Monorail Update January 2015

dstrawn9889

• Monorails on the Resort beam will stop at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only.
  • Monorails on the Express beam will stop at the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort.
I'm confused. Will the resort beem just go back and forth between the poly and GF? Or also MK and TTC?
how is this hard? it goes from the poly to the GF to MK and Back to GF and Poly, one train back and forth

BrianV

how is this hard? it goes from the poly to the GF to MK and Back to GF and Poly, one train back and forth

Because it says that it only goes to the poly and gf. No mention of MK. Who would want to go just from the poly to gf? That was my confusion.

Since added that it will go MK as well. No confusion now.

Monorail_Red_77

It's been operating for a while now.

I might add that I last used the ferry with the dual docks in use on Jan 13th. Man was it a people eater. At MK closing there was a large queue with ropes outside the ferry covered queue, wrapping back and forth underneath the monorail beams and only had about a 10 minute wait. On the other hand the monorail express also had a large roped queue and had over a 25 minute wait. I must say though the monorail queue was at least twice the size of the ferry queue.

Figment2005

Why not just shut it down at that point? I can't imagine there's significant demand for that - busses should be able to handle that, no?
Yes, the busses could, but you have no idea how much kickback we receive when the monorail is closed. This, although maybe slower, still gives the monorail resort guests, the option of a monorail.

Figment2005

I might add that I last used the ferry with the dual docks in use on Jan 13th. Man was it a people eater. At MK closing there was a large queue with ropes outside the ferry covered queue, wrapping back and forth underneath the monorail beams and only had about a 10 minute wait. On the other hand the monorail express also had a large roped queue and had over a 25 minute wait. I must say though the monorail queue was at least twice the size of the ferry queue.
The monorails are popular. In all honesty, all things equal, the boats needed the second dock to even compete with the monorail throughput.

Figment2005

The Resort Monorail will also stop at MK.

The line that doesn't make sense to me say's that resort guests traveling to Epcot have two options, the first being they can take a train to TTC and then transfer to Epcot. This to me seems to imply that The Resort line will also stop at TTC. So that would make the Resort line TTC to MK stopping at Poly & GF and Express TTC to MK stopping at Cont.
They would have to either take the easy bus, or transfer to the express at the MK.

Creathir

My guess is both express and resort will stop at MK & TTC.

Express will be servicing contemporary while resort will not be.

I'm guess there is maintained on the portion of the resort beam around the CR.

JohnD

Well, because it could be interpreted in two ways. 1) Like you said. Poly-->GF-->MK-->GF-->Poly (back and forth) or 2) Poly-->GF-->MK-->Poly (complete clockwise circle).

One could ask the same question of the currently so-called "Express". 1) TTC-->CR-->MK-->CR-->TTC (back and forth) or 2) TTC-->CR-->MK-->TTC (complete counterclockwise circle).

I assume, in both cases, it's #1.

RSoxNo1

Yes, the busses could, but you have no idea how much kickback we receive when the monorail is closed. This, although maybe slower, still gives the monorail resort guests, the option of a monorail.
I understand that. My question was assuming that the resort monorail was only connecting GF and Poly.

Rob562

Well, because it could be interpreted in two ways. 1) Like you said. Poly-->GF-->MK-->GF-->Poly (back and forth) or 2) Poly-->GF-->MK-->Poly (complete clockwise circle).

One could ask the same question of the currently so-called "Express". 1) TTC-->CR-->MK-->CR-->TTC (back and forth) or 2) TTC-->CR-->MK-->TTC (complete counterclockwise circle).

I assume, in both cases, it's #1.

Since the problem that is pushing them to this is apparently involving the roof over the Resort beam inside the Contemporary, I'm thinking that there will be absolutely no trains passing through that section of track during the times stated. They'll need to set up scaffolding, ladders, plaster work, utility work, etc. Presumably the Resort beam in and near the Contemporary station will be totally powered down.

-Rob

Figment2005

My guess is both express and resort will stop at MK & TTC.

Express will be servicing contemporary while resort will not be.

I'm guess there is maintained on the portion of the resort beam around the CR.
Nope, TTC and Contemporary will not be stops during the modified operation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom