Monorail Update January 2015

dstrawn9889

i was under the impression that express will be full loop... otherwise, why bother. it takes 3-4 trains to make the capacity of the two ferries running, one monorail on the express beam would never be feasable

Creathir

i was under the impression that express will be full loop... otherwise, why bother. it takes 3-4 trains to make the capacity of the two ferries running, one monorail on the express beam would never be feasable

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone thinks Express will not be a full loop, just not stopping (as it never does) at Poly and GF.

You can have more than 2 trains with the loop. Just back and forth means only one train.

MaryJaneP

How then do you get from GF to Contemporary ? Or access BLT ?

As has been stated, you could ride resort beam monorail to MK and switch to express beam monorail at MK that will access CR or simply walk from MK to CR or BLT (since you will have to walk from CR to BLT if that is your destination). You could also ride watercraft. Several choices exist.

Interesting that Resort Beam normally runs clockwise (not so in shuttle mode) and Express Beam normally runs anti-clockwise. Thus a guest from Poly could go clockwise from Poly, thru GF, stop at MK on Resort Beam, and then anti-clockwise on Express Beam from MK, thru GF, thru Poly, stop at TTC, stop at CR. Hope the AC works.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Huh? How do these trains pass each other on the same beam?
They wouldn't. Train A would pull into the Magic Kingdom, unload, and pull forward out of the block. Train B would pull into the Magic Kingdom, unload, load and head back to the Grand Floridian. Train A would then pull into the Magic Kingdom, load, and head back to the Grand Floridian. At the Transportation and Ticket Center, Train B would arrive first, unload, and pull forward out of the block. Train A would pull into the Transportation and Ticket Center, unload, load, and head back to the Polynesian and so on.

Rob562

I'm not sure WDW would want to risk another accident involving two trains running towards one another on a single beam given the most recent accident.

Now, if they could somehow couple two trains together nose-to-nose to create a double-length train under a single control, that might work... ;)

Something like that happened here in Boston on the commuter rail. The line my bf rides out to my place had numerous delays with at least four trains running behind schedule (not sure if if was due to weather or equipment issues). Somewhere along the way they coupled one train set onto the back of the one in front of it. But the combined train was too long for the station platforms so the first half stopped in the station, let people out, and then it all moved up so they could disembark the second set of cars.

Was one heck of a headscratcher because at first I didn't notice the length of the train. So when the first half started to pull away there was a passenger car...a car...a car...a car...another engine???...another car...yet another car...Whaaaa? ;)

-Rob

joelkfla

95% of the year they run 2 trains. The exceptions are Fourth of July, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, and marathon weekend. That is why I am assuming 2 trains.
I've seen 3 trains on the beam on many Food & Wine weekends ... I think on Flower & Garden weekends, as well.

I counted 5 on this year's Marathon morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom