Monorail Black to get Star Wars promo window decoration

note2001

Don't care for the planes at all. Nope. Yuck.(When I first saw them I thought they were cool, but that wore off fast.)
As for the monorail wrap, I can see the effect they were shooting for, but unfortunately the train itself is old and looks it. Guess it matches the dirty beams though. Had it been placed on a shiny new train, or had the wrap at least made it look like a shiny new train, it would be a bit better.

rucifee

Be careful, you don't want to insult Disney here. You may upset some people.
I think the wrap on the window is inventive and a wonderful cost saving measure. Disney can do no wrong.

Oh boy don't I know it. The Disney advocates and guest relations folks come out of the woodwork to defend their gods.

To restate, the wrap is definitely inventive, wonderful, and I don't think anyone else on earth could have pulled it off the way that they have.

There, am I doing it right now? :hilarious::D:hilarious:

reptar77

Really, it's not a full wrap? How cheap and cheesy. They really do invest as little as possible in the monorail system, even when they use it for advertisement. So sad. :(
Agreed! I wish they did a wrap like Tron.
4603125158_43daea8d07_b.jpg

EOD K9

Speaking of tying in other colors to a light saber, just make the monorail into one. Make one end wrapped as the hilt and the rest of the wrap as the blade. Bam!

btriple

Could it be a timing issue. You guys know better than I do but aren't they a train down? Doing a full wrap would have taken much longer to complete than just some window stickers. So without taking another monorail out of service just to put a wrap they just went with the windows.

lazyboy97o

Could it be a timing issue. You guys know better than I do but aren't they a train down? Doing a full wrap would have taken much longer to complete than just some window stickers. So without taking another monorail out of service just to put a wrap they just went with the windows.
A monorail down because of the crash? That shouldn't have been known about when these were being designed and manufactured.

Jon81uk

I don't think they were just being cheap. It looks like it should be a good design, the desert reflecting in the windows of the train. Probably looked great in the CG version in the graphic designers office. Trouble is, as others said, on an old dirty train in the real world it just doesn't have the desired effect.
The Tron wrap looks more like a giant billboard, I think here they were going for something more subtle, elegant and arty for Star Wars, but it just didn't quite work in the real world.

Kman101

It's OK. I'd have preferred a full wrap but it's fine for what it is. My problem is the dirty monorail. I've said for a long time now these things need a good cleaning and paint job. They could really re-do their fleet and they aren't. New carpet? Whoopee.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom