Votes: 1 5.6%
  • $8.00-$9.99

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • over $10.00

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

2much2do

Original Poster
I realize this is a sensitive subject and no one seems to want to say exactly even though it has been asked a lot in these forums. I thought a poll with it's anonimity might help some of us to get a better picture of how much you make as a typical hourly employee at WDW. Thanks in advance and I hope I am not offending anyone. :)

Maria

I´m not afraid to answer.... disclaimer: I don´t remember signing anything that said I couldn´t reveal my salary.

I earned from 5 something to 6.35 an hour, but it varies depending on your work location, type of visa, etc. ;) I´m talking about internationals, k? Americans got paid more even being on the same program. ;)

Sure it was not a lot of money, but you do survive. Being on the international or college programs, your rent is already deducted and transportation to and from work is already covered, so the moeny you get is basically for partying, travelling and eating. You don´t come back rich, but I assure you, you come back happy that u did it and sad that you are coming back! ;)

epcot71

ok i have a money question too.im a store manager for a store that does $600,000 a week with 10 years of management experience with a 2 year hiatis in sales with coke.what kind of salary do general managers at places like mouse gears,world of disney,or emporium?-im interested in a salaried managers position in merchandise-anyone know?

cm1988

Merchandise Salaries

Originally posted by epcot71
...manager for a store that does $600,000 a week... 10 years of management experience... what kind of salary do general managers at places like mouse gears,world of disney,or emporium?

To clarify the title, Merchandise GM's at WDW are at the executive level... in charge of Merchandise operations (and sometimes more) for the entire park. World of Disney might be an exception, though.

Entry level Managers are "Guest Service Managers"; there are also Area/Regional Managers.

Sorry, I could only guess what they make... if none of them replies for you, I'd suggest you check with U.S. Dept. of Labor statistics. Your Public Library may have it in print, or a search starting at Google.com will probably lead you to the answer quickly. WDW is in a competitive job market... so it would be unusual for salaries to be much different than 'the norm'.

2much2do

Original Poster
Lots of view, but not many replies, and only two votes. I wonder why no one wants to tell us how much they make/made? How can anyone know if moving down there or applying for work at WDW is a good idea if the pay rate is top secret :(

cm1988

Originally posted by 2much2do
...pay rate is top secret...

According to the Orlando Sentinal the starting pay for many WDW roles is in the $6.50 range for full time cast. Please note that could be less than 40 hours per week, unless overtime is available.

Sea World pays a little more... like $6.65... plus (believe it or not) a couple of cases of beer or soda each month. Universal is a little less.

For other employment classifications... and there are literally hundreds of them... your best information will be from the Bureau of Labor & Statistics website. They should give you a good idea what people are earning in the area for various jobs.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by epcot71
ok i have a money question too.im a store manager for a store that does $600,000 a week with 10 years of management experience with a 2 year hiatis in sales with coke.what kind of salary do general managers at places like mouse gears,world of disney,or emporium?-im interested in a salaried managers position in merchandise-anyone know?

if I'm correct, Guest Service Managers start at approx 30k per year, and their raises are based on annual evaluations from their cast

mkt

Premium Member
All I'll disclose is that I make more starting at Universal than I do w/ over 2 years at Disney

2much2do

Original Poster
What about the bus and monorail drivers? They can't make minimum wage. I can see Disney paying the custodial staff, ticket takers, ride operators, housekeeping, food service people at the low end of the spectrum (although I think they should get paid more!) But bus drivers need to have commercial drivers licsences and they could be making 15 an hour easily on the outside. Anyone know about the transportation pay?

mkt

Premium Member
What about the bus and monorail drivers? They can't make minimum wage. I can see Disney paying the custodial staff, ticket takers, ride operators, housekeeping, food service people at the low end of the spectrum (although I think they should get paid more!) But bus drivers need to have commercial drivers licsences and they could be making 15 an hour easily on the outside. Anyone know about the transportation pay?

bus drivers make quite a bit, monorail pilots don't

Invero

Disney Transport is one of the higher paying departments within Walt Disney World, with Bus Drivers making slightly more than Monorail Pilots.

From what I am to understand, Busses actually is the highest pay grade on property, however, I could be mistaken.

It also depends on one's seniority.

2much2do

Original Poster
Thanks for the info Tyler. My DH has a commercial drivers liscence and would love working at WDW when we move down there in the fall. I will pass along the info and see if maybe he might want to apply there.

Invero

Thanks for the info Tyler. My DH has a commercial drivers liscence and would love working at WDW when we move down there in the fall. I will pass along the info and see if maybe he might want to apply there.

Disney Transport is a GREAT place to work... I have sooo much fun. The people (for the most part) are awesome to work with. I have never had SO much fun in my life.

It's kinda funny though... there's somewhat of a rivalry between Busses and Monorails... which kind of puts me in a tight spot, having done both... :)

2much2do

Original Poster
My husband wants a job that is fun and not as stressful as his previous jobs. I told him there can be stress in any job, but being at Disney has got to be better than being on I-95!!! He is concerned about the money, of course, hearing that many CM make under $8.00 an hour. This cannot fully support a family, besides which, he can make up to $18 an hour outside. What you are saying gives us hope. I guess we will have to go over to casting and find out what they'd pay him and even if they are hiring! :)

Invero

Originally posted by Main Street USA
im interested to know what monorail pilots make. i know its a personal question, so if you dont want to answer, dont feel like you have to.

LOL... it would appear as if everyone wants to know...

Suffice to say... "Not enough."

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by figmentbaby
Does anyone know how much a starting animator makes at MGM studios???

they don't work for WDW, but rather feature animation (based out of glendale, CA) so they make quite a bit more than park CM's. I don't know any specific numbers, but I would guesstimate approx $35k per year starting as an animator

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom