Monorail Power failure

Richy_roo

Original Poster
Was anyone on the monorail (or monofail) which suffered a power failiure and had to be evacuated?

i was in DCA and saw 6 helicopters hovering over DL, it was then on the evening news..

PS - just got back from DL/DCA and it is excellent, Soaring over California is one awesome ride...

NowInc

That had to be pretty freaky....isnt the evacuation process involving climbing down a rope latter from the monorail cars?

Richy_roo

Original Poster
Monorail

Looked like they had ladders on the news report.. although i was pretty scary, especially after 11/09 , seeing all those helicopters.

i videoed the news report, ill double check and let you know.

pixiedust32

You have to remember that the monorail tracks at Disneyland are no where near as high up as at World - the evacuation process was really not that awful - just like climbing down the house. There were people inside that were videotaping the news helicopters so I'm sure there is video out there somewhere

Al

Originally posted by pixiedust32
You have to remember that the monorail tracks at Disneyland are no where near as high up as at World - the evacuation process was really not that awful - just like climbing down the house. There were people inside that were videotaping the news helicopters so I'm sure there is video out there somewhere

id like to see it, :D

Michael

I was in Monorail Orange at the time of this incident. The first part of the train was on the spur side of the track which prevented facilites to bring out the mule train. Disneyland brought cold bottled water to the Monorail and handed those to guests while they were waiting to be evacuated. The media totally blew what happened out of proportion.

WDWFanatic

That's the job of the media, to panic everyone for no reason at all and blow everything out of proportion. They love to air out the dirty laundry.
"Excuse me sir, you've lost your house and your entire family."
(shoving a microphine in face) "Any comment?"

I hate the media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom