Monorail Update January 2015

PirateFrank

From what I've heard, express will be stopping in the contemporary.

Also, the pilots will be driving the shuttle monorail from one cab, so they will be in reverse (with a spotter in the other cab) for one direction. Since there will be no other monorails on that beam, I think they've decided it will be safe.

Thanks for the update!

prberk

During the Destination D: Disney Rewind event at the Contemporary in November, the Express Train stopped for pickup to the MK during the 2 hour lunch break. There were hundreds in line for the monorail during the break, which is why, I assumed, that they were doing this. They simply opened two gates in the queue, along the express beam. I believe only two trains stopped and the backlog of guests was gone. This was truly the best guest service I've seen at WDW in years.

Of course the D23 folks paid handsomely to be there for that event, some even $1,000 for "all access," and most spent a lot of money on everything even with a general admission ticket. So, they should been given special treatment.

I do have to say that there are many people, my mother being one of them, who would NEVER choose to walk when the monorail is available, even if it does take longer on the monorail. She would MUCH rather relax and ride than to hoof it anywhere!

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

If memory serves, loading platform at Contemporary (there is only 1) is reached by either escalator (ambulatory guests) or elevator (ambulatory challenged guests). Railing currently has both directed only to resort beam side. However, if railing were to be reconfigured to direct guests to express beam side, it seems possible that both escalator and elevator access will be re-directed. Thus there could be elevator access to express beam side of loading platform. Whether any of this will happen is the question yet to be answered when/if resort access to Contemporary is halted for rumored construction/repair work. While many (us included) enjoy riding as opposed to walking, here's hoping that riding something is an option.

BrianV

• Monorails on the Resort beam will stop at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only.
  • Monorails on the Express beam will stop at the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort.
I'm confused. Will the resort beem just go back and forth between the poly and GF? Or also MK and TTC?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Will the Resort monorail still go to the Magic Kingdom as well as the Poly and Grand Floridian?

• Monorails on the Resort beam will stop at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort only.
  • Monorails on the Express beam will stop at the Magic Kingdom, Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Contemporary Resort.
I'm confused. Will the resort beem just go back and forth between the poly and GF? Or also MK and TTC?

Resort is going to go between Poly, GF and MK only.

Last edited:

s8film40

Resort is going to go between Poly and GF only.
The Resort Monorail will also stop at MK.

The line that doesn't make sense to me say's that resort guests traveling to Epcot have two options, the first being they can take a train to TTC and then transfer to Epcot. This to me seems to imply that The Resort line will also stop at TTC. So that would make the Resort line TTC to MK stopping at Poly & GF and Express TTC to MK stopping at Cont.

jcldtrek

when i went in december 2nd to 9th of 2014, the resort line the one night had a train issue and it was delayed for 25 min at mk. i was at contemporary and it had a huge line waiting. they ended up bringing a express monorail up and stopping it at the other side of the loading platform and loaded it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom