More Classy Behavior of Guests at Disney

POLY LOVER

It's amazing someone see something they feel is wrong and the over reaction begin. Ban it, stop it, they should shut it down. Take a deep breath you are going to encounter a bad experience now and then , let's not punish or make generalization. Relax !!!! With all due respect. I don't even drink.

Ralphlaw

I think rather the reverse.

I strongly disagree. Rarely do I see pot smokers whose lives are in order and pretty good. What I tend to see instead from pot smokers are frequent job changes, delinquent bills, evictions, criminal cases, and child support actions because they just can't seem to hold down a job.

In most cases, marijuana dealers end up providing lengthy lists of their customers. The first thing that happens when a drug dealer is arrested is that their phones are checked for any numbers in and out for calls and texts. The police then determine who those numbers belong to, and compile a nice list of the people who bought from that dealer. With rare exception, virtually every person on those lists have legal problems of their own that are in large part attributable to the marijuana use: divorces, child support actions, evictions, bill collections, criminal cases, etc . . . Yes, some may be appear to be living solid lives in nice neighborhoods, but dig a little deeper and you'll find plenty of legal problems in their lives. Again, often the wife/girlfriend will be working hard to keep things afloat, but the using husband/boyfriend is constantly coming up short. You see this sort of thing a few hundred times in the court system, and you can't help but note a trend.

You don't see the Disney vacation demographic on this list. Which ties in to the assertion that banning alcohol on property may end up resulting in the use of other drugs instead.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I strongly disagree. Rarely do I see pot smokers whose lives are in order and pretty good. What I tend to see instead from pot smokers are frequent job changes, delinquent bills, evictions, criminal cases, and child support actions because they just can't seem to hold down a job.

In most cases, marijuana dealers end up providing lengthy lists of their customers. The first thing that happens when a drug dealer is arrested is that their phones are checked for any numbers in and out for calls and texts. The police then determine who those numbers belong to, and compile a nice list of the people who bought from that dealer. With rare exception, virtually every person on those lists have legal problems of their own that are in large part attributable to the marijuana use: divorces, child support actions, evictions, bill collections, criminal cases, etc . . . Yes, some may be appear to be living solid lives in nice neighborhoods, but dig a little deeper and you'll find plenty of legal problems in their lives. Again, often the wife/girlfriend will be working hard to keep things afloat, but the using husband/boyfriend is constantly coming up short. You see this sort of thing a few hundred times in the court system, and you can't help but note a trend.

You don't see the Disney vacation demographic on this list. Which ties in to the assertion that banning alcohol on property may end up resulting in the use of other drugs instead.
Must be the people you hang with/ live near as i know a large amount of people who use recreationally and still live full and productive lives. Hold down steady jobs and their children are just fine. In my experience it is the minority that cause the problems. And for the record, no i have never done any. Nor am interested.

danyoung56

Ralphlaw, I'm not going to hijack this thread any more than it's already been hijacked with a prolonged discussion on the subject of herbology. But I will say that your experience and mine vastly differ. It seems to me that your opinion is greatly colored by the line of work you do, and by the people you come in contact with. I have known many people over the years who "properly" use substances (including alcohol and pot) - who aren't deadbeats, who aren't behind on their child support checks, who can hold a job. From my experience, the use of substances is totally responsible. From your viewpoint, it's not. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Congratulations on being an herb smoker who:

1. Is not a leech off his parents.
2. Is not a leech off his wife or girlfriend.
3. Is not living off family money.
4. Is not living off a gift job at a family business.
5. Is not behind in child support.
6. Is not sitting on a couch all day.
7. Is not couch-surfing at the homes of friends and relatives.
8. Is not eating chips all day.
9. Is not emotionally detached.
10. Is not too selfish to plan a great Disney vacation with the family.

Yes, you would be the first, and I congratulate as the exception to so many of the stereotypes that I have been seeing in court since 1991. Meanwhile, those who fit the stereotype outnumber you by about 100 to 1.

Relevant.

39.jpg

Ralphlaw

Absolutely. Medical marijuana is a whole different issue, which few people that I know and respect would oppose. I agree that the FDA has dragged its feet far too long on assessing the legitimate potential medical benefits of marijuana use for people with certain medical conditions. But the above child does not in any way resemble the chain gang of habitual pot users who grace thousands of courtrooms throughout the country.

I don't think I'd want to smell the sweet perfume of cannibus at WDW. It will not enhance my vacation. I also don't think I'd want to ride in a bus or monorail driven by someone who had recently lit up.

Yup, hijacked thread, but I believe the vast majority of states still hold recreational pot use to be illegal. Selling it in most states is still a felony that is enforced. Personally, I try to stay away from crimes in my life, especially when I continually see the very real deadhead detachment that habitual users seem to end up with, including Woody Harrelson.

I've also never heard anyone say, "My life was going in the wrong direction and things were a mess, but then I picked up a pot habit and everything got better." And no parent ever said, "My son just picked up a pot habit, and I couldn't be prouder."

Anyhow, jerks with strollers need to be banned from WDW to some degree, whether drunk or not. Anyone disagree with that? Didn't think so.

Last edited:

Sonic Sunglasses

Anyhow, jerks with strollers need to be banned from WDW to some degree, whether drunk or not. Anyone disagree with that? Didn't think so.
Other side of the coin: try pushing a wheelchair through MK. It is virtually impossible to navigate through a crowd without some lookie-loo wobbling in front of you without warning. Of course, it's your fault if their ankles get clipped. Sorry, my wife requires a wheelchair and I can't push her and walk for you at the same time. Have a magical effing day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom