1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

More Classy Behavior of Guests at Disney

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Sonconato, May 18, 2017.

1. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

I can't take anyone seriously who think alcohol should be banned at Disney. Kindly invent a time machine and go back to the prohibition era. Good grief

littleroo and nickys like this.
  2. Raineman

Raineman Well-Known Member

So what you are suggesting is similar to Prohibition-cause that worked really well. If you completely ban something, that's when the organized crime element gets involved, which is why Prohibition failed. Ban alcohol across the board in the US, then people are getting it illegally, then you would have the prison system full of not only people who choose to ingest the smoke from certain plant material, but also people who choose to drink fermented grains and fruits. Strictly regulating the sale and use of such things is a good idea, but even requiring people to have a license to buy alcohol? If you go down that road, where do you stop? As I mentioned, it will still not stop people from getting it. As far as alcohol in WDW, there does need to be more control, and quicker and harsher reactions to overindulgence-anyone that causes a problem while intoxicated at WDW should be forcefully removed, and banned for life, no question.

superchc80, GholsHost and Smiley/OCD like this.
  3. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

WAIT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MAGIC KINGDOM NEEDS, A SPEAKEASY!

4. Mr Ferret 88

Mr Ferret 88 Resident "and onion" of the boards Premium Member

But Disneyworld wasn't around during prohibition so how does this help ?

Sonconato and Victaman like this.
  5. larandtra

larandtra Active Member

Silly to suggest removing alcohol. Alcohol is not the issue. Some people, a minority in fact, dont know how to handle it. I go to F&W, F&G, and the lounges and bars at Disney all the time. I really would like to see all of the "falling down" drunks people claim to be seeing. Even at F&W in my multiple visits, I may have seen 2 or 3 people beyond where they should be. In all cases, someone said something to a CM and it was resolved ( someone got removed, WOW, novel concept). But Ive seen more drunks in a typical shopping mall on a Friday. I asked several friends who live in Orlando and go to F&W once a week or more during season and they even said the talk of the drunks at Epcot is overblown. So while this incident is pretty sad and not cool, it is not typical of people who consume alcohol at Disney so quit assuming it is.

6. networkpro

networkpro Well-Known Member

As soon as you take a controlling interest in DIS, you'll be able to impose your standards as you see fit in the Parks.

Sonic Sunglasses likes this.
  7. networkpro

networkpro Well-Known Member

Then ban sugary drinks and treats for anyone below the age of 21 to remedy this ?

This alcohol discussion is inane based upon the presumption that prescriptive regulation can correct behavioral deficits.

Sonic Sunglasses likes this.
  8. AJH219

AJH219 Well-Known Member

It rids the present day of people who are stupidly anti-alcohol.

9. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

This totally sums up my sentiments. I go to the F&W every year, and yes, occasionally someone will be "overserved". But it's rare - most folks (like me) like to sip some wine, get a nice buzz, and enjoy the vibe of the place. The last thing I'd ever do is interfere with someone else, whether alcohol is involved or not.

10. RustySpork

RustySpork Well-Known Member

Being drunk at Epcot is not rare, I see it all the time. I don't have a problem with it though as long as they're happy drunks.

bethymouse, littleroo and Smiley/OCD like this.
  11. thomas998

thomas998 Well-Known Member

Well if the goal is to save human lives prohibition was a success. The number of deaths from alcohol during that time was significantly lower than it was pre-prohibition and post-prohibition even when you factor in death from organized crime related to trafficking in alcohol. Most people don't realize that because the focus way to much on things like Capone.

The reality is we already regulate alcohol by the fact that you have to be a certain age to buy it. Yes sometimes people underage still manage to get it but it stops a substantial number from drinking and that is exactly what having a license would do reduce the number of idiots that can't handle alcohol from being able to drink. It would also make it easier for places like Disney or airline because at the moment people serving be it a cast member or flight attendant are in a very difficult position.. They might think a customer has had to much to drink but they know they are risking complaints and their job if they don't serve them.

And yes it would be nice if Disney would ban someone drunk in the parks for life but if that were the case the food and wine festival would be much less crowded today as a huge number of people that go each year would be banned by now.

Sonconato likes this.
  12. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with this.

SeanWM48 and RustySpork like this.
  13. DuckTalesWooHoo1987

DuckTalesWooHoo1987 Well-Known Member

It's not about prevention. It's about procedure. I'm saying there should be a blanket policy of zero tolerance as opposed to walking people back to their rooms when they're clearly out of control. Public Intoxication is Public Intoxication no matter where it's at. If someone is intoxicated and all you do is throw them out of the park you've not really done anyone a service since that person might then go back to their car and kill someone. There is an actual element of danger when alcohol is involved. More people were killed last year by drivers under the influence of alcohol as opposed to those under the influence of sugar and caffeine. That's honestly just a guess. I admit that. But I'm guessing it's a pretty good one. If Disney had a policy of zero tolerance in place then people could be sure what would happen to them for engaging in such stupidity.

14. Jim S

Jim S Member

Disney was built on conservative family values and that is not Iger or the current leadership's direction. Alcohol should not be a part of the MK and this is from a guy who likes beer at the proper time and place-just not at MK.

Victaman and Chef Mickey like this.
  15. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Or a saloon. Wouldn't it be great if they had some kind of big hall with an old time Wild West show with piano players and dancing girls... oh, wait...

RustySpork likes this.
  16. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

Penalizing the majority for the abuses of a small minority happens at WDW all of the time. Selfie sticks (although I hate them is just one example but there are many). Alcohol has no place at WDW period IMO but I don't think it should be banned. It is part of our culture to have we with dinner, a beer with pals etc... I don't use any mind altering substance and certainly wouldn't if I was paying a bundle for a Disney vacation but that's just me.

Smiley/OCD likes this.
  17. DuckTalesWooHoo1987

DuckTalesWooHoo1987 Well-Known Member

They could even call it The Blackjack Ballroom. I'm sure all of my fellow true fanboys on here will know what that is in reference to. LOL!

18. Mickey5150

Mickey5150 Well-Known Member

Why not just ban all alcohol, let's try prohibition again.

littleroo likes this.
  19. csmat99

csmat99 Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with alcohol. He probably didn't even buy the beer at Disney probably bought 6 pack at 7/11 and brought it in. This is kind of person that would find a way to drink no matter what. Once again people want to act like Disney is pushing alcohol like it's vegas and selling beer tubs, having bikini clad shot girls and 72 oz frozen margaritas.

20. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Cheers to that, mate!