politics, just making light of the optimism in the face of our nation's nonsensical use of the legal system as compared to the Senator's track record as the underdog against the nonsensical proposals he votes against.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom