More additions to Disney's Polynesian Resort confirmed, including a hot tub and new Pineapple Lenai

baymenxpac

It better be adults only! Kids don't need to be in hot tubs!

i don't think it has to be kids only. the onus is more on the parents to exercise some discretion/have responsibility for the kid's behavior. it's probably not safe for a very young child to be in there at all. it's especially not safe for kids to treat it like a kiddie or regular pool (i once saw kids take turns doing running cannonballs in one at old key west). but if a well-behaved kid wants to go in and sit with his mom or dad, i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

MonorailMan

Or a good compromise to not allowing any kids versus allowing anyone would be to put a sign by the hot tub that reads something like "Children under age 18 may not use the hot tub without a parent or guardian in the hot tub too..."

TP2000

Public hot tubs gross me out, I barely let my friends in mine. But I am a bit of a germ freak.

It's not just you, I'm the same way. My pool has been there showing off since the home was built in the 1960's, but when I added a hot tub 10 years ago it was built on the side of the house off my bedroom patio so that party guests or neighbors wouldn't assume it's for their use or for sharing.

Communal hot tubs at big hotels creep me out.

MonorailMan

My 11 year old loves hot tubs. He was a little taken aback by the tipsy big chested woman who fell on him in a hot tub on a cruise, though. :eek:
I feel so sorry for your 11 year old...

My theory on hot tubs for adults only comes from my experiences with kids in hot tubs... A hot tub is a place for people to relax, and NOT for kids to use as a splash zone. And the only way to combat the problem of immature kids in a hot tub is just ban all kids! Yes, it does negatively affect the kids who can behave in a hot tub, but this is a solution that will make most people happy who don't want to deal with the annoying, splashing kids in a hot tub.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That's just what he told you. Secretly, he probably loved it. :joyfull:

:hilarious: I was next to him. The look of horror :jawdrop: was genuine. The woman who fell was so offended by the look on Aaron's face the she asked him for a kiss (on the cheek) to make her feel better. At that point, he looked like this :hungover:, and I heroically stepped in and gave the woman a kiss (on the cheek) and helped her out of the hot tub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom